chapel road astro turf

i am sooo feking angry!! just had to shell out £50 excess for a passenger side window on my brand new corsa that some kind scrote broke coz he had nothing better to do, the autoglass guy tells me the window regulator has also been broken ( £100-£140) . the cctv is useless coz the lights in the car park dont work and the 2 prized plonkers that work there tell me it happens nearly every night.......what a lovely town we live in!! :ranting::disappointed:

i am sooo feking angry!! just had to shell out £50 excess for a passenger side window on my brand new corsa that some kind scrote broke coz he had nothing better to do, the autoglass guy tells me the window regulator has also been broken ( £100-£140) . the cctv is useless coz the lights in the car park dont work and the 2 prized plonkers that work there tell me it happens nearly every night.......what a lovely town we live in!! :ranting::disappointed:

Don't mean to be rude or sound blunt - but that can happen anywhere you park your car.

The country is full of unscrupulous characters!!!

Don't mean to be rude or sound blunt - but that can happen anywhere you park your car.

The country is full of unscrupulous characters!!!

fair point m8 but im more angry that the staff who look after the astro where just uninterested at my plight and that of another guys corsa who also had his window smashed and stereo nicked

fair point m8 but im more angry that the staff who look after the astro where just uninterested at my plight and that of another guys corsa who also had his window smashed and stereo nicked

I'm sure it is OCL (Oldham Community Leisure) who own and run Chapel Road and you are probably in a similar situation if your car is broken into whilst at the swimming baths, for example. They have CCTV, though what the £5.75/hr staff can do about it is probably very little.

Report it to OCL, I wish you luck, but don't be too hopeful.

Good luck!

Why does anyone nick a car stereo? When was the last time you saw a car without one?

I`m guessing the guys you spoke to were merely the security guards, who tbh wont give a toss. Ring the office Monday, or pop down and have a word with the lads that are in and run the facility. Would have thought theyd be alot more useful mate.

yes they were the security men m8. he said that they take it in turns to park his own car inside the astro as their cars got done a couple of weeks ago (he showed me the glass on the floor). they didn't nick anything even though i had an mp3 player hidden next to the handbreak, which they looked at because when i came to my car after footy it was on the seat (must'nt have liked my taste in music).lol :blink:

it wouldnt happen at royton and crompton astro :D

true m8, chapel road astro has a wall hiding the car park so nobody can see the cars. also royton and crompton is well lit up where chapel road is unlit coz they are broke hence the reason the cctv is useless.