The Fans Are Killing The Club...

For crying out loud.

I can't understand why we need to keep worrying about this ground issue.

Suggestions have been made regarding sharing with Rochdale at a site central to both clubs.

Hand on heart, would it really hurt us to share with our neighbours?

I honestly can't see a more sensible solution that would suit the finances of both clubs.

No doubt the idea would raise the heckles of a few on here, but it would free up some money to spend on the team.

Guaranteed weekly income, halved maintenance and running costs, plus a shiny new 25,000 seater.

I would be happy to ground share a NEW stadium with Rochdale...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, Moore was absoluute idiot who couldnt't find his arse with both hands. Whatever I think of TTA, they are not fools and aren't willing to throw money away. They geninely thought we were good enough to go up so backed it, although conservatively.

Secondly, where is all this money you say they have coming from? They bankroll us with a few hundred grand per year. I very much doubt they can invest anymore than that.

oafc0000, are you saying if we got a side playing quality football you still woulddn't show up? That sort of attitude from certain fans is killing the club...

there american buisness,thats where they have got the money from for the buying ba site....so like i was saying,instead of buying a piece of land without planning consent why not spend that kinda cash on the team??? they will get there money back from promotion so its a calculated risk,plus i dont class them in the same mould as moore,he was a knob,these guys are very prudent,but the purse strings need slackening off a bit,and we need to invest in quality players capable of getting out of this league...

there american buisness,thats where they have got the money from for the buying ba site....so like i was saying,instead of buying a piece of land without planning consent why not spend that kinda cash on the team??? they will get there money back from promotion so its a calculated risk,plus i dont class them in the same mould as moore,he was a knob,these guys are very prudent,but the purse strings need slackening off a bit,and we need to invest in quality players capable of getting out of this league...

Because when they bought it without planning permission it would have been significantly cheaper than buying it with planning permission......... If that is so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Not spending a shed load on players is being prudent. To change that would be to do a Moores...

There is no middle ground... You are either spending beyond your means (which we are currently doing) or you are not... Your call is to spend even more beyond our means...

I once said "oh lets just go for broke" as a bit of a joke / rant... That is what you are saying you want above for real... It is exactly what Moores did and when he ran out of money so did we...

Edited by oafc0000

Not spending a shed load on players is being prudent. To change that would be to do a Moores...

There is no middle ground... You are either spending beyond your means (which we are currently doing) or you are not... Your call is to spend even more beyond our means...

I once said "oh lets just go for broke" as a bit of a joke / rant... That is what you are saying you want above for real... It is exactly what Moores did and when he ran out of money so did we...

not really...they have always said that money is always available for a marquee signing....when have we had one???? when will we have one???

chris moores was stupid,these owners are not..we are debt free,so they keep telling us.....we need decent quality players to improve a very poor squad,which enables us to play a better standard of football and maybe just maybe get some fans back watching again....

pruning and trimming budgets year on year means we are always going to be setting our stall out to only be able to afford journeymen and bargain basement players,which produces the football we are playing now..

you and plenty of others have already left....we carry on like this and there wont be many of us to carry on watching..what would be the point in building a spanking new stadium with the latest facilities for 2k fans!!!

A lot of things have gone wrong since we left the halycon days of being a mid-table top division side

Everyone is far too willing to blame Penney for the team being poor at the moment, saying he bought the players, he sets the tactics etc. Very few are questioning the owners- they appointed him and he was apparently their first choice of the people who applied. I seriously doubt Penney has anything like the budget Moore and Shez had (certainly the first two seasons) despite what gets said and quite frankly I think the board appointed Penney not because he's a tactical genius but because he's a disciplinarian- unlike Shez.

:blink:

What do you mean you seriously doubt it? Presumably you must also seriously suspect that TTA ‘cooked’ the books which they showed leeslover and L&E? From the information they garnered it’s fair to deduce that the 2008/2009 wage bill was what it was in 2007/2008. Even prior to that information it was pretty bleeding obvious there was little, if anything, in it just by taking a look at the ‘ins and outs’ of summer 2008. You must have been on whatever boundaryblue80 was on – though he finally seems to have let go of that straw so perhaps you could do the same, as opposed to stating ‘certainly’.

TTA are in for some stick off you today aren’t they? Not content with effectively, if indirectly, questioning their integrity you now want to point the finger at them for failures which fall within Penney’s remit. Whilst they must shoulder the blame for a poor appointment you would imagine that, if they do accept this ‘responsibility’, they should be cutting their losses and sacking him. However rudemedic has advocated us sticking by Penney in other posts. Let's have some continuity of reasoning man.

As for Penney being TTA first choice, largely on the grounds that he’s a disciplinarian, well, firstly he doesn’t look too ferocious from the sidelines. Secondly, why put the emphasis on appointing a disciplinarian when it was pretty clear that the squad was to be overhauled anyway? I don’t recall much bemoaning of Penney’s appointment at the time, so presumably most though it to be ok. I myself think the board appointed Penney as he was the ‘best of a bad bunch’, so to speak. I can’t imagine that there were hoards of respected managers beating down the door for an interview, particularly in light of the shoddy treatment Sheridan received. Fact is, as Oldham Athletic looking for a new manager, you have three choices. There’s the in-house promotion, the widely respected legend (if you’re lucky), and the journeyman. We forced out our legend, foolishly believing the grass to be greener. We subsequently appointed a journeyman and are now reaping the grass we sowed instead. Tastes :censored: doesn't it?

:blink:

What do you mean you seriously doubt it? Presumably you must also seriously suspect that TTA ‘cooked’ the books which they showed leeslover and L&E? From the information they garnered it’s fair to deduce that the 2008/2009 wage bill was what it was in 2007/2008. Even prior to that information it was pretty bleeding obvious there was little, if anything, in it just by taking a look at the ‘ins and outs’ of summer 2008. You must have been on whatever boundaryblue80 was on – though he finally seems to have let go of that straw so perhaps you could do the same, as opposed to stating ‘certainly’.

TTA are in for some stick off you today aren’t they? Not content with effectively, if indirectly, questioning their integrity you now want to point the finger at them for failures which fall within Penney’s remit. Whilst they must shoulder the blame for a poor appointment you would imagine that, if they do accept this ‘responsibility’, they should be cutting their losses and sacking him. However rudemedic has advocated us sticking by Penney in other posts. Let's have some continuity of reasoning man.

As for Penney being TTA first choice, largely on the grounds that he’s a disciplinarian, well, firstly he doesn’t look too ferocious from the sidelines. Secondly, why put the emphasis on appointing a disciplinarian when it was pretty clear that the squad was to be overhauled anyway? I don’t recall much bemoaning of Penney’s appointment at the time, so presumably most though it to be ok. I myself think the board appointed Penney as he was the ‘best of a bad bunch’, so to speak. I can’t imagine that there were hoards of respected managers beating down the door for an interview, particularly in light of the shoddy treatment Sheridan received. Fact is, as Oldham Athletic looking for a new manager, you have three choices. There’s the in-house promotion, the widely respected legend (if you’re lucky), and the journeyman. We forced out our legend, foolishly believing the grass to be greener. We subsequently appointed a journeyman and are now reaping the grass we sowed instead. Tastes :censored: doesn't it?

i think the majoirty on here were ok with his appointment....however the honeymoon period doesnt last long these days and he hasnt helped himself this season.

so by your reckoning then,our next appointment should be from within....tony p and dux as the dream team perhaps??? think they would get more respect than most managers appointed,and a lot more tolerance and leeway if things dont go well immediately

Surely even if the overall budget is the same the available budget can go up and down due to the contracted players at the club. For example, I would expect Lee and Whitaker to be high earners and that Penney would rather spend the money elsewhere.

Edhunter - I dont think even Tony P and Dux would get given any time either. Sadly I think no manager will get given time at Latics to get things right again. If they came in and did badly, all hell would break loose blaming their inexperience and criticising the owners for not getting someone better in.

so by your reckoning then,our next appointment should be from within....tony p and dux as the dream team perhaps??? think they would get more respect than most managers appointed,and a lot more tolerance and leeway if things dont go well immediately

I'd buy a ST given that appointment.

However, I'd look no further than Andy Ritchie. The legend of legends and with a decent managerial CV to boot. If he was daft enough to take the job it really wouldn't matter to me that a few posters on OWTB believe him to be too nice, or whatever. :unsure:

If Penney went, make no mistake the next manager will be a cheap appointment and will have to work on a lower wage budget this season.

Re Ritchie, I don't think he is the answer and would rather Dux or Tony P get a crack, but thats just my opinion. If Ritchie came in as manager, and we were still in League 1, I would renew my season ticket.

You'd top yersen if Ritchie came in and did crap, wouldn't you? :grin:

We'd have to define 'doing crap'.

If he did anything approaching what Shez did, which some thought was crap, bless their cotton socks, then I'd be happy. However be mindful that he'd probably have even less money to work with, what with the palaver of the last 12 months.

It's enough to make my blood boil. :ranting:

We'd have to define 'doing crap'.

If he did anything approaching what Shez did, which some thought was crap, bless their cotton socks, then I'd be happy.

The fans want more than what Shez did then you realistically need a Moores style bankroll. Which will not and should not happen.

Sacking Shez is what caused me to give up. So much time and money invested and we pulled the plug. Look what we have now.

I'd buy a ST given that appointment.

However, I'd look no further than Andy Ritchie. The legend of legends and with a decent managerial CV to boot. If he was daft enough to take the job it really wouldn't matter to me that a few posters on OWTB believe him to be too nice, or whatever. :unsure:

i understand your reasoning...and maybe he didnt get a fair crack of thw whip last time...but again???

im really at a loss as to who you could try to tempt here to take over...like someone else said,they may just go for the cheap option...and within,so tony p n dux for me.....they cant do any worse,and know how to develop players and get them playing....

There are many factors killing the club at the moment but to dismiss the fans as a cause is to have a blinkered view. You could say that I am contributing by not attending games anymore.

Even when we've been bad in the past games have still been good to go to, the fans have had a sense of humour, it was still entertaining. There's none of that now, current fans are unfriendly, unwelcoming and too busy looking for a fight with everything and everyone.

That will not attract lapsed or new fans I promise you.

There are many factors killing the club at the moment but to dismiss the fans as a cause is to have a blinkered view. You could say that I am contributing by not attending games anymore.

Even when we've been bad in the past games have still been good to go to, the fans have had a sense of humour, it was still entertaining. There's none of that now, current fans are unfriendly, unwelcoming and too busy looking for a fight with everything and everyone.

that depends on where you sit,if you choose to sit near the muppet choir in the rocky road end then you cant blame anybody but yourself....why not sit elsewhere.

i go to games with the kids now...there are only about 3 of my old group who still go,but it doesnt stop me going and having a laff at the idiots who spout :censored: and nonesense....

You are right...

Since being honest that I don't come anymore and giving the reasons why its just been hostile abuse... It is hardly going to encourage me to come back.

Just regarding conversations over the manager / failsworth etc... Everyone seems to want to kill each other :lol:

Pass

Edited by oafc0000

that depends on where you sit,if you choose to sit near the muppet choir in the rocky road end then you cant blame anybody but yourself....why not sit elsewhere.

i go to games with the kids now...there are only about 3 of my old group who still go,but it doesnt stop me going and having a laff at the idiots who spout :censored: and nonesense....

Where do you sit ? I sat in the Main Stand against Exeter for a change... Was awful...

You are right...

Since being honest that I don't come anymore and giving the reasons why its just been hostile abuse... It is hardly going to encourage me to come back.

Just regarding conversations over the manager / failsworth etc... Everyone seems to want to kill each other :lol:

Pass

make ya mind up...last week it was dire football in a dire ground that was keeping you away :devilish:

Where do you sit ? I sat in the Main Stand against Exeter for a change... Was awful...

i sit in the rre these days.got sick and tired of dodging the stantions and sitting in seats full of bird :censored:...

and the lack of total atmoshphere in the chaddy...

i find it highly amusing all the comments and people shouting...then hearing someone else put them back in there place...

i sit in the rre these days.got sick and tired of dodging the stantions and sitting in seats full of bird :censored:...

and the lack of total atmoshphere in the chaddy...

i find it highly amusing all the comments and people shouting...then hearing someone else put them back in there place...

While the rest of the stand sit in silence watching the game.... yawn....

You actually show up the point Macca was making...

Edited by oafc0000