If we do get rid of Penney, I suggest Hoddle as manager

I know it sounds daff but Hoddle runs a academy for second chance players. ie players who have not made it the first time round.

Let him use some of these players (making him some money :wink: ), adding to his wages the club will pay (basically a selling club).

Having a big name at the club will raise attendances and media cover of the club. Thus we may get higher profile players interested in joining? No doubt the football will get better. What more he would have contacts and probably a half decent scouting network available.

Oldham seems to do something when the players are rejects and have something to prove - Royles team was made up from Leeds & Man City rejects Irwin, Barrett, Pointon etc & even more recent Dowie team consisted of players who fell out of the league - Fitz & Andrews to name two!

That's just my 2 pennys worth (pardon the pun)

What do you think?

Final, unarguable proof that jaffacakes are fruitcakes not biscuits. :lol::wink:

True - :lol:

Add his business interests with our club? What motive do you need? Its basic - if he has an outlet for these players both he and the club will make money (thats if these second chance players are any good). And we get a big name. Its a win / win !

just like he had at Blackpool

He was at a very different point in his career then, trying to make a name for himself, he has now done that so I'm guessing will not want to start at the bottom again.

Do you seriously think he would want to come to Latics as manager now after managing at Leeds, bloody hell talk about a backward step, opinions eh.

We must have a fair amount of money to spend transfer fee's on players like Colbeck and Furman.

You're right we must have tons of cash sloshing around to be playing in a three sided stadium, which we have been doing for some time now and will continue to do for some time yet.

Wasting about £100K on Furman and Colbeck (and that is what we have done) doesn't mean we have money, £100K is nothing even at this level to a team like Leeds, Grayson was managing in the Championship and now at Leeds, he will not want to come to Latics even if Leeds got rid.