My e-mail to Alan Hardy

Niks hit the nail right on the head. The state we are in isn't just down to the manager. It's the entire club. It's rotting from the inside out. From the owners down to the ground staff. All the negativity within the club is affecting the players on the pitch. No motivation.

The owners believed they could take this club further. Now they've realised we can never have the fan base to be a stable Championship club. Failsworth won't happen, the council don't care about sport in the town. I believe it will go to pot, and we will rot in a 3 sided ground while the land around is sold off for development to try and claw some money back.

I'm not a Penney outer or inner. I honestly don't know what the best thing would be. I just know the club I love I'd being run into the ground.

And please, Hardy is a fan, don't make me wee my knickers!

Hi Alan,

This is the first time I have e-mailed you and I feel this is because I have never been so downbeat about an Oldham Athletic team.

After yet another boring, lacklustre performance at Boundary Park on Saturday I felt it only necessary to donate my Season Ticket for the rest of the year to my bin. And unless I see any promise that next season wont be the same garbage football churned out, I certainly wont be paying for another one.

All season I have attended Boundary Park and numerous away fixtures uninspired by what I have seen, but always thought we were better than we have shown and it would eventually come good. Now with roughly 10 games to go, I am yet to see that happen, and sadly given up hope it ever will. I have never been a Penney out fan, but right now I genuinely don’t see any other way that this club will move up the league next season without someone else at the helm. I have recently come to wonder just what he thinks when he picks a team, and also brings on his substitutes. Why has he banged on all season about our strikers not scoring enough. Did he ever come to think that the Wingers have been useless and the strikers aren’t getting a service. Pawel Abbott has somehow managed to get 12 goals from this pathetic excuse for a midfield. Chris Taylor doesn’t look interested and Dean Smalley has lost all confidence, making him a worse player than usual. Also when Danny Whittaker who is a “centre midfielder” (if you could call him that) is played on the right wing, we really are struggling.

For me :censored: was, up until Christmas, our player of the season (bar Gregan). And yet since then he hasn’t had a look in. Last week at Wycombe, 2 Youth Team players were brought on before him. Although the kids cant be blamed and they might try, they aren’t yet good enough to really make a difference.

At the beginning of the season he replaced what were already mediocre players, with exact replicas, who have turned out to be much, much worse. The only reason we haven’t been relegated already is due to the fact Sean Gregan and Reuben Hazell haven’t been injured and have remained consistent.

I will now only be attending away fixtures this season, and that is only due to the fact I will be going for a drink with my friends and for the general banter. It will not be because I am inspired to watch this rubbish which is being put on display. We should just be thankful that there are somehow worse teams than our own i this league.

Unless something is done, me along with numerous friends and family, wont be purchasing again next season. I am a diehard Oldham fan, but Im not stupid enough to waste a large chunk of money on non entertaining football. Im sure I wont be the only one. There are many other local sides who offer much more entertainment and quality football, for a reasonably similar price, often cheaper.

Thankyou for your time and I hope you can understand my views.

Kind Regards

By the way can I just confirm his e mail address is it alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Well said mate! I sent similar to Corney several weeks ago and havn't had a reply so dont expect one. Same as yours I stated as a season ticket holder of 20 odd years I wont be renewing with DP in charge. My brother, dad and a friend of ours have said the same. Unfortunatley I think we will all be ignored and Penney will remain in charge. That will mean the gates are vastly reduced from what they are now, but TTA have stopped caring what the fans think IMO.

Careful, with talk like that you'll get a few going round here

Ok then, I'm intrigued - what makes you say that Jac?

Its the one sent to SC that tickled me more though!!!

Which one? I havent noticed any?

:wink:

Niks hit the nail right on the head. The state we are in isn't just down to the manager. It's the entire club. It's rotting from the inside out. From the owners down to the ground staff. All the negativity within the club is affecting the players on the pitch. No motivation.

The owners believed they could take this club further. Now they've realised we can never have the fan base to be a stable Championship club. Failsworth won't happen, the council don't care about sport in the town. I believe it will go to pot, and we will rot in a 3 sided ground while the land around is sold off for development to try and claw some money back.

I'm not a Penney outer or inner. I honestly don't know what the best thing would be. I just know the club I love I'd being run into the ground.

Its a bit harsh blaming them dont you think :D

Unfortunately the walls have eyes!

Unfortunately you have just tee'd yourself up to reveal what makes you say this or make yourself sound like someone who likes to think they know stuff but in reality their best mate's cousins uncles friends dog made it up...