Its slowly dawning on me that we are seeing the last breath's of Latics

I don't go anymore so I wont comment on the performances but results speak for themselves.

The stadium is half demolished and decaying. The crowds are tiny. Poor quality players with no loyalty make up the team and there is no money or ambition to change this.

The supposed new stadium is never gonna be built and even if it were, would latics survive the 2/2.5 years it would take to build?

I sadly fear that we are in the last 12 months of Latics continuing as a fully professional league team and whats even sadder? This once fanatical fan isn't really bothered.

I used to wake up on a saturday and couldnt wait to leave Blackpool for the hour drive, the walk to the shop and then the game, good, bad or indifferent and could never understand anyone not bothering to go, I unfortunately have become one of them, I dont even listen to latics world as the coverage is poor. The grounds crap, footballs crap, supports crap, atmospheres bitter, there is no fun in any of it and Oldham Athletic has always been a big part of my life, till now.

I used to wake up on a saturday and couldnt wait to leave Blackpool for the hour drive, the walk to the shop and then the game, good, bad or indifferent and could never understand anyone not bothering to go, I unfortunately have become one of them, I dont even listen to latics world as the coverage is poor. The grounds crap, footballs crap, supports crap, atmospheres bitter, there is no fun in any of it and Oldham Athletic has always been a big part of my life, till now.

After moving here in 2001, I used to set my alarm to get up at 7am on a Saturday (even after a skinful the night before!) so I could listen to the commentary and chat with other exiles on MSN (and more recently OWTB). Nowadays, if I wake up I go back to sleep... No interest in it.

I used to be gutted if matches were called off at Xmas/New Year but when I was over last Xmas, wasn't arsed... I've said this a few times on here before but I missed a home match when I was over last August/Sept - went on the beer instead. We lost 3-0 as well, but even then, years ago I would have been glad that I went. Something's gone seriously wrong at OAFC... And the silent majority are voting with their feet.

But if you were 3 successful businessmen who'd lost a ton of money already on this "project" would you care enough to throw more money at it? I don't think the threat of relegation to the bottom tier and the beginning of the ultimate demise of OAFC matters to TTA.

<puts tin hat on>

Feel pretty much the same, not going to go to another game this season after last night, its just depressing.

The club is just a mess and can't see how it will be sorted. The TTA still seem to be putting all their eggs in one basket with the stadium move 5 years down the line and still ignoring all the other problems with the club. We need to bring some new life in to the club and a new ground alone isn't going to solve all our problems when everything else about the club is stale and going no where. When/If we finally get this new stadium built i expect us to make a complete hash of it anyway, it will have no character or soul, it will be a lifeless box and you won't even know who plays there. We have such a half arsed amateur set up it beggars belief. First things first i'd like Alan Hardy to resign/retire/step down and then we can bring someone in with some fresh ideas to take this club forward, not stay sat in our own s**t.

A club that can't be arsed, players and a manager that don't give a s**t .... the attitude has just spread to the fans

I don't go anymore so I wont comment on the performances but results speak for themselves.

The stadium is half demolished and decaying. The crowds are tiny. Poor quality players with no loyalty make up the team and there is no money or ambition to change this.

The supposed new stadium is never gonna be built and even if it were, would latics survive the 2/2.5 years it would take to build?

I sadly fear that we are in the last 12 months of Latics continuing as a fully professional league team and whats even sadder? This once fanatical fan isn't really bothered.

smile though your heart is aching :grin: :grin: :grin:

So 'poor quality players with no loyalty make up the team and there is no money or ambition to change this. '

But you have stopped going so you cant say that?

Also money is going in,

think about 500k or there own money per year?

I Know how you feel Gannon, I seriously thought the same way before Christmas that I am witness the club's death throe.

However, the new stadium design has given me a lift. I know its controversial and I know it may never happen (yes another stadium option how many have we had?) But it was a boost I needed for me carry on going.

I really thought too that just after Xmas the squad was almost back to full strength that it was the start of our season. Hell, that got blown out of the water quite spectaculary.

And now we are here 19th, 1 game in hand looking over our shoulder into the drop zone and not too sure how we going to climb up the table either.

I was secretly hoping for play offs at the start of the season, realistically I thought 10th. Is this still achievable? to be honest I don't care as long as we start winning. I need to feel that buzz of a hard fought decent win with some goals.

Seriously, that team better come out guns blazing and firing on all four cylinders with a fire inthe belly that drives them onto a win. Or even I will consider launching that ST on the pitch just like Omar did last night

Keeping the faith is proving a hard test for us all this season.

The attendance says everything...with a catch though...

The ones turning there backs now aren't the fair-weather fans have some have suggested. They are the core... Scary times as so many tics find better things to do on a match day.

This weekends attendance will be telling just how much trouble we are or are not in... A night game with Man U on the TV probably is not the best test...

Edited by oafc0000

The attendance says everything...with a catch though...

The ones turning there backs now aren't the fair-weather fans have some have suggested. They are the core... Scary times as so many tics find better things to do on a match day.

This weekends attendance will be telling just how much trouble we are or are not in... A night game with Man U on the TV probably is not the best test...

Those attending at the moment are certainly that, I think you will find. A core doesn't disappear.

Some who've turned their backs ARE fair weather - some others aren't, they may have gone for years and that is sad to lose them. But those who continue to follow, when possible, regardless of position, performance levels and other negative, mitigating circumstances will always be regarded as the 'core'!!

Those attending at the moment are certainly that, I think you will find. A core doesn't disappear.

Some who've turned their backs ARE fair weather - some others aren't, they may have gone for years and that is sad to lose them. But those who continue to follow, when possible, regardless of position, performance levels and other negative, mitigating circumstances will always be regarded as the 'core'!!

Well... What we all used to think was the core is appearing to be smaller than we all used to think...

Remember having many a conversation online and in pubs where the figure of 3500 core was talked about... Looking more like 2500... What will the core be if we are relegated....

For me, regardless of what you say above, the core are walking, its panic time...

The core used to be 2500 ST holders and about 1000 pay on the day... That was always the perception anyway...

Edited by oafc0000

Well... What we all used to think was the core is appearing to be smaller than we all used to think...

Remember having many a conversation online and in pubs where the figure of 3500 core was talked about... Looking more like 2500... What will the core be if we are relegated....

For me, regardless of what you say above, the core are walking, its panic time...

The core is certainly 'thinning' and we are ALL just a tad worried about the prospect of relegation - However!! Watch Man U instead? Not on your feckin' nellies! Walk away and not support them - Not on your feckin' nellies!!

Mouldy Old Dough.

The core is certainly 'thinning' and we are ALL just a tad worried about the prospect of relegation - However!! Watch Man U instead? Not on your feckin' nellies! Walk away and not support them - Not on your feckin' nellies!!

Mouldy Old Dough.

Don't get too stuck on the Man U comment... It could easily be replaced with a big of rugby league or wanting to go to the kids school performance...

The weekend attendance for such a crucial game will be telling... One way or the other...

Don't get too stuck on the Man U comment... It could easily be replaced with a big of rugby league or wanting to go to the kids school performance...

The weekend attendance for such a crucial game will be telling... One way or the other...

3 points won or lost might be more telling :wink:

And to be honest, i'd rather have 2'500 fans in the ground getting behind the team, than 3'500 moaning as soon as we go a goal down, shouting "Taylor you're :censored:, Brill/Flahavan you're a joke, Eff off Smalley, F Off you Yorkshire ****".............

Though i'm more than sure Mr Corney et al would not share that sentiment.

3 points won or lost might be more telling :wink:

And to be honest, i'd rather have 2'500 fans in the ground getting behind the team, than 3'500 moaning as soon as we go a goal down, shouting "Taylor you're :censored:, Brill/Flahavan you're a joke, Eff off Smalley, F Off you Yorkshire ****".............

Though i'm more than sure Mr Corney et al would not share that sentiment.

You can't possibly mean this surely ? You probably do actually...

I would rather have 50,000 moaning and bitching than have 2,500 blindly clapping along...

This one up manship super fan mentality really needs to stop... We have always had people who moan, people who cheer, people who like to sit down and eat there pies... Live and let live...

Since stopping coming I have had zero real encouragement to start coming again. Its counter productive...

It seems some are now happy to just have latics as a private members club of ultra supportive fans...

One of the best things about football fans is there sheer fickleness, one moment slagging a player off, next moment scream the same players name in praise... That has been football for the last 100 years and its only recently this is seen as a bad thing....

I don't recognise football anymore... Dinosaurs like me aren't wanted it would seem... Fine, would rather take the kid swimming...

Edited by oafc0000

First things first i'd like Alan Hardy to resign/retire/step down and then we can bring someone in with some fresh ideas to take this club forward

I agree with alot of what has been said in this thread, but not this. Yes we need a new vision, but Alan is the only person holding the club together at the moment. You only need to look back at the time he was away recuperating a few months ago to realise ho whtings begin to fall apart when he's not around. If Alan left the disintigration would just accelerate.