One for the ageing punx

On one of our regular friday night visits to Whittles this week, I had the fortune to stumble on a classic punk band called Last Gang In Town. They've been going a couple of years, but this was the first time I'd seen them- it won't be the last.

Great covers of Dead Kennedys, SLF, Damned, Clash, Pistols, Stranglers, Ruts, Buzzcocks, Skids, Subs, Upstarts, Ramones, and loads more - all done brilliantly.

It really took me back to my youth, and I don't give a toss what everyone thought of a 40-odd year old pogo-ing on his own by the door (It's only as embarrassing as being a Latics fan at the moment!).

I went home and told the mrs it made me want to dig my old tartan keks out again. She said she didn't know I used to be a Bay City Roller fan.................. <_<

If you've not seen them, they are well worth it. There's a gig list at www.lgit.co.uk

I'm still in a state of euphoria after seeing Buzzcocks in Bangkok last November! There was a thirty year gap between that gig and the last time I saw them but they were still brilliant. And it was quite an experience pogoing in a crowd of 45 - 55 year old ex-pat Punks. :)

On one of our regular friday night visits to Whittles this week, I had the fortune to stumble on a classic punk band called Last Gang In Town. They've been going a couple of years, but this was the first time I'd seen them- it won't be the last.

Great covers of Dead Kennedys, SLF, Damned, Clash, Pistols, Stranglers, Ruts, Buzzcocks, Skids, Subs, Upstarts, Ramones, and loads more - all done brilliantly.

It really took me back to my youth, and I don't give a toss what everyone thought of a 40-odd year old pogo-ing on his own by the door (It's only as embarrassing as being a Latics fan at the moment!).

I went home and told the mrs it made me want to dig my old tartan keks out again. She said she didn't know I used to be a Bay City Roller fan.................. <_<

If you've not seen them, they are well worth it. There's a gig list at www.lgit.co.uk

That line up of covers sounds brilliant. I'm hoping SLF come to Seattle again on on their next US tour. Seen them here twice after they got the band back together and one memorable gig in San Fran with andyb100 off here.

That line up of covers sounds brilliant. I'm hoping SLF come to Seattle again on on their next US tour. Seen them here twice after they got the band back together and one memorable gig in San Fran with andyb100 off here.

buzzcocks have just announced a large usa tour, and if you can, i definitely recommend PiL..gig of the decade for me last december,hope they announce for uk dates soon...stunning.

buzzcocks have just announced a large usa tour, and if you can, i definitely recommend PiL..gig of the decade for me last december,hope they announce for uk dates soon...stunning.

Cheers Johnny. My mate saw the Buzzcocks in Sydney a few weeks (or maybe months) ago. I'll keep my eye out for them. I think I saw an ad for PiL recently, I'll check. Thanks again.

What a gig that was !!!!!!!! what a night following too :grin: . My mates band Mr Lizard are supporting one Mr Eddie Tudorpole in manchester tommorow night (wed 14th) and The Alarm are plying the Academy on Friday eve !!!!!! Drinking again :grin:

What a gig that was !!!!!!!! what a night following too :grin: . My mates band Mr Lizard are supporting one Mr Eddie Tudorpole in manchester tommorow night (wed 14th) and The Alarm are plying the Academy on Friday eve !!!!!! Drinking again :grin:

LOL! "Punx Not Dead", eh? 2 gigs in a week?!?! Jammy barsteward... I was telling someone at work about Tenpole Tudor last week... # Over the hill with the swords of a 1,000 men #

Pedant's corner:

Are you drinking again cos the Alarm are plying the Academy with booze?!? :lol:

Have a good time mate. :drinking45:

LOL! "Punx Not Dead", eh? 2 gigs in a week?!?! Jammy barsteward... I was telling someone at work about Tenpole Tudor last week... # Over the hill with the swords of a 1,000 men #

Pedant's corner:

Are you drinking again cos the Alarm are plying the Academy with booze?!? :lol:

Have a good time mate. :drinking45:

I will be as sober as a judge mate.... Not going to the Tudorpole gig but I AM going to The Alarm after missing the Gathering ..... I will raise a glass or two for ya mate and I wont be driving either :o) .....

I will be as sober as a judge mate.... Not going to the Tudorpole gig but I AM going to The Alarm after missing the Gathering ..... I will raise a glass or two for ya mate and I wont be driving either :o) .....

I take it Mike's going then? :lol:

That's good it means you should end up near the front.