More News From The Reliable Mirror

Not the point though... If we can get some cash for him now IMO it is far less risk than seeing if he turns out to be a good egg in a couple of years... no slight on his ability at the moment, would just rather have the cash. Anything over £100k for any of our youngsters... and that ranges from Bembo-Leta to Smalley, take the money.

As for the stuff on taylor... a whole other threead on it... but he has been gash for over 18-months now, not just this season. Should have sold him long ago.

Sort of see what you’re getting at here.

If £100K was tabled for one of our youngsters; say Kirk Millar; it’s a major decision as to whether you accept and take the cash & run; or whether you reject; in the hope that they progress even more by staying at the club & getting games; increasing their value further and helping the team out in the process.

I believe that’s been the case with Taylor; as bids have been turned down for him in the region of £375k I believe? At the time; they were rejected – with his form for; as you say; the last 18 months, then these bids would look like good bits of business now. Hindsight eh?

Back on topic; Black played really well on Saturday. I’ve always thought he looked a promising wing back; as going forward he’s looked pretty mustard; but I felt his defending needed work on if he was to ‘make it’. On Saturday; I couldn’t fault any of his defensive duties. He filled in when the ball was on the opposite flank and gave cover to the CB’s, he had their #18 in his pocket and didn’t give the lively #23 sub a sniff when he came on either, and his goal line clearance was crucial too. Going forward; it was a quality ping for the 1st goal too.

If Black gets a run of games; I can see JJ struggling to get the LB spot back from him. Very impressive performance on Saturday.

Sort of see what you’re getting at here.

If £100K was tabled for one of our youngsters; say Kirk Millar; it’s a major decision as to whether you accept and take the cash & run; or whether you reject; in the hope that they progress even more by staying at the club & getting games; increasing their value further and helping the team out in the process.

I believe that’s been the case with Taylor; as bids have been turned down for him in the region of £375k I believe? At the time; they were rejected – with his form for; as you say; the last 18 months, then these bids would look like good bits of business now. Hindsight eh?

Back on topic; Black played really well on Saturday. I’ve always thought he looked a promising wing back; as going forward he’s looked pretty mustard; but I felt his defending needed work on if he was to ‘make it’. On Saturday; I couldn’t fault any of his defensive duties. He filled in when the ball was on the opposite flank and gave cover to the CB’s, he had their #18 in his pocket and didn’t give the lively #23 sub a sniff when he came on either, and his goal line clearance was crucial too. Going forward; it was a quality ping for the 1st goal too.

If Black gets a run of games; I can see JJ struggling to get the LB spot back from him. Very impressive performance on Saturday.

...put far more eloquently than I did... as always my friend :wink:

More micah rumours too on BBC gossip. Apparently city are willing to let Spurs talk to him

I've read City won't accept anything under 15 million...Spurs don't wanna pay more than 8-10 mill but due to their defensive casualty list...most likely will be forced to pay more than they really want to...Come on City...hold out for that 15 million!! :wink:

Edited by bensonio

I've read City won't accept anything under 15 million...Spurs don't wanna pay more than 8-10 mill but due to their defensive casualty list...most likely will be forced to pay more than they really want to...Come on City...hold out for that 15 million!! :wink:

If Richards is ever to move from city, how much of the 20% can we realistically expect to see put back into the playing squad? or will it all be sucked up by the new stadium plans?

If Richards is ever to move from city, how much of the 20% can we realistically expect to see put back into the playing squad? or will it all be sucked up by the new stadium plans?

Quite abit of it hopefully if the owners had any bloody sense...sort the product on the pitch and the people will return.

Although buying players is one thing...isnt the wage structure based on income through the gates/season ticket sales?