Manchester Masters 2010

Given that the usual banning orders and so on wouldn't have applied at that time, I wonder if any of the people kicking off there were the same ones makes a joke of Keith Alexander's death and disgracing his minute's silence? Or friends thereof.

Well we're not in it - confirmed on the 'fishal. The reason given is a cop-out though; we're not being invited because of the World Cup????? Nah; pish reason that; not having it.

Been to both of these do's when we've played and they were top days out - last years atmosphere was tempered a tad with the Burnley lot I felt compaired to the previous year; but I didn't see any of the troubles at all; so I couldn't possibly comment on who it was / whose fault it was.

Shame we're not invited as I was looking forward to another good day out; having a few scoops in the sun & cheering on the lads of yester-year......ah well; sh*te happens I suppose!!

Dissapointed in 2006 they marketed the fact the Masters was being played during the world cup. Poor excuse and the fact a few drunken idiots from both Oldham and Burnley wanted a scrap has cost the majority of our fans a great day out.

I think youll find it was the stewards causing the bother last year, getting heavy handed because they couldnt deal with the amount of adults there as opposed to family. Burnley ran riot, Blackburn and Oldham were no saints, but still it made it feel like a proper football atmosphere. If they have got rid of Oldham and Burnley, I wouldnt like to imagine what Stoke will do.

I think youll find it was the stewards causing the bother last year, getting heavy handed because they couldnt deal with the amount of adults there as opposed to family. Burnley ran riot, Blackburn and Oldham were no saints, but still it made it feel like a proper football atmosphere. If they have got rid of Oldham and Burnley, I wouldnt like to imagine what Stoke will do.

So the drink had nothing to do with it then?

Went the first year and was a good day out, was like a home game in manchester for us* with the amount of support we had. Not inviting us seems very strange, they must not like an atmosphere/money.

edit: * home game with AN ACTUAL ATMOSPHERE ! when was the last time we actually had one at BP?

Edited by cmr

After attending the event for the last 2 years, I'm not exactly disappointed that we aren't in it this year....why? Because last year I didn't enjoy it once we got in the M.E.N., going to the toilets in pairs to ensure one's safety isn't my idea of a fun day/night out :disappointed: The journey home on the train (which we decided to disembark) was nothing short of a disaster waiting to happen, I know that this won't happen again this year as there are no trains running up here, I thought it was poorly policed both by the transport police and GMP, allowing the train to be over crowded (ship everyone out asap, yes, but not to the general welfare and safety of the general public....including families) nothing short of farcical from the authorities.

So please explain where the stewards responsible or the fights and scuffles around Sinclair square in Manchester?