New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep ... sod it get Gannon in who needs a physio, groundsman, Doctor, CEO, ticketing Manager, steward... we will just have Gannon !! At least the playing budget will be better off with staff wages saved !

Not a bad suggestion :) Given the injuries we seem to get and crowds we probably don't need some of them :lol:

Appoint Gray and have more of the same... I don't think many fans want that... I don't think its a good choice for moving the club forward... Would of made more sense to stick with Penney...

Edited by oafc0000

I still don't think its that hard to manage a football team, like i could go to Chelsea, and take them close to winning the premiership, cruise to the quarters of the CL, and have a good cup run. Lampard, Drogba, Terry & Cech. Not exactly hard.

Be an experience to appoint Mr John Bloggs from down south, and put him in charge. Things couldn't get much worse than this season.

i think we do have the last say...or some do,otherwise we wouldnt have got through so many managers in the last 6 years....fan powers done for most of them...

maybe the club should take into consideration what fans think...at the end of the day tickets sales rose once penney had gone...if they want another increase they need to appoint the right man...otherwise people will feel hard done to and dare i say it...emotionally blackmailed into buying yet again

i personally think that the club should consider the fans thoughts same as you,and i also think that they should have,either monthly or half season meetings with the fans represenatives to discuss plans for the future of the club .

I wish I could.. i really wish I could.... Hope to meet you soon, seems we have mutal friends :wink:

1 am off I pop

It's only football... I think we should all remember rummys post a while tell us to stop taking it all so serious...

Edited by oafc0000

I stand by my choice... Gannon for manager... Shoot a rocket up everyone's arse...

I think he would bring success and to be quite frank, the MD and CEO should keep there nose out of football matters... Imagine just letting the manager get on with it, its a novel idea but it might just work.....

He would piss people off, play better football, be a success with a lower playing budget etc.

Quite happy with that.

My ONLY concern is that he'll do one before the job is complete (assuming he hasn't already done one and flitted back to his beloved County).

He would piss people off, play better football, be a success with a lower playing budget etc.

Quite happy with that.

My ONLY concern is that he'll do one before the job is complete (assuming he hasn't already done one and flitted back to his beloved County).

I will admit that is the only concern I have about him...

Ok then I will rephrase this, despite the fact I think you are blatantly on the windup. I knew why he was sacked I was trying to get you to justify your opinion in light of his poor record, which you are clearly struggling to do.

Lee richardson was sacked after over two seasons in charge at Chesterfield after two failed playoff attempts. They lost to Bradford City 2-0 on the last day of the 2008-2009 season, and there was fans protests outside the ground after the game in which fans were calling for his head. his managerial CV consists of a relegation, two failed playoff attempts and a parting of ways which was not his choice, based on his failures at Chesterfield.

He is up against candidates for the Oldham job who

- Know alot more about the club and the existing players than he does

- Who are held in much higher regards by the fans than he is

- Who have more coaching experience than him

- Who have learned their trade at a higher level than him

- Who have managed at a higher level than him

- Who have more promotions on their CV than him

In light of this, how can you justify your argument that you think Lee Richardson is the best candidate for the Oldham job?

He is up against candidates for the Oldham job who

- Know alot more about the club and the existing players than he does. Mark Crossley? Nicky Butt? Frankie Bunn? Jim Gannon? Yeah they all know the club inside out.

- Who are held in much higher regards by the fans than he is Mark Crossleuy, Nicky Butt, Jim Gannon, Andy Richie? Ha ha ha.

- Who have more coaching experience than him Mark Crossley, Nicky Butt?

- Who have learned their trade at a higher level than him As Above

- Who have managed at a higher level than him AS Above

- Who have more promotions on their CV than him AS Above plus Frankie Bunn.

Great Argument pal.

Talk about deluded

Edited by Trueblueforever