New Manager Thread

Oh, done your research have we. Lets just get Capello-he's got a proven track record.

What your proposing is a False Dichotomy; just because Richardson is not perceived by some to be good enough does not require the solution to be the best possible option. There is a comfortable middle ground.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No your the one on here trying to defend richardson and tell us what a good manager he is, you tell us, if he is such a great manager, why did chesterfield opt for hiring John Sheridan as opposed to renewing Lee Richardsons contract?

Like i say, ask the people that made the decision. And Sheridan has done loads better too.

No your the one on here trying to defend richardson and tell us what a good manager he is, you tell us, if he is such a great manager, why did chesterfield opt for hiring John Sheridan as opposed to renewing Lee Richardsons contract?

For those interested Bunn's interview is tomorrow and he's hoping to know the outcome by Friday.

Oh, done your research have we. Lets just get Capello-he's got a proven track record.

FFS- you say Neil Aspin is the best manager in non-league by the fact he managed to get Halifax promoted into the League FCUM play in. Bully for him- why didn't we appoint whoever it is at Durham City since they got promoted last year from the same division (bettering Halifax). Or how about the bloke at FCUM since they got promoted the year before. I'd have some of the posters on here before I even considered Neil Aspin.

As for your sarcastic comment about Capello what are you 10? There are loads of people with proven records (or proven playing careers) who are much better candidates than Neil Aspin (or Lee Richardson for that matter), in fact I'd have Vic Akers and Hope Powell before either of them and they've earned their reputation in women's football.

Ok.

The first rule of internet forums is don't talk about internet forums. (Obviously).

The second rule of internet forums is don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.

That is all.

I don't usually quote myself, but... :unsure:

Like i say, ask the people that made the decision. And Sheridan has done loads better too.

Ok then I will rephrase this, despite the fact I think you are blatantly on the windup. I knew why he was sacked I was trying to get you to justify your opinion in light of his poor record, which you are clearly struggling to do.

Lee richardson was sacked after over two seasons in charge at Chesterfield after two failed playoff attempts. They lost to Bradford City 2-0 on the last day of the 2008-2009 season, and there was fans protests outside the ground after the game in which fans were calling for his head. his managerial CV consists of a relegation, two failed playoff attempts and a parting of ways which was not his choice, based on his failures at Chesterfield.

He is up against candidates for the Oldham job who

- Know alot more about the club and the existing players than he does

- Who are held in much higher regards by the fans than he is

- Who have more coaching experience than him

- Who have learned their trade at a higher level than him

- Who have managed at a higher level than him

- Who have more promotions on their CV than him

In light of this, how can you justify your argument that you think Lee Richardson is the best candidate for the Oldham job?

Ok then I will rephrase this, despite the fact I think you are blatantly on the windup. I knew why he was sacked I was trying to get you to justify your opinion in light of his poor record, which you are clearly struggling to do.

Lee richardson was sacked after over two seasons in charge at Chesterfield after two failed playoff attempts. They lost to Bradford City 2-0 on the last day of the 2008-2009 season, and there was fans protests outside the ground after the game in which fans were calling for his head. his managerial CV consists of a relegation, two failed playoff attempts and a parting of ways which was not his choice, based on his failures at Chesterfield.

He is up against candidates for the Oldham job who

- Know alot more about the club and the existing players than he does

- Who are held in much higher regards by the fans than he is

- Who have more coaching experience than him

- Who have learned their trade at a higher level than him

- Who have managed at a higher level than him

- Who have more promotions on their CV than him

In light of this, how can you justify your argument that you think Lee Richardson is the best candidate for the Oldham job?

He cannot, but it won't stop him trying, or going down some other blind alley.

I genuinely don't understand why they won't give it me. I've done a great job at Newport County on FM10!

Because if you did a :censored: job, you'd start booing and singing at yourself and threaten not to turn up to games in the future :wink:

But what would that indicate if he did get it though? The fact that the owners may have said "we welcome your application but your up against external applicants", hence if he does get it, it will be because he has proved against other applicants that he is the best man for the position.

If they were appointing Gray as 'the cheap appointment', it would have been done straight after Penney went. You don't go through the whole shebang of advertising the position, finalising a shortlist and interview candidates if you are going to make the cheap appointment.

You do if it isn't going to be wholly popular and have ST deadline days coming and going...starting to wonder if it's all a big charade and Gray's always been the one to be chosen. To be announce once the final ST deadline has gone...

You do if it isn't going to be wholly popular and have ST deadline days coming and going...starting to wonder if it's all a big charade and Gray's always been the one to be chosen. To be announce once the final ST deadline has gone...

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnew...ldham_athletic/

Think that sums fans opinion up in a nutshell, which is a shame as I think if he was to get the job he deserves to be judged according to his own merits, not beaten with the same stick as penney, but fans have seemingly made up their mind.

I fully recognise Gray would not be a popular appointment to many, but there is no point in bringing an external appointment in unless their better than what you have. And I really don't see what Crossley offers what Gray doesnt, apart from manager/gk coach in one.

Fine. I'll take the leap of faith. I think if Ronnie Moore had been in charge in 06/07 we'd have been promoted.

Not that this has anything to do with the new manager, of course. What exactly are you getting at?

You're stealing my lines Zorro :wink:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnew...ldham_athletic/

Think that sums fans opinion up in a nutshell, which is a shame as I think if he was to get the job he deserves to be judged according to his own merits, not beaten with the same stick as penney, but fans have seemingly made up their mind.

I fully recognise Gray would not be a popular appointment to many, but there is no point in bringing an external appointment in unless their better than what you have. And I really don't see what Crossley offers what Gray doesnt, apart from manager/gk coach in one.

I actually don't mind Gray and think he may well have what it takes to be a manager. However, anyone with zero managerial experience is too much of a gamble for my liking, at this point. I don't think the importance of this appointment can be overstated because it's going to be a bloody tough job. And that's why I'd like the club to go after a Gannon or Hill, someone who's shown what they can do in difficult circumstances.

What your proposing is a False Dichotomy; just because Richardson is not perceived by some to be good enough does not require the solution to be the best possible option. There is a comfortable middle ground.

I'm going to have to crack the whip with these two-a-penny philosophers hanging around here at the moment :wink:

I still want Brian Tinnion to get a chance. Rung up Victor and got quoted 250/1, had a fiver on it, don't hold out much hope but thought i'd be more disappointed if i didn't and he got it.

That's so untrue it's untrue.

Bunn

Crossley

Butt

Not in any specific order, but be happy with either one.

Left gannon out because he is likely to rejoin county.

For me, if Gray wants to be a manager, in your best interests, dont start with this club, especially after last season as the fans will see you as DP 2. Fans wouldnt give you enough time etc,

Butt Crossley & Bunn would get given time i feel, especially Bunn.