Yes. You're clearly quite smart.

:wink:

Does it? Then release your head from the sand.

Thank you.

I respect your opinion but I can't always share it.

Thank you and fair enough.

You have made some very good points and I would be very foolish to disagree with most of what you have said, as, despite my seemingly 'tinted, optimistic' view - I am fully aware of the clubs current precarious financial and 'on the field' position.

Regardless of whom the board bring in as manger it is almost clear that the budget will be very tight and therefore our chances to stay up/succeed this season already made that bit tougher.

However as my initial response suggested, I cannot believe or understand that anyone willing to splash out the correct readies for a season ticket, will be prepared to send it back because Gray gets the job. Surely to buy the ticket in the first place, you are backing your club, regardless of which 'untried' manager, we employ.

I am not buying a season ticket next season, though for very different reasons and I take my hat off to all of those who do again this season and the following ???? seasons, of which I will certainly be back to having one again.

It is almost inevitable this season that we are going to employ an 'untried' manager and regardless of who that is, they will all be restricted by the same conditions. Whether it be Gray, Bunn, Crossley, Butt, they are likely to be 'up against it' - so to write them off before they've even been given a chance is difficult to understand.

I might not be best placed to comment, having given up going myself (all be it for other reasons) but I find this situation that so many seem to be willing to withhold their support purely on the basis of whether they approve of the management appointment both bizarre and disturbing.

me to, just hang on and re new when the decision is made....some right 'kin drama queens on this board

Thank you and fair enough.

You have made some very good points and I would be very foolish to disagree with most of what you have said, as, despite my seemingly 'tinted, optimistic' view - I am fully aware of the clubs current precarious financial and 'on the field' position.

Regardless of whom the board bring in as manger it is almost clear that the budget will be very tight and therefore our chances to stay up/succeed this season already made that bit tougher.

However as my initial response suggested, I cannot believe or understand that anyone willing to splash out the correct readies for a season ticket, will be prepared to send it back because Gray gets the job. Surely to buy the ticket in the first place, you are backing your club, regardless of which 'untried' manager, we employ.

I am not buying a season ticket next season, though for very different reasons and I take my hat off to all of those who do again this season and the following ???? seasons, of which I will certainly be back to having one again.

It is almost inevitable this season that we are going to employ an 'untried' manager and regardless of who that is, they will all be restricted by the same conditions. Whether it be Gray, Bunn, Crossley, Butt, they are likely to be 'up against it' - so to write them off before they've even been given a chance is difficult to understand.

It isn't the others FB, it's just Martin Gray.

As others and myself have already mentioned, he doesn't inspire confidence, and as DP's mouthpiece (Which he had to be, as Penney appeared mute) his direction was puzzling at best. Even if we ignore the poor show against Charlton, he was forever pushing Taylor and Colbeck infield when we needed to stretch teams wider, and encouraging us to play deeper than we needed to (It can't all have been DP's direction?).

If the appointment of Gray was to be made purely because he was the cheapest option - and I can't see any other reason - then I wouldn't want to back the club in such a damaging decision.

Yes. You're clearly quite smart.

Does it? Then release your head from the sand.

A number of people on here have been saying for a while that TTA will be the ones that drag the club to its knees.

Taking the cheap option with managers will be another step closer to that day. I have no wish to see that.

When Penney went, I hoped they'd seen the light and realised that massive cost cutting wouldn't save their investment, and only an improvement in performance was likely to see more money coming in. When Martin Gray says that DP did a good job, and all that TTA asked of him, then you know that neither is he the right man for the job, nor have TTA any greater ambition than to cut their losses on a failed business plan before getting out.

Season ticket sales improved after DP left, with people renewing in anticipation of a new era. TTA have ONE chance to retain the support and income of those fans, and appointing MG with no budget is not the way to do it.

From day one, TTA's agenda has been to make money out of OAFC's remaining asset - its land. There were other clubs on offer but none had potential to build on.

They have reduced us to three crumbling stands despite ' Spending £400k pa on maintenance'. They have divided the fans and general public with the Failsworth farce, as well as dictating who we sign (Admittedly only strong rumour, but the increasing Jewish connection would be an amazing coincidence), and sanctioned the demolition of the Clayton Arms whilst allowing building work to begin behind the CRE before obtaining permission for a replacement site for BP elsewhere (ORLFC anyone?).

They have given us the most despised and least successful manager I have seen in 40 years, and after hanging on to a place in this division by the margin of just one result, they are considering installing the less experienced assistant of that manager at the helm with even less of a budget.

Simon Corney has slagged and alienated the fans on a number of occasions, and allowed his staff to do similarly. They have broken media ties with the main local newspaper (A shockingly run rag admittedly, but nevertheless still the most read local paper), they are now on their third proposed site for a stadium which has seen plans reduced from 25000+ seats to just 10-12000.

They have shown a complete lack of acumen in being unaware of Chris Porter's value to us if he skipped over the border, and Lord knows whether we made any money from Neal Eardley's transfer after we'd given Wrexham their cut of the deal.

They are a disaster zone, and one more mistake could spell the end of OAFC - I don't wish to fund that.

I respect your opinion but I can't always share it.

Interesting post...and for most of it, I applaud you for saying what so few are! Refreshingly too...nobody's jumped straight on you for slating TTA for once, with the stern reminder of what they've done for us (which is being undone at such a rate, it's untrue)....is it a sign that many are starting to see that a land deal is plan A and everything else doesn't matter so much now?

Regarding the next manager, being honest, 1 poster on this board has heard me say that I'd probably stop coming if Nicky Butt was appointed. This was said while under the influence but in truth, I couldn't stop coming but the appointment of Nicky Butt (and now Dickov) would, to me, be utterly disastrous and would signal that TTA are so far removed from my thinking or view of OAFC, that completely disillusioned and disgusted in them.

Where Gray's concerned, there's no point getting into that one as I don't believe it was ever the intention to play football the way we did last season but circumstances conspired to us playing survival football (well documented elsewhere so not needed to be done here)...therefore, I wouldn't have a problem with Gray taking over and having a go at it. I would however have a problem with the budget...which I will have whoever comes in! This is the real issue...and where people are fast realising TTA's apathy and movements. Running us down to the bones, to move us and re-build us. Sadly though...I don't think we'll be in a position to be rebuilt with the rate they've "stripped" us in all areas.