Let's say TTA chose a manager (We'll call him Merton Groy purely for hypothetical reasons), and I was extremely underwhelmed with the appointment.

If we presume I purchased my season ticket using a Visa card less than 14 days prior to Merton getting the job, would I have the right to cancel, bearing in mind I had not received any goods and had simply changed my mind?

Surely, if I'd bought theatre tickets for a forthcoming production that showed a lot of promise, and then I suddenly realised that I'd watched that very same show only a few months earlier, and didn't wish to sit through it again, then I'd have a right to cancel (Subject to enough notice being given of course)?

Let's say TTA chose a manager (We'll call him Merton Groy purely for hypothetical reasons), and I was extremely underwhelmed with the appointment.

If we presume I purchased my season ticket using a Visa card less than 14 days prior to Merton getting the job, would I have the right to cancel, bearing in mind I had not received any goods and had simply changed my mind?

Surely, if I'd bought theatre tickets for a forthcoming production that showed a lot of promise, and then I suddenly realised that I'd watched that very same show only a few months earlier, and didn't wish to sit through it again, then I'd have a right to cancel (Subject to enough notice being given of course)?

As far as I understand it; you can cancel your season ticket at any time as long as a suitable reason is given – if you are unhappy with the managerial appointment; I think they would view your case and reimburse you??

Very interesting. Hope the club don't count their chickens and all that....

Are you completely ruling out any chance that should Groy get the job he could turn out to be OK? It seems a little premature to throw the towel in before he's even appointed, never mind before giving him a couple of months to show what he can do

I might not be best placed to comment, having given up going myself (all be it for other reasons) but I find this situation that so many seem to be willing to withhold their support purely on the basis of whether they approve of the management appointment both bizarre and disturbing.

Are you completely ruling out any chance that should Groy get the job he could turn out to be OK?

Yes.

..... never mind before giving him a couple of months to show what he can do

Thank you, but no.

I don't want a cheap option. I don't want a nodding dog. I don't want the less experienced half of a poor duo taking the reins. I don't want a man who took all season to find the balls to say we weren't performing well enough. I don't want to be told to have faith in people I don't have confidence in, after sitting 12 yards away from them all season, and watching how they perform. I don't want to waste another £300.

Yes.

Thank you, but no.

I don't want a cheap option. I don't want a nodding dog. I don't want the less experienced half of a poor duo taking the reins. I don't want a man who took all season to find the balls to say we weren't performing well enough. I don't want to be told to have faith in people I don't have confidence in, after sitting 12 yards away from them all season, and watching how they perform. I don't want to waste another £300.

I too sit not too far away from the home dugout (closer to the away dugout but still very much within earshot of the home bench) and I’d have reservations about Gray; purely based on his in-game ‘coaching’ this season being based on shouting ‘head it’ when the ball is in the air & ‘kick it’ when it’s on the pitch. He also does a mean 2-handed pointing thing; that almost borders on an air-stewardess doing the emergency procedure, that do date I have absolutely no idea what it means – neither do the players as Abbott once shouted back ‘what the chuff* does that mean’.

I just can’t get away from MG being Penney’s #2 – a #2 in a season that quite frankly stunk.

I have my ST paid for and will be going to games whatever; but I’d be very disappointed with MG appointment.

*Chuff wasn't the exact word used by the way!!

Edited by slystallone

And so the vicious circle of inevitable doom turns.

Fickle fans, lower gates, lower budgets and cheap options.

Shall we just be merciful and pull the plug?

Fickle? OK If you say so. I've seen us in worse positions over the last 40 years (But with greater ambitions and more fight), and followed home and away despite being sure of the hiding we were about to get, but you use the word fickle if you like.

Lower gates? Of course. People will only waste money for so long - and regardless of your reasons, you don't attend yourself, so what makes you any different to those who prefer to take an interest via sky sports news?

Lower budgets? Yep. TTA's investment isn't what they imagined, so they won't risk throwing any more money at it. Maybe we'll never really know whether they've interfered with the playing side too much or not, but they've learned from one or two business mistakes over the last few years, and consequently the budgets have indeed had to be reduced.

Cheap options? So it seems. Rarely is the cheap option the best move, but TTA will probably continue along that path.

As for pulling the plug, well I'd hate to see that, but unless these guys take a little more risk somewhere, then the club is going to go down whimpering. JW Lees almost suffocated us in blankets of caution, TTA are about to do the same.

Fickle wasn't a direct aim at you. More of a generalisation, that probably includes me if I'm honest, so I certainly ain't preaching. :)

Fair play. I understood the point you were making though - 'fraid it's out of our hands now.

Finally...a post for :censored:outs to "out" themselves...that way, next season, we'll know who's actually been to the games and knows what's going on rather than the prats we've had this season wading in with their opinion, which frankly, means :censored:!

Edited by boundaryblue80

There is no automatic 14 day right of refund for using a Visa card.

I don't think this has basis in law.

If you buy goods or services and change your mind, the seller is not obliged to refund.

Finally...a post for :censored:outs to "out" themselves...that way, next season, we'll know who's actually been to the games and knows what's going on rather than the prats we've had this season wading in with their opinion, which frankly, means :censored:!

That reminds me, has anyone thought any more about my "Happy Clapper" section (at BP/Failsworth/wherever) idea? :grin:

Refunds will be available at the club's discretion.

Disgruntled season ticket purchaser: "Can I have a refund, I have to move down south to care for my sick father full time? And won't have time to attend."

Club: "Sure, no problem. All the best."

Disgruntled season ticket purchaser: "Can I have a refund, I don't like who you've chosen as the new manager?!"

Club: "Uh.....no?....That's your own fault you moron. If your attendance to Boundary Park next season was reliant on who we appointed as manager, then you should have waited until we appointed a new manager before you decided to purchase your season ticket. I mean, it's just common sense really isn't it?.........Refund? GTFO!"

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Who's this Merton Groy character anyway? He's not mentioned in any of the betting.

I'd prefer Brankie Funn, Randy Itchie or Dee Luxbury, but I won't be buying a ST 'cos I live in London.

Another wasted post.

Randy Itchie for manager :grin: so not a wasted post

So am i right in thinking that even before a training session has taken place, a signing been made, some people would be prepared to 'send their st' back??

Yes. You're clearly quite smart.

Beggers belief!

Does it? Then release your head from the sand.

A number of people on here have been saying for a while that TTA will be the ones that drag the club to its knees.

Taking the cheap option with managers will be another step closer to that day. I have no wish to see that.

When Penney went, I hoped they'd seen the light and realised that massive cost cutting wouldn't save their investment, and only an improvement in performance was likely to see more money coming in. When Martin Gray says that DP did a good job, and all that TTA asked of him, then you know that neither is he the right man for the job, nor have TTA any greater ambition than to cut their losses on a failed business plan before getting out.

Season ticket sales improved after DP left, with people renewing in anticipation of a new era. TTA have ONE chance to retain the support and income of those fans, and appointing MG with no budget is not the way to do it.

From day one, TTA's agenda has been to make money out of OAFC's remaining asset - its land. There were other clubs on offer but none had potential to build on.

They have reduced us to three crumbling stands despite ' Spending £400k pa on maintenance'. They have divided the fans and general public with the Failsworth farce, as well as dictating who we sign (Admittedly only strong rumour, but the increasing Jewish connection would be an amazing coincidence), and sanctioned the demolition of the Clayton Arms whilst allowing building work to begin behind the CRE before obtaining permission for a replacement site for BP elsewhere (ORLFC anyone?).

They have given us the most despised and least successful manager I have seen in 40 years, and after hanging on to a place in this division by the margin of just one result, they are considering installing the less experienced assistant of that manager at the helm with even less of a budget.

Simon Corney has slagged and alienated the fans on a number of occasions, and allowed his staff to do similarly. They have broken media ties with the main local newspaper (A shockingly run rag admittedly, but nevertheless still the most read local paper), they are now on their third proposed site for a stadium which has seen plans reduced from 25000+ seats to just 10-12000.

They have shown a complete lack of acumen in being unaware of Chris Porter's value to us if he skipped over the border, and Lord knows whether we made any money from Neal Eardley's transfer after we'd given Wrexham their cut of the deal.

They are a disaster zone, and one more mistake could spell the end of OAFC - I don't wish to fund that.

I respect your opinion but I can't always share it.