Chris Killen off to China...

I swear I'm not making this up - though maybe someone else is... It's another report from a newswire forwarded to me by my journalist mate.

FORMER Celtic striker Chris Killen has joined the Chinese Super League side Shenzhen Ruby FC on a two-year contract.

New Zealand international Killen left Parkhead in January to join Middlesbrough on a short-term deal.

Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan decided not to offer him a long-term contract even though Killen scored six goals in 17 appearances for the club.

Killen, who started all three of New Zealand’s games at the World Cup Finals, has joined-up with his international team-mate, Ivan Vicelich at Ruby.

ENDS

I swear I'm not making this up - though maybe someone else is... It's another report from a newswire forwarded to me by my journalist mate.

FORMER Celtic striker Chris Killen has joined the Chinese Super League side Shenzhen Ruby FC on a two-year contract.

New Zealand international Killen left Parkhead in January to join Middlesbrough on a short-term deal.

Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan decided not to offer him a long-term contract even though Killen scored six goals in 17 appearances for the club.

Killen, who started all three of New Zealand’s games at the World Cup Finals, has joined-up with his international team-mate, Ivan Vicelich at Ruby.

ENDS

yeah, it was in the daily mail yesterday

ENDS

Could be pretty good for him, Shenzen is next door to Hong Kong and its nearer NZ.

Could be pretty good for him, Shenzen is next door to Hong Kong and its nearer NZ.

I understand the Beijing Genomics Institute Department at Shenzen is very excited by this news, and has set up its own area in preparation.

The are researching how a players has come to obtain so many playing contracts with such a injury prone body, that has defied all medical science to find out the problem.

I don't think its a coincidence that whilst he was playing for us, his sister was working at Crumpsall Hospital and she went back to NZ some time ago and he was big mates with Will Haining (there was some living arrangement between the three but I can't remember which way round it was) who left Scotland a while ago.

Hibs fans liked him, OK he was injury prone but he kept us up one year, and he had a decent world cup where he often started on the right of a front three and I bet this Chinese team are paying him quite a heafty sum