Lancs v Essex

The dropped catch and then the over that followed definately cost us the match, we really should have been able to defend 183.

A shocking effort generally in the field, just not good enough we continually keep coming up short when it matters.

Always say supporting Lancs is worse than Latics, the latter rarely getting to a position where they can let you down. Same every year with Lancs. We'll finish 2nd in the Championship too.

Get Foster in the England 1 day team.

Forget Kieswetter

Foster is far and away the best gloveman the country has. Kieswetter is the better batsman and his performances at opening bat in the WI were critical in England winning the tournament. He offers that little bit extra. Which is frustrating as I am a big Foster fan.

Always say supporting Lancs is worse than Latics, the latter rarely getting to a position where they can let you down. Same every year with Lancs. We'll finish 2nd in the Championship too.

I think Lancs or more accurately Moores shot himself in the foot not playing Chanderpaul last night in place of Chilton, who offers next to nothing in T20 cricket.

I think Lancs or more accurately Moores shot himself in the foot not playing Chanderpaul last night in place of Chilton, who offers next to nothing in T20 cricket.

Disagreed. The batting didn't let down last night IMO, it was a poor fielding performance (and poor captaincy re: a couple of bowling changes). If anything Chilton is one of our stronger fielders, and he was a good captain (although his performances with the bat at the time were woeful).

It was one of those nights when nothing in the field went right. I can't even remember Croft dropping a catch before, typical it happens last night. Pettini lobbed one up too and the nearest guy to it...a man who was in such pain that staying out there was bordering on self-harm. A combination then of bad luck and generally poor fielding, but any team wanting to win a T20 tournament should be able to defend that target, can't level blame on the batsmen who performed well.

There's also something to be said for sticking with the team that's got you to where you are.

Disagreed. The batting didn't let down last night IMO, it was a poor fielding performance (and poor captaincy re: a couple of bowling changes). If anything Chilton is one of our stronger fielders, and he was a good captain (although his performances with the bat at the time were woeful).

It was one of those nights when nothing in the field went right. I can't even remember Croft dropping a catch before, typical it happens last night. Pettini lobbed one up too and the nearest guy to it...a man who was in such pain that staying out there was bordering on self-harm. A combination then of bad luck and generally poor fielding, but any team wanting to win a T20 tournament should be able to defend that target, can't level blame on the batsmen who performed well.

There's also something to be said for sticking with the team that's got you to where you are.

Chanderpaul is a world class batsman in tests and limited overs cricket and he also bowls, I fail to see how the Lancs team and batting line up would not have been enhanced by his inclusion especially at the expense of Chilton who has never been a limited overs batsman and doesn't bowl.

We made 183 which was not enough, with Chanderpaul coming in at 4 or 5 it could quite easily have been more.

Chilton was only playing anyway as McCullum has gone.

Anyway it doesn't matter as we have lost and are out, but I don't think we gave ourselves the best opportunity to progress as we didn't pick our strongest or best team IMO.

Anyway it doesn't matter as we have lost and are out

Well that's the crux isn't it. We can disagree on the causes etc, but IMO it was simply yet another Lancashire team who've choked on the big occasion rather than team selection beforehand. It was there to be won with the side that was out there and it wasn't. Another year and another disappointment!