Charlton Site

Has anybody else read the article on Charltons site regarding saturdays game?

Its a decent read, in which Parkinson explains how Latics have started strongly and play in the same way Dickov did and also states that its no fluke we are at the top of the table.

It goes on however to talk about the fact that Feeney's agent called them pre-season, but was asking for too much for them to bother negotiating a deal?? If that is the case, how have we afforded him?

Has he dropped his demands? Do we value him more than charlton would (with the size of squad they already have) or is it a case of us offering more football etc etc? Or did they think they had better options for the money?

Whichever one it is I am still happy with the signing of Warren Feeney and think he could make a valuable contribution this season. Just slightly bewildered by this statement of Parkinson's.

Sorry no link at minute, hopefully somebody can sort one out?

Its a decent read, in which Parkinson explains how Latics have started strongly and play in the same way Dickov did and also states that its no fluke we are at the top of the table.

It goes on however to talk about the fact that Feeney's agent called them pre-season, but was asking for too much for them to bother negotiating a deal?? If that is the case, how have we afforded him?

Has he dropped his demands? Do we value him more than charlton would (with the size of squad they already have) or is it a case of us offering more football etc etc? Or did they think they had better options for the money?

Whichever one it is I am still happy with the signing of Warren Feeney and think he could make a valuable contribution this season. Just slightly bewildered by this statement of Parkinson's.

I would imagine it's a case of Feeney being one of our top earners, and when fit will no doubt be prety much an automatic fixture on the team sheet. Charlton may not have wanted to meet such wage demands for someone who they might consider to be more of a squad player.

Parkinson Article

Makes sense, and is what I was getting at with valueing him more than they do with regards to squad status.

Let's hope he can shake of this groin problem and force his way into the team, before showing us exactly what he came here to do!

Makes sense, and is what I was getting at with valueing him more than they do with regards to squad status.

Let's hope he can shake of this groin problem and force his way into the team, before showing us exactly what he came here to do!

Feeney's a workhorse and whilst he adds a bit of work and quality to the side, I still think we are an out and out goalscorer away from mounting a genuine challenge. All will be revealed I suppose and anything tomorrow in my view will be a bonus with two winnable home games up next - we could be in a cracking position come our trip to London Road in mid-September...

Houses are cheaper in Oldham so Feeney wanted less.

Also there is a big Tesco near Oldham's ground so Feeney could use the value range. Meaning he would save a lot more money than shopping at Waitrose and going to Marks and Sparks 'for his bits', which he would have to do if he moved to Petts Wood.

Also there is a big Tesco near Oldham's ground so Feeney could use the value range. Meaning he would save a lot more money than shopping at Waitrose and going to Marks and Sparks 'for his bits', which he would have to do if he moved to Petts Wood.

We don't have to pay London weighting.

I believe a substantial reduction in pay was agreed due to Tesco's double Clubcard points promotion too.

Some Cardiff fans seem to think Feeney would have made the difference to their promotion campaign last season, which is a little surprising given that he never scored for them. In the WSC season preview, the Cardiff fan's response to ' What was the worst moment of last season?' is "Wembley, but who was surprised? We all knew Jay Bothroyd was injured, but the obvious replacement, Warren Feeney, wasn't even on the bench because he had fallen out with Dave Jones."

I'd guess that he/his agent must have dropped their wage demands as it got nearer the start of the season and he was still without a club, because i can't see us having out-bid Charlton.