Little lads first game

After finally starting to emerge from the finacial nightmare that is having 3 young kids (over a grand a month on child care at one point!!), my little boy has finally asked to go to the footy and so we are going on Sat.

has anyone any advice on taking a little one to the game? he's 4

Stuff like

How to get them to watch the game

Best place to sit for the predicted numerous visits to the toilets

etc etc

Whilst feeling quietly delighted that he has asked to go to Oldham - the BBC highlights of the Trammere game finally clinched it, I am worried that halfway through he'll just get bored and want to go home.

Any advice?

if this thread is meant to be somewhere else then sorry.

Cheers

Rich

Took one of my young 'uns for the first time end of last season. She loved it.

I think at 4 years old you can probably expect a lot of fidgeting and getting up and down (she was 4 and a half at the time) so a seat on the end of row would probably suit. I also made sure I sat away from the eejits (in the RRE) but near enough to the rest of crowd to get a bit of the atmosphere (such as it is!!). A good place to get to the front and see Chaddy was also a must! (she's got the photo I took on her wall now!).

Not forgetting of course loads of sweets/drinks/crisps etc!!!

I got to about 70 mins before she asked to go home. Hopefully you can do better!!

Good luck!!

Took one of my young 'uns for the first time end of last season. She loved it.

I think at 4 years old you can probably expect a lot of fidgeting and getting up and down (she was 4 and a half at the time) so a seat on the end of row would probably suit. I also made sure I sat away from the eejits (in the RRE) but near enough to the rest of crowd to get a bit of the atmosphere (such as it is!!). A good place to get to the front and see Chaddy was also a must! (she's got the photo I took on her wall now!).

Not forgetting of course loads of sweets/drinks/crisps etc!!!

I got to about 70 mins before she asked to go home. Hopefully you can do better!!

Good luck!!

looks like your daughter was not impressed then :lol: :lol:

Edited by biggie21

After finally starting to emerge from the finacial nightmare that is having 3 young kids (over a grand a month on child care at one point!!), my little boy has finally asked to go to the footy and so we are going on Sat.

Stuff like

etc etc

Whilst feeling quietly delighted that he has asked to go to Oldham - the BBC highlights of the Trammere game finally clinched it, I am worried that halfway through he'll just get bored and want to go home.

Any advice?

Rich,

i took my 3 year old to the Charlton game, he got to 20 minutes before asking if he could go home!!!! A large bag of fruit pastilles sorted that out though! Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rich

Stuff like

etc etc

Any advice?

Cheers

Rich

other than the other things mentioned not a lot,just make sure you have drinks n sweets,if not been to toilet by halftime take them...nothing worse than going midhalf n missing a goal,lol

my lad started off the same,fidgety and the like,now he stands up shouts claps joins in the lot,goes for his and mine pies n that,daughters been a few times last season,but she is a bit harder to win over....but i still live in hope

other than the other things mentioned not a lot,just make sure you have drinks n sweets,if not been to toilet by halftime take them...nothing worse than going midhalf n missing a goal,lol

my lad started off the same,fidgety and the like,now he stands up shouts claps joins in the lot,goes for his and mine pies n that,daughters been a few times last season,but she is a bit harder to win over....but i still live in hope

you lazy git :lol: :lol: :lol: