Where are they now? Nick Henry

Always rememeber him for a screamer away at Grimsby think it was Boxing day.

My main memory of him was Chelsea away, think it was first game of 92/93 season? (we were in our Ajax kit) We were 1-0 down late on and then their keeper (Beasant IIRC) completely fooked up a clearance leaving Henry to calmly slot home from about 35 yards. Game and performance was shyte and it was classic smash and grab.

Always rememeber him for a screamer away at Grimsby think it was Boxing day.

One of my favourite goals that. He scored some belters did Nick Henry

The one with the outside of his foot at Highfield Road

A cracking half-volley v Coventry in Sept' 91

A cracker at home to Notts County in a 1-1 draw in March '95

A screamer at Sheff Utd the year we went down (his last goal for the club)

And of course his tap-in from the halfway-line v Chelsea on the opening day of 92/93 to nick a point at Stamford Bridge

Edited by oafcprozac

My main memory of him was Chelsea away, think it was first game of 92/93 season? (we were in our Ajax kit) We were 1-0 down late on and then their keeper (Beasant IIRC) completely fooked up a clearance leaving Henry to calmly slot home from about 35 yards. Game and performance was shyte and it was classic smash and grab.

Yeah Hallworth was superb that day, shame he was never the same after his 'wrist injury', one of all-time favourite players. We were goping down in 88/89 before he arrived on loan from Ipswich, along with the loan signing of Neil Adams and Andy Holden, we tightened up at the back (a bit!!!!!!) and luckily the strikers returned to fitness and Stitch and Wright banged a few in to keep us up. Still remember Jonny Hallworth's performance at Hillsborough as one of the best ever from a Latics No. 1, on a par with Rhodes v Arsenal and Kelly at Maine Road and despite a lot of criticism I remember many a game where Pogs got us a result on his own!

Yeah Hallworth was superb that day, shame he was never the same after his 'wrist injury', one of all-time favourite players. We were goping down in 88/89 before he arrived on loan from Ipswich, along with the loan signing of Neil Adams and Andy Holden, we tightened up at the back (a bit!!!!!!) and luckily the strikers returned to fitness and Stitch and Wright banged a few in to keep us up. Still remember Jonny Hallworth's performance at Hillsborough as one of the best ever from a Latics No. 1, on a par with Rhodes v Arsenal and Kelly at Maine Road and despite a lot of criticism I remember many a game where Pogs got us a result on his own!

+ 1 as they say...