Jean Francois Christophe

anyone spotted we have 3 keepers in the squad. Is that normal?

Gerrard would more than likely be going anyway in his capacity as Player/coach - I know Josh has been involved before but still good experience for him and 2 of the 20 won't make the match-day 18 anyway.

It is unusual though I agree.

Jean-Francois Christophe is a good signing playing for free lets hope he does well he been good shape in trainning.

He's not playing for free, non-contract forms means you get your expenses paid and whatever the club sees fit. You just don't have the security of a contract, the club still have to register you with the FL.

He's not playing for free, non-contract forms means you get your expenses paid and whatever the club sees fit. You just don't have the security of a contract, the club still have to register you with the FL.

so he has it all to do to win a permanent contract... any news on dikaba?

its gone all quiet on him, looks a good player, i hope JFC gets a run out as well.

good news

i like this idea of trials then non contract terms to see if they can do it before taking the plunge...

hope we do the same with the big defender chileane..looks good n quick.

good news

i like this idea of trials then non contract terms to see if they can do it before taking the plunge...

hope we do the same with the big defender chileane..looks good n quick.

What worries me is the size of the squad, we need more urgency in trying to move on Worthington, Holdsworth, Jacobson, Purdie, Smalley (partly there), Lomax and Fleming. Until they move on the only option we have is to offer extended trials and short-term deals. The 7 players available are average at best and we're gonna struggle to move them on. Thankfully when the :censored: hits the fan come the summer we'll only have 9 or ten contracted pros, giving plenty room for manoevre. Unforutnately given our undoubted budget constraints we'll probably end up with more Lomaxes and Worthys!

Edited by oafcprozac

What worries me is the size of the squad, we need more urgency in trying to move on Worthington, Holdsworth, Jacobson, Purdie, Smalley (partly there), Lomax and Fleming. Until they move on the only option we have is to offer extended trials and short-term deals. The 7 players available are average at best and we're gonna struggle to move them on. Thankfully when the :censored: hits the fan come the summer we'll only have 9 or ten contracted pros, giving plenty room for manoevre. Unforutnately given our undoubted budget constraints we'll probably end up with more Lomaxes and Worthys!

i dont know about that,i been quite impressed with the players dickov has brought in,on an already small budget...

what we need is penney to get a job again then he can come n pick some of his :censored: up...

dependant on how much there on,and how long left on deals,id offer them a token gesture to leave...see if they take it....if not then i wouldnt even train em with the ressies,let them know in no uncertain terms there not wanted.

still think we need a half decent striker....i know brookes back but its a big big ask for a kid his age

i dont know about that,i been quite impressed with the players dickov has brought in,on an already small budget...

what we need is penney to get a job again then he can come n pick some of his :censored: up...

dependant on how much there on,and how long left on deals,id offer them a token gesture to leave...see if they take it....if not then i wouldnt even train em with the ressies,let them know in no uncertain terms there not wanted.

still think we need a half decent striker....i know brookes back but its a big big ask for a kid his age

dont get ur hopes up over this.

I'm not saying I haven't been impressed with what Dickov has brought in quite the opposite, but we've no chance of keeping any of them on a longer deal until we move Penney's mistakes and Shez's on.