Jean Francois Christophe

I'm not saying I haven't been impressed with what Dickov has brought in quite the opposite, but we've no chance of keeping any of them on a longer deal until we move Penney's mistakes and Shez's on.

yeah same train of thought...i have been very impressed ao far,we have improved our fitness levels and our style and commitment of play..it still needs one or 2 from last season to pull there fingers out and join the rest,but on the whole im happy....if were still in top 6 come end of jan ill be even happier...

I'm not saying I haven't been impressed with what Dickov has brought in quite the opposite, but we've no chance of keeping any of them on a longer deal until we move Penney's mistakes and Shez's on.

I think that the extended trials & short terms deals (3month / 6 month) are very sensible decisions by PD & the club. But surely the cold hard facts are that to turn the short term into longer term deals; we need to get a number of players off the wage bill. I’d say we’re actually operating at breaking point weekly wage wise now; so we’re in desperate need for the listed lot to move on.

The issue is that (a.) we know that that most of them are very; very average players & it appears so do all the other league clubs & (b.) are the players actually willing to leave the club and move on?

As for JPC signing on short term; I don’t know too much about him – saw him when he limped off injured for Southend in the game last season and saw him play 90mins vs Colchester on sky. Reserve judgement until i’ve seen a fair few performances from him; but – as is the way; in Dickov we trust.

Christophe didn't play against United reserves, unless the official site got it wrong.

Team: Ollerenshaw, Lomax, Cherel, Matty D Carr, Jacobson, Hughes, Holdsworth, Worthington, Purdie, Crompton, Millar.

Subs: Laird, Routledge, Highdale, Matty A Carr, Tarkowski.

Christophe didn't play against United reserves, unless the official site got it wrong.

Team: Ollerenshaw, Lomax, Cherel, Matty D Carr, Jacobson, Hughes, Holdsworth, Worthington, Purdie, Crompton, Millar.

Subs: Laird, Routledge, Highdale, Matty A Carr, Tarkowski.

I was there, Christophe definitely didn't play, I now expect to see the very impressive Cherel signed if another player can be moved on.

Thankfully when the :censored: hits the fan come the summer we'll only have 9 or ten contracted pros, giving plenty room for manoevre. Unforutnately given our undoubted budget constraints we'll probably end up with more Lomaxes and Worthys!

Eight, believe it or not. In midfield, Jones, Taylor, Furman, Stephens and Millar; up front, Feeney, Brooke and Bembo-Leta. A lot of players are playing for contracts this season.

Eight, believe it or not. In midfield, Jones, Taylor, Furman, Stephens and Millar; up front, Feeney, Brooke and Bembo-Leta. A lot of players are playing for contracts this season.

Thought Brooke only got a year?

Edit: Just seen it was a two year contract he got.

Edited by RobOAFC

i dont know about that,i been quite impressed with the players dickov has brought in,on an already small budget...

what we need is penney to get a job again then he can come n pick some of his :censored: up...

dependant on how much there on,and how long left on deals,id offer them a token gesture to leave...see if they take it....if not then i wouldnt even train em with the ressies,let them know in no uncertain terms there not wanted.

still think we need a half decent striker....i know brookes back but its a big big ask for a kid his age

York sacked Martin Foyle yesterday so Penney may well put himself forward for that job with him being a Yorkie. Hopefully he gets that job and takes a few of our lads on loan.

A Southend fan here rudely invading your forums.

Very surprised Christophe signed for you guys. I'm very surprised he managed to find a football league club at all. He wasn't very highly rated at Roots Hall, and perhaps encapsulated our horrible season last year. Completely unable to pass, head, or tackle. What he does do, however, is score important and fantastic goals. Last-ditch goals, overhead kicks and the like, however a few spectacular goals do not make a player. If he could apply himself like that for a whole 90 minutes he could be a decent player.

In fairness, he played fairly well on loan for us from Pompey. It was only when we signed him permanently that his lack of technical ability became apparent. He works hard though, bless him.

Best of luck! I do genuinely hope he does well with you.