Brighton 2 - 1 Latics

It's always horrible conceding last minute but Lets move on, Gus poyet said 'we gave them a very hard game', going to brighton was never going to be easy.. We've played a few good sides so far and we are playing better football than we did last year. There's going to be ups and downs throughout the season. Set pieces need to be dealt with and our defensive play looks like it needs strengthening. Lets look forward to saturday now.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always horrible conceding last minute but Lets move on, Gus poyet said 'we gave them a very hard game', going to brighton was never going to be easy.. We've played a few good sides so far and we are playing better football than we did last year. There's going to be ups and downs throughout the season. Set pieces need to be dealt with and our defensive play looks like it needs strengthening. Lets look forward to saturday now.

It's encouraging we've gone to Charlton, Peterborough and Brighton and scored good goals in all three games - sadly we've only yielded a point but hopefully we'll put that right on Tuesday night on a nice big pitch.

The defence is a concern, hopefully Gerry (and despite his injury Greegs should have an input as club captain) will work them hard and training and cut out the lapses in concentration. Encouragingly we're still unbeaten at home and i'm happy with 12 points from 8 which is top ten form so far.

It's encouraging we've gone to Charlton, Peterborough and Brighton and scored good goals in all three games - sadly we've only yielded a point but hopefully we'll put that right on Tuesday night on a nice big pitch.

The defence is a concern, hopefully Gerry (and despite his injury Greegs should have an input as club captain) will work them hard and training and cut out the lapses in concentration. Encouragingly we're still unbeaten at home and i'm happy with 12 points from 8 which is top ten form so far.

Well said. 3 points against Sheffield wednesday and then 3 against Leyton Orient would do nicely.

Went to the game Saturday, we battled well against a very good side. Couldnt contain Lualua and that is more down to his quality than us playing badly. Had to stand so far off him because he was beating our players with ease!

Of course it is extremely disappointing to lose in the manner we did, to two set pieces, we are obviously vulnerable in this area, but there were plenty of positives to take from the game.

Brill made some cracking saves, Mvoto had another good game, Furman was getting stuck in, Allesandra looked good back on the left wing, Tounkara still caused problems despite very little service, Kelly came on and caused problems. We also played some good stuff and Brighton fans seemed to think we were the best team they have come up against this season.

I dont like the way a lot of our fans always find fault, I think Dickov is doing a good job with a very limited squad not much different to the one which nearly got relegated last season.

Went to the game Saturday, we battled well against a very good side. Couldnt contain Lualua and that is more down to his quality than us playing badly. Had to stand so far off him because he was beating our players with ease!

Of course it is extremely disappointing to lose in the manner we did, to two set pieces, we are obviously vulnerable in this area, but there were plenty of positives to take from the game.

Brill made some cracking saves, Mvoto had another good game, Furman was getting stuck in, Allesandra looked good back on the left wing, Tounkara still caused problems despite very little service, Kelly came on and caused problems. We also played some good stuff and Brighton fans seemed to think we were the best team they have come up against this season.

I dont like the way a lot of our fans always find fault, I think Dickov is doing a good job with a very limited squad not much different to the one which nearly got relegated last season.

I was there too.

Pretty much summed it up. Couldn't see too much that was going on at the opposite end of the pitch. Taylor played well playing as support striker.

Lualua was great for them just raw pace. If he could shoot he'd be a superstar.

We were holding on for most of the game and Mvoto was lucky to stay on after battering their player ice hockey style.

Brighton fans that I spoke to seemed to think we were dirty but I thought they were just being soft.