Latics CITY legend promotion V Plymouth

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. But I am calling out those 'idiots' for what they are. If this plan to bring in extra revenue fails because their dislike for one club outweighs their love for their own, then the plan failed because of their own attitude.

I never cease to be amazed by people using this kind of superficial tribalisism to justify decisions in the real world. To actively dislike a whole group of people who you don't know personally or individually merely because they support another club is crazy.

1) Most of the clubs you mention are not desperate for cash

2) Like it or not, we are not in serious competition with Manchester City and haven't been for some time, or likely to be for the foreseable future. This rivalry is completely one sided, and with the delusional few.

This is called a slippery slope fallacy. I can't see this kind of faulty logic working on the majority of people here. At least I hope not.

Do you get the idea of football rivalry? Of having teams you want to lose every week? Are you suggesting that it's wrong to want another team to lose games, for their fans to be unhappy? As for those clubs I mentioned that arent desperate for cash then there are plenty of examples I could pick of clubs who are skint who havent done this. I think you've missed half the point of being a football fan. If you think that all the Latics fans who hate (I put hate purely so you could go on about the real meaning of hate and how infantile....etc etc) City are idiots and those that hate United are idiots then you sir should take up a different sport - rugger? hockey? ra ra ra.

Maybe. But I am calling out those 'idiots' for what they are. If this plan to bring in extra revenue fails because their dislike for one club outweighs their love for their own, then the plan failed because of their own attitude.

I never cease to be amazed by people using this kind of superficial tribalisism to justify decisions in the real world. To actively dislike a whole group of people who you don't know personally or individually merely because they support another club is crazy.

1) Most of the clubs you mention are not desperate for cash

2) Like it or not, we are not in serious competition with Manchester City and haven't been for some time, or likely to be for the foreseable future. This rivalry is completely one sided, and with the delusional few.

This is called a slippery slope fallacy. I can't see this kind of faulty logic working on the majority of people here. At least I hope not.

That's a massive part of why football is what it is

Do you get the idea of football rivalry? Of having teams you want to lose every week?

Not really. There may be teams I'm quite happy to be losing, but I don't really care. It's not that important, especially when they aren't in serious competition with us. All that matters is that my team wins.

Are you suggesting that it's wrong to want another team to lose games, for their fans to be unhappy?

I'm saying that it would be quite a childish mentality if it seriously matters to you what a local team from two divisions above is doing (unless you like that team). If Utd or City winning gives you a downer then I think your priorities in life are a little askew.

As for those clubs I mentioned that arent desperate for cash then there are plenty of examples I could pick of clubs who are skint who havent done this.

Don't bother. It's irrelevant. Maybe they haven't tried sticker albums either. More fool them.

I think you've missed half the point of being a football fan. If you think that all the Latics fans who hate (I put hate purely so you could go on about the real meaning of hate and how infantile....etc etc) City are idiots and those that hate United are idiots then you sir should take up a different sport - rugger? hockey? ra ra ra.

I think you sir need to grow up if you can use the word "hate" in relation to another football team (or supporters) and really mean it. And you obviously do mean it if you are prepared to boycott your own club because of this. If this is what it means to be a football fan for you then I suggest you take up something which will give you more of an outlet for your love of tribal hatred. Perhaps a fundamentalist religion.

To me being a football fan is about being pro your own club through thick and thin, and not, as you seem to think, being against any other clubs at all costs.

how fantastically predictable, I knew the hate comment would have you frothing. Anyway, I see your idea of football isnt the same as mine. What you must get your head around though is that not everybody thinks the same as you. There are people - lots and lots and lots of them - who dont like other clubs for a variety of geographical,historical,personal reasons and it is you who are very much in the minority in that. That might make you feel all superior and stuff over the riffraff but that's by the by. And also it is the acme of foolishness to believe that ANY attempt by the club to get more people in through the gates is necessarily an intelligent step. Because, you see, there are people like me out there with our terrible misguided views who will negate whatever was attempted in the first place.

If you want to get more people in you say "anyone from any club with a season ticket can come in for a tenner" and you advertise it throughout the region. That way City fans are invited along with everyone else but nobody has a coronary when they read the news. But noooo - Manchester.City.Legends.Day. Those four words mark out exactly how low we are, embarrass lots of good honest folk and achieves nothing.

ps - can you post a you tube link of you shaking your head in sorrow the next time the lads at the ground do their "hate Man U and City too" song. Maybe with a single tear trickling down you cheek, a symbol of mans inhumanity to man.

Anyway, I see your idea of football isnt the same as mine. What you must get your head around though is that not everybody thinks the same as you. There are people - lots and lots and lots of them - who dont like other clubs for a variety of geographical,historical,personal reasons and it is you who are very much in the minority in that.

True. Doesn't necessarily make it right, though.

Because, you see, there are people like me out there with our terrible misguided views who will negate whatever was attempted in the first place.

Really? Why?

If you want to get more people in you say "anyone from any club with a season ticket can come in for a tenner" and you advertise it throughout the region. That way City fans are invited along with everyone else but nobody has a coronary when they read the news. But noooo - Manchester.City.Legends.Day. Those four words mark out exactly how low we are, embarrass lots of good honest folk and achieves nothing.

Really?! You had a coronary, felt low and embarrassed?! Crikey.

True. Doesn't necessarily make it right, though.

Really? Why?

Really?! You had a coronary, felt low and embarrassed?! Crikey.

LET ME ASK A QUESTION, I'm honestly shocked. Do you folk honestly really think it's wrong to not like another club. Really? I know football has changed and all that but I didnt realise it had actually changed that much. And if you honestly do believe it do you think that's normal - in football fan terms? Weeeeeeeird. I know I've jacked it in until the club ownership changes but it's kind of a relief I dont have to sit with you, the Stepford fans of Oldham, unthinking,passionless,emotionless Cyborgs sent from some Manchester City designed future. Weeeeeirrrrrddddd. And those of you who disagree with everything I say about the City Legend Day but cant be bothered chipping into this little spat.......someone come forward and tell these people they're sick and need help.

And yes, I had a massive heart attack and since they brought me back to life and back to this world which I know realise is a complete sham and waste of time I havent stopped crying.

I love the fact you're calling others weird whilst you're rambling on like a mad man :lol:

I have a little chortle when United lose. I'm not too bothered about City. I'll generally have a bit of a sing-song at games if I'm well oiled (so pretty much every time). But actively disliking other people and open hostility aren't really my bag.

I love the fact you're calling others weird whilst you're rambling on like a mad man :lol:

I have a little chortle when United lose. I'm not too bothered about City. I'll generally have a bit of a sing-song at games if I'm well oiled (so pretty much every time). But actively disliking other people and open hostility aren't really my bag.

I never said I was sane. I'm not sure I've said at any point during this that I actively dislike other people. If hoping their team loses is actively dislking them then yep, put me down for some of that. One of my best friends is a City fan and my dad was a United fan, I dont feel hoping both teams lose and laughing my head off when they lose a big one means that I hate my friend or my dad.

Anyway, come to the dark side, you'll find it's more fun. I'm still laughing at how Spurs pipped City for the Champions League and how the camera lingered on all those City fans crying in the stands. Little children, crying. Ha ha ha. Ohhh my.

Try it.

I also love the fact that according to shiny, if you don't actively dislike, hate or root for another team to lose then you must be :wacko:

I maintain that if you dont understand the desire to be an anti-fan of any particular club then you are outside the bounds of normalness. You dont have to hold a grudge yourself but to think it's a bad thing if you do...it's just not right. I implore you to seek help.

I maintain that if you dont understand the desire to be an anti-fan of any particular club then you are outside the bounds of normalness. You dont have to hold a grudge yourself but to think it's a bad thing if you do...it's just not right. I implore you to seek help.

Even if you are right and I am not "normal" for feeling the way that you do, why should that mean I need help? Does the majority rule? Who is being wacko here? Shouldn't it be put up to rational discussion and not merely 'argumentum ad populum'?

I'm not religious. Should I seek help because I don't conform to the majority opinion on the existence of Deities?

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Even if you are right and I am not "normal" for feeling the way that you do, why should that mean I need help? Does the majority rule? Who is being wacko here? Shouldn't it be put up to rational discussion and not merely 'argumentum ad populum'?

I'm not religious. Should I seek help because I don't conform to the majority opinion on the existence of Deities?

Yes, one day we shall come for you. When you least expect it. Maybe at half time of the Man U Cup Winners Day, while you're enjoying Fred the Reds hilarious antics.

I'm a Latics fan, wouldn't have been going to the game but now me and 3 mates are going as we will be using our mates city ST's. Thats £40 they wouldn't have got. Same goes for the bring a friend for a fiver promotions.

And you are throwing the ST's away afterwards I hope? Or use them as tickertape to welcome our brave warriors onto the field.

I can understand the 'hating' other clubs, especially certain others, but when it gets to the stage of cutting off your own nose to spite your face, then it becomes a tad more incomprehensible.

It's not like the club have actually done anything to create the 'City Legends', other than attempting to use the occasion of Peter Reid coming to play Paul Dickov to generate some revenue, revenue which hopefully goes to saving (and yes, we need saving!) the club.

I can understand the 'hating' other clubs, especially certain others, but when it gets to the stage of cutting off your own nose to spite your face, then it becomes a tad more incomprehensible.

It's not like the club have actually done anything to create the 'City Legends', other than attempting to use the occasion of Peter Reid coming to play Paul Dickov to generate some revenue, revenue which hopefully goes to saving (and yes, we need saving!) the club.

Until the last of TTA are gone I'm happy that my money stays my money.

Until the last of TTA are gone I'm happy that my money stays my money.

Obviously that's your choice, and it's good that it makes you happy, but that's not really relevant to whether this promotion is a good/bad/root of all evil scheme.

PS That was not meant to come across condescending at all. I would be the last person to criticise you or anyone for their choice to attend or not, supoort or not, or whatever.

Edited by bpmarko

Obviously that's your choice, and it's good that it makes you happy, but that's not really relevant to whether this promotion is a good/bad/root of all evil scheme.

It doesnt make me happy but there you go. And yes, it's not relevant to this thread. But I think I exhausted my spleen on that one already.

It doesnt make me happy but there you go. And yes, it's not relevant to this thread. But I think I exhausted my spleen on that one already.

Drat, just as I got going ready for a good 'debate'! :grin:

Anyway, enjoy resting your spleen, and hopefully it will rejuvenate your desire for League One, three-sided stadium football!