Latics CITY legend promotion V Plymouth

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your missing the point FFS

Would you pay £10 at city if you could watch Latics on TV in the pub at the same time???????

You're right in your overall point, but it's not even the same comparison saying go to watch them over Latics on TV...you'd be going from us churning it in League One to watching Man :censored:ty in the Premiership. It's more a case of saying, if you were a :censored:ty fan would you go to Latics or stay in Last Orders or wherever the local dodgy sky is? Answer is nailed on...they'll be going to the pub. We might get about as many extra turning up as those that are pissed off that we're allowing other clubs fans to get in cheaper than it's own fans.

Theres around 35000 ST holders at city? Take 35000 as a basic figure

How many will go down to Wolves? Their away hand can hold around 6000

So say City sell that, thats 29000 left at home.

Your telling me that none of them would take up the offer if they know about it?

Your telling me that none of them would take up the offer if they know about it?

...and then someone points out the elephant in the room.

I work with several City ST holders, who are only aware of this through me.

What is the point of promoting a City legends day just to Latics fans, many of whom it will just annoy.

...and then someone points out the elephant in the room.

I work with several City ST holders, who are only aware of this through me.

What is the point of promoting a City legends day just to Latics fans, many of whom it will just annoy.

City have two home games before the plymouth game.. Lech Poznan in Europa League and then Arsenal in the prem.. might be advertised in their programmes?

And the point of promoting it is to try and get more people to Latics, we need more fans to survive, and if that means making offers to other clubs like city, to try and get some of their fans to watch us when city are away/not playing will benefit the club, especially if they see what they like and are willing to come back and pay £18/£20 to see games...

I think moaning at the club trying to promote something just smacks of desperation to be hyper critical, its much easier to crticise than create. Secondly and not living in Oldham, maybe just promoting the fact that there is a game on may drag a few floating fans to BP against a team from the far south. Not a lot to lose and still we moan.

I've said this before on here but it is in Latics' interests (not to mention those of Bury, Dale, Stockport etc.) to stop local pubs illegally showing PremierGreed games at 3pm on a Saturday. But have the club done anything about it? I doubt it. It wouldn't take much and the people concerned with enforcing this law (that includes AH et al.) now have somewhere to start to look- Last Orders.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11452434

Essentially if this woman wins, the football League looses (although her argument does seem to have some legal backing)

Why?

It's a one off because Dickov & Reid are involved and there's no other clash like it this season. And whatever numbers of City season ticket holders turn up it's a bonus.

FFS.

because it is a scraping of the barrel attempt at boosting attendances IMO. people are payed to come up with these ideas...seriously, is this the best they can do?!

You're right in your overall point, but it's not even the same comparison saying go to watch them over Latics on TV...you'd be going from us churning it in League One to watching Man :censored:ty in the Premiership. It's more a case of saying, if you were a :censored:ty fan would you go to Latics or stay in Last Orders or wherever the local dodgy sky is? Answer is nailed on...they'll be going to the pub. We might get about as many extra turning up as those that are pissed off that we're allowing other clubs fans to get in cheaper than it's own fans.

Thats what i meant cheers bb80

the argument that if one more City fan turns up then it's a bonus doesnt really stand.

What about those that are unhappy about it? What about the bloke from down south who is bringing his kids up that weekend and was going to take the eldest to their first ever game and go into the shop and probably buy some tat for the youngest? I'll tell you what about him - he's not going. I know because I'm him. It's hardly earth shattering as I'd already decided not to give those 3 people that a lot of you still think are ok anymore of my money towards the end of the season before last when it dawned on me that they were really and utterly doing us from behind. But....I was lifting my self imposed ban just to imprint the club on the eldest. But the very thought of a Man City Day at Latics blows my mind. If they'd done that in the 80's we would have burnt the ground down. Still, that'd actually suit their purposes wouldnt it? So, my exile is now total and complete until they're all gone and the kids can do something more constructive with their lives.

Wake up folks! Also, if you were one of those ones who backed Chris Moore and slagged off his detractors right up to the very moment you realised he'd done us over and now you are one of those ones who are saying those in power (be that of Latics or Brassbank) are on the level then I think you should consider that maybe you're just a bit too trusting.

the argument that if one more City fan turns up then it's a bonus doesnt really stand.

What about those that are unhappy about it? What about the bloke from down south who is bringing his kids up that weekend and was going to take the eldest to their first ever game and go into the shop and probably buy some tat for the youngest? I'll tell you what about him - he's not going. I know because I'm him. It's hardly earth shattering as I'd already decided not to give those 3 people that a lot of you still think are ok anymore of my money towards the end of the season before last when it dawned on me that they were really and utterly doing us from behind. But....I was lifting my self imposed ban just to imprint the club on the eldest. But the very thought of a Man City Day at Latics blows my mind. If they'd done that in the 80's we would have burnt the ground down. Still, that'd actually suit their purposes wouldnt it? So, my exile is now total and complete until they're all gone and the kids can do something more constructive with their lives.

Wake up folks! Also, if you were one of those ones who backed Chris Moore and slagged off his detractors right up to the very moment you realised he'd done us over and now you are one of those ones who are saying those in power (be that of Latics or Brassbank) are on the level then I think you should consider that maybe you're just a bit too trusting.

It's sad to hear about your self-imposed exile. While I agree with a lot of that, I'm hoping and praying that somehow, our great club will still be there long, long after this episode is over. Which is why I'd implore you to return regardless of who owns the club...after all, should someone take a look at us to take over and try it their own way, they want to see us with some fans still turning up! To me, exiling oneself is totally self-defeating. But I agree with you...the divide and conquer, the smoke and mirrors, the fear and propaganda that's been going on since the 5-year plan went up in smoke has been quite depressing, frustrating and at times, damn right infuriating!

I understand the clubs attempt to get more fans in...sadly, it's been terribly done again. First of all, we know fans used to watch two teams when it was affordable. This is the loudest statement Hardy should've been screaming for all to hear...about this deal. Second of all, to offer it only to City fans is stupid...why not offer it to Latics fans who go to the Colchester game and can produce a ticket stub for it too? Everyones a winner...no Latics fan can claimed to be excluded then.

It's ok having these ideas....it's another thing getting it right over how it's to run. But then, Alan Hardy should be dealing with things like the FA and not the commercial side of things. This should go to a proper commercial manager but this then goes back to the continual hacking at the tree! We don't have one to save costs...yet commerically we've been dying for years. Catch 22.

Edited by boundaryblue80

It's not a pretty picture I know, for those of us who have gone off in a huff and those of us who will be loyal to the bitter end. Even if the worst happens, the absolute worst, it would not be the end of the world - Aldershot, Wimbledon and Newport are all examples of what can be done. Hope it never comes to that but clubs can come back stronger and with a more committed fanbase than their previous incarnations - finding a ground to play on is the major problem faced though (as our cross town rugby counterparts know all too well). It should be constitutionally against League rules for one set of people to own both but in separate companies, there's far too much scope for something to go wrong.

Hopefully none of it will come to that but I just dont want to give them any more of my money. I know that might be self defeating but it's not as if money comes out of a fountain in my back garden.

I really can't believe that there are people on here bitching about this. I had hoped that the idiot who called GMR was an isolated case. The only people who have any right to complain about this offer are current Latics season ticket holders who are also Man City season ticket holders. I doubt there are any.

I applaud this idea and any idea that serves to bring in extra revenue. Whether it does bring in extra £, time will tell. If your hatred for a rival club is preventing you from spending your dough on the club you claim to be allied to in its time of need, then that is on YOU and your attitude. You people really disappoint me.

I really can't believe that there are people on here bitching about this. I had hoped that the idiot who called GMR was an isolated case. The only people who have any right to complain about this offer are current Latics season ticket holders who are also Man City season ticket holders. I doubt there are any.

I applaud this idea and any idea that serves to bring in extra revenue. Whether it does bring in extra £, time will tell. If your hatred for a rival club is preventing you from spending your dough on the club you claim to be allied to in its time of need, then that is on YOU and your attitude. You people really disappoint me.

The thing with the extra revenue - you have to weigh up how many extra City fans you might attract to BP against the money you might lose with 'idiots' like me deciding not to go.

I cant see why having a passionate dislike against another club should be such a surprise. I'm amazed it hasnt had more of a reaction. Everyone I have spoken to about it who I used to go with 'back in the day' is flabbergasted. Surely anyone who was going to Latics from the point City first went down in the 80's and from then on would at the very least not think much of them.

From my own personal opinions on Man City then it is no different than City doing a United day, Arsenal doing a Spurs Day or Wednesday a Sheff U or a million other examples. I know the majority of their lot couldnt give a flying monkeys about us anymore but that doesnt alter my perception of their club. If we're reduced to whoring ourselves to that lot then things have reached pretty much rock bottom.

What next? How about a celebration of the 1990 and 1994 Man U FA Cup Final winning teams. That'd bring people in through the gates. Is that a good idea as well? We could have all the old players come onto the pitch and do a lap of honour while you generously applaud them and throw scarves and hats for them to wear. Maybe we could knock out half Oldham half United scarves for the occasion. Mark Hughes, Fulham fixtures permitting, could then maybe get up onto a podium and give a little speech.

The thing with the extra revenue - you have to weigh up how many extra City fans you might attract to BP against the money you might lose with 'idiots' like me deciding not to go.

Maybe. But I am calling out those 'idiots' for what they are. If this plan to bring in extra revenue fails because their dislike for one club outweighs their love for their own, then the plan failed because of their own attitude.

I cant see why having a passionate dislike against another club should be such a surprise. I'm amazed it hasnt had more of a reaction.

I never cease to be amazed by people using this kind of superficial tribalisism to justify decisions in the real world. To actively dislike a whole group of people who you don't know personally or individually merely because they support another club is crazy.

Everyone I have spoken to about it who I used to go with 'back in the day' is flabbergasted. Surely anyone who was going to Latics from the point City first went down in the 80's and from then on would at the very least not think much of them.

From my own personal opinions on Man City then it is no different than City doing a United day, Arsenal doing a Spurs Day or Wednesday a Sheff U or a million other examples. I know the majority of their lot couldnt give a flying monkeys about us anymore but that doesnt alter my perception of their club. If we're reduced to whoring ourselves to that lot then things have reached pretty much rock bottom.

1) Most of the clubs you mention are not desperate for cash

2) Like it or not, we are not in serious competition with Manchester City and haven't been for some time, or likely to be for the foreseable future. This rivalry is completely one sided, and with the delusional few.

What next? How about a celebration of the 1990 and 1994 Man U FA Cup Final winning teams. That'd bring people in through the gates. Is that a good idea as well? We could have all the old players come onto the pitch and do a lap of honour while you generously applaud them and throw scarves and hats for them to wear. Maybe we could knock out half Oldham half United scarves for the occasion. Mark Hughes, Fulham fixtures permitting, could then maybe get up onto a podium and give a little speech.

This is called a slippery slope fallacy. I can't see this kind of faulty logic working on the majority of people here. At least I hope not.