Thumbs up to Latics

My mate and i arrived 15 mins before the match having bought a £5 ticket earlier using the voucher in his season ticket. My mate discovered that his match ticket was ripped out from his season ticket book. He hadn't done this so it was a bit of a mystery. We went to the main entrance with the glass doors and explained the situation to the guy on the door. He disappeared inside and came out with a new ticket for him to use. Latics could have easily refused us entry as for all they knew we could have given the ticket to someone else in the hope that we would get another free ticket.

The club were excellent in this situation. If they had refused then we would have both just gone to the pub and i prob won't have returned to bp again.

Well done Latics

My mate and i arrived 15 mins before the match having bought a £5 ticket earlier using the voucher in his season ticket. My mate discovered that his match ticket was ripped out from his season ticket book. He hadn't done this so it was a bit of a mystery. We went to the main entrance with the glass doors and explained the situation to the guy on the door. He disappeared inside and came out with a new ticket for him to use. Latics could have easily refused us entry as for all they knew we could have given the ticket to someone else in the hope that we would get another free ticket.

The club were excellent in this situation. If they had refused then we would have both just gone to the pub and i prob won't have returned to bp again.

Well done Latics

Bit drastic, no? you say yourself the club could of refused entry on valid grounds.

Good gesture regardless.

Bit drastic, no? you say yourself the club could of refused entry on valid grounds.

Good gesture regardless.

Very true...but we have a feeling that it was the ticket office that had ripped the ticket out by mistake.

Latics need all the fans they can get. They could have refused entry but in their best interest not to IMO.

Well done Latics

hahah :wink:

So you wont want my ticket when Im next away :wink:

Well done Latics

What exactly have Latics done? You got in so whats the problem? Your having a go for no reason. If anything it should be a thread about how kind Latics have been.

Well done Latics

You only went cause it was a fiver :wink:

Seriously though, well done the people who sorted it. Shows they know match day experience counts to bringing/keeping people down to BP.

P.S.

I can see a que at the glass doors at the next home gate now! haha

You only went cause it was a fiver :wink:

Seriously though, well done the people who sorted it. Shows they know match day experience counts to bringing/keeping people down to BP.

P.S.

I can see a que at the glass doors at the next home gate now! haha

I've been to a few games this season. Payed full price for a couple. Every game that is a fiver or some kind of offer on then im there.

Thought you were being sarcastic no need for that.

It'd be some pretty odd and long-winded sarcasm....

The ticket office do tend to be very helpful though. I didn't have the right number ticket in my season ticket for the Leeds game last season (i must have have accidentally ripped two out at a previous game), and they gave me a replacement ticket without any hassle.

Reminds me of when I was a STUDENT in Leeds, and took a few of my uni mates to the Oldham vs Burnley game. 2 were burnley fans, going in the burnley end, and the two others were coming in with me. One was a Blackburn fan, and the other a Celtic fan. Got to the turnstyles and there was a chick vetting people before they were going in - (apparently the Burnley end was full which I didn't know at the time) - and she stopped the Blackburn fan and said he can't come in cos he is clearly a Burnley fan. "You'll get killed in their lovey"

It didn't help that we were a bit late and missed kick off due to the M62, but it took me a good ten minutes arguing to get him in.

I remember it as a good game, pretty sure it was 3-3.

Made it back to the car after the final whistle, and found two very cold burnley fans waiting at the car VERY pissed off. 90 mins outside ice station zebra did not agree with them. Funny that