What next............................

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:applause1:

City and Utd are just other clubs at the moment. At present we have no rivalary with them and haven't for a while. whereas with leeds we've have a lot more recent rivalry.

I hazard a guess that it's not our 'rivalry' that generates his hate, and rather their thuggish fans and con-man on a chairman.

Edited by Yard Dog

I hazard a guess that it's not our 'rivalry' that generates his hate, and rather their thuggish fans and con-man on a chairman.

Mostly you're right but I'll admit there's a hint of rivalry in there too. And it's sharpened by memories of visiting their cess pit and the treatment handed out by the filthy scum amongst their fans and plod.

Thing is, for various reasons, I was always a bit of a closet red* - apart from that short but glorious time when we fought them as division equals - but even taking that into account I never really felt anything above pity for City. To an extent that's still the case, cos you just know this latest roller coaster ride of theirs is somehow going to go horribly wrong... :grin:

After Leeds, the next club on my list, much much further down the scale, is Liverpool. And the more delusional of their fans.

* - yeah yeah, bring it on. <_<

Mostly you're right but I'll admit there's a hint of rivalry in there too. And it's sharpened by memories of visiting their cess pit and the treatment handed out by the filthy scum amongst their fans and plod.

Thing is, for various reasons, I was always a bit of a closet red* - apart from that short but glorious time when we fought them as division equals - but even taking that into account I never really felt anything above pity for City. To an extent that's still the case, cos you just know this latest roller coaster ride of theirs is somehow going to go horribly wrong... :grin:

After Leeds, the next club on my list, much much further down the scale, is Liverpool. And the more delusional of their fans.

* - yeah yeah, bring it on. <_<

I can relate to and agree with virtually all of that.

so now we've all bared out souls and the promotion has been and gone is it maybe worthwhile to see how this particularly witless attempt to drum up extra support went. Let us examine our league crowds....

307 less home fans for Plymouth than our previous game against Colchester

Which is by far the biggest drop in home attendance of the season

and is the second lowest home gate ahead of the Bournemouth game (an extra 25 fans)

So...putting aside whatever your strongly held beliefs are on whether it's perfectly normal to dislike other clubs surely the more rational amongst you must see that doing promotions that are certain to disaffect more Latics fans than bring in new is business stupidity. Unless you actually want to run us out of business.

Simon Corney...the Bill Hiddleston of the 21st Century

so now we've all bared out souls and the promotion has been and gone is it maybe worthwhile to see how this particularly witless attempt to drum up extra support went. Let us examine our league crowds....

307 less home fans for Plymouth than our previous game against Colchester

Which is by far the biggest drop in home attendance of the season

and is the second lowest home gate ahead of the Bournemouth game (an extra 25 fans)

So...putting aside whatever your strongly held beliefs are on whether it's perfectly normal to dislike other clubs surely the more rational amongst you must see that doing promotions that are certain to disaffect more Latics fans than bring in new is business stupidity. Unless you actually want to run us out of business.

Simon Corney...the Bill Hiddleston of the 21st Century

how many fans did colchester bring and how many did plymouth bring????? im guessing colchester is nearer than plymouth....

also halloween weekend so more people likely to keep money in there pocket and spend it on that rather than foorball...

if you can prove that this promotion cost us fans id like to see the proof of it....im guessing your just going off the attendance figures on the official site rather than anything else.

Looks like the crowd was about average to what we have been getting all season... Didn't real go down did it ?

well minus 1 as i couldnt go or minus 2 cos me lad would have come as well....

but your correct,in the great context of things it was an average crowd

By the way, I hate neither United nor City. In my opinion there is only one football club worthy of an emotion anywhere near as extreme as hatred. And that's the filthy sheep sh*gging scum over t'hill. Even more so while that c*nt is their chairman.

I hate them... but its not real hatred... Its just pantomime stuff :)

Looks like the crowd was about average to what we have been getting all season... Didn't real go down did it ?

Well, it went down by 307 (or 7.75%) as I said - which is down in the general scheme of things. I'm talking about home fans, Plymouth brought 400+

Well, it went down by 307 (or 7.75%) as I said - which is down in the general scheme of things. I'm talking about home fans, Plymouth brought 400+

It still isn't a shocking variant which you can find from game to game... Also because our attendances are low in general these small variations between games can seem more dramatic than they really are. Lets see what it is at the next game... You need to look at a trend and not a single game...

Edited by oafc0000

Well, it went down by 307 (or 7.75%) as I said - which is down in the general scheme of things.

How many of that 307 were season ticket holders? How many of that 307 were people who attend every home game but buy tickets in advance? How many of that 307 were people who attend every home game but pay on the gate? How many...? etc etc

What were the reasons for these people not attending?

Fundamentally, I agree that the statistics paint the picture that this promotion didn't work. I don't agree with your assertion that it's because of the criteria of the promotion.

It still isn't a shocking variant which you can find from game to game...

blimey....really..aghast n shocked i am,hahaha

listen i remember season when we been on stupidly long unbeaten runs played great football and scored goals for fun....then ya lose one out the blue on a wet n windy tuesday night to a team you should have battered and the next home game you lose shed loads of fans.....its part and parcel of our club that,hardly suprising...

im more interested in how much revenue we lost by latics fans taking advantage of the situation,borrowing city season tickets and going in for a fiver with a season ticket holder...that would be interesting to see