Much Difference ?

This time last season...

13th - Played 15 - Won 5 - Drew 5 - Lost 5 - For 13 - Against 15 - GD -2 - PTS 20

This season...

8th - Played 14 - Won 5 - Drew 6 - Lost 3 - For 21 - Against 17 - GD +4 - PTS 21

we are scoring more and conceeding more but in a better position than last season even though we played a game less.

This time last season...

13th - Played 15 - Won 5 - Drew 5 - Lost 5 - For 13 - Against 15 - GD -2 - PTS 20

This season...

8th - Played 14 - Won 5 - Drew 6 - Lost 3 - For 21 - Against 17 - GD +4 - PTS 21

we are scoring more and conceeding more but in a better position than last season even though we played a game less.

I do still think that overall we will finish in a similar position to last season - unless (A) We learn to defend and (B) We get a fox in the box BUT so far it has been much better to watch all season and at least we are willing to have a go. I thought Dickov panicked a bit with the Feeney sub but not since Joe Royle's first spell and certainly Scunny away have I seen us play 2-2-6! The fun is back as from November 2008 - May 2010 it was bloody hard going to Home games. Now at least we know we'll have a go, even if we're :censored:e, we're still trying to win the game. Well done Dicky and staff and well done Corney for having the bollocks to have a punt!

All you stay aways, get your arses back to BP and support your club!

I do still think that overall we will finish in a similar position to last season - unless (A) We learn to defend and (B) We get a fox in the box BUT so far it has been much better to watch all season and at least we are willing to have a go. I thought Dickov panicked a bit with the Feeney sub but not since Joe Royle's first spell and certainly Scunny away have I seen us play 2-2-6! The fun is back as from November 2008 - May 2010 it was bloody hard going to Home games. Now at least we know we'll have a go, even if we're :censored:e, we're still trying to win the game. Well done Dicky and staff and well done Corney for having the bollocks to have a punt!

to be honest its rather us who has got better or everyone else has gone sh**e !

but the fun is back and everyone who went is starting to buzz again, but we are playing alot more like a team who is not affraid to attack with the " we will score one more than you" attidude which see's us playing entertaining football.

by the way prozac i doubt we will finish 16th :)

It was at this point last season that Abbot got injured and it proved that we were over reliant on him to get goals a few injuries could make a difference to this team aswell however I dont think their is the same reliance on a handful of individuals like their was last season. So far like others Ive been enjoying Latics again which is good and am gutted I can't go either tuesday or saturday win the next 2 games and this season really gets interesting. Weve got a good young hungry squad still lacking a little bit of extra quality to get out of the division IMO but we have a team who are going out their and giving their all and thats all we can ask for anyone in a blue shirt.

This time last season...

This season...

so far, there is not much difference on paper, and at this point last season, i dont remember being disappointed with how things had gone. it was after about 20 games last season that we seemed to give up and play badly and for all we know, it could happen again.

but one difference is the feeling about the club. last season, people were starting to stop going, and this season, people are more likely to start coming back.

i also doubt we'll finish anywhere near last season. at the moment, i think we're looking good for an outside run at the play-offs but i would settle for top-half.

so much difference for me, a manager who will have a go , players who care, a ever improving keeper, a midfield chipping in with goals and making chances, as most people say we need a lee hughes type fox to complete us, i believe abbott could have done a job but dickov didnt think he was the player for him, i have a good feeling paul will get it right lets give him time and the budget by gettin behind the lads!!

It was at this point last season that Abbot got injured and it proved that we were over reliant on him to get goals a few injuries could make a difference to this team aswell however I dont think their is the same reliance on a handful of individuals like their was last season. So far like others Ive been enjoying Latics again which is good and am gutted I can't go either tuesday or saturday win the next 2 games and this season really gets interesting. Weve got a good young hungry squad still lacking a little bit of extra quality to get out of the division IMO but we have a team who are going out their and giving their all and thats all we can ask for anyone in a blue shirt.

but the thing is we still scored alot more this season without him. abbott was over rated, dont get me wrong he did score important goals to keep us up but still far to over rated,

now kelly has got his first goal he could become the fox in the box we need :)

but the thing is we still scored alot more this season without him. abbott was over rated, dont get me wrong he did score important goals to keep us up but still far to over rated,

now kelly has got his first goal he could become the fox in the box we need :)

Thats kind of the point I was making we scored less goals last season and the majority of them were coming from 1 player

This time last season...

This season...

Conceding more but scoring alot more. This time last season we had already scored 1/3 of seasons total goals, this season we are 5 goals already of 2/3 of last seasons goals. Keep it up PD :wink:

I still think this team is much better than the team last season, and I think we will have a comfortable top half finish. I also think our problem will be along the lines of the 2004/2005 season where we drew far too many games.

The biggest difference in terms of the league this season by the looks of it is that after 14 games in the 2009/10 season 16 points separated 2nd (automatic promotion) to 21st (relegation. This time around it is only 7 points. Oldham have as much chance as anyone to get into the top six by May.

An extra 2,000 bums on seats would probably make the difference in adding to the squad and getting over the line. The money in the next rung up is massive in comparison and clubs like Scunny have been able to compete with very low attendances.

The biggest difference in terms of the league this season by the looks of it is that after 14 games in the 2009/10 season 16 points separated 2nd (automatic promotion) to 21st (relegation. This time around it is only 7 points. Oldham have as much chance as anyone to get into the top six by May.

An extra 2,000 bums on seats would probably make the difference in adding to the squad and getting over the line. The money in the next rung up is massive in comparison and clubs like Scunny have been able to compete with very low attendances.

scunthorpe are a perfect example of how it could be done on a low budget but they also have one heck of a scout ! getting cheap strikers in then selling them on for millions !!

more fans more money some additions come january and we could be there !

I think this year theres alot more creativity in the side. I can see great movement and more determination. I believe that if we keep up the good performances that attendances may rise sooner or later. If we get in the playoffs it may rise, if we get promoted its likely it may rise abit. I just hope attendances do rise.

scunthorpe are a perfect example of how it could be done on a low budget but they also have one heck of a scout ! getting cheap strikers in then selling them on for millions !!

more fans more money some additions come january and we could be there !

To be fair, their "low budget" is a lot more than we can afford. They signed Hooper for quite a bit of money, and Hayes when he was there. I think McCann cost them £300k. I also am pretty certain they bought Keogh and Sharp for decent fees.

One of the reasons I have no time for Adkins is because of how he played up that he was working on a shoestring budget when, in reality, he threw quite a bit of cash about, albeit recouping it all plus interest in sales.

To be fair, their "low budget" is a lot more than we can afford. They signed Hooper for quite a bit of money, and Hayes when he was there. I think McCann cost them £300k. I also am pretty certain they bought Keogh and Sharp for decent fees.

One of the reasons I have no time for Adkins is because of how he played up that he was working on a shoestring budget when, in reality, he threw quite a bit of cash about, albeit recouping it all plus interest in sales.

I still could quite comfortable wager that they have the lowest budget in the Championship though. But the difference in income means they can afford to stretch a little in the terms of wages. Mind you, had they not gone up in the play-offs the season before last, their cloth would have been cut accordingly and they could easily still be down here with us.

Still it goes to show that there is hope for us yet. Should we manage the unthinkable and we get promotion, consolidation in the Championship would make a hell of a difference to us as a club. We could yet see the return of 7,000-8,000 average gates.

Nurse! Pass the sedatives!