The squad until the season ends.

Reading Alan Hardy's comments about a concerted effort to move players on in the Oldham Comical made me look at the squad again and think about the January transfer window with a view to trying to keep the likes of Furman, Stephens, Taylor and Lee.

Who, apart from the obvious candidates, would you let go and who would you try to keep?

Jarrett is a serious candidate to be let go as he doesn't appear to like the idea of sitting on the bench and, according to reports, didn't require the use of a washing machine to get the sweat out of his kit after Saturday's performance.

I like the reports I'm hearing about Jacobson from reserve matches and seems to be busting a gut to get the eye of Dickov.

Any thoughts about the rest?

Reading Alan Hardy's comments about a concerted effort to move players on in the Oldham Comical made me look at the squad again and think about the January transfer window with a view to trying to keep the likes of Furman, Stephens, Taylor and Lee.

Who, apart from the obvious candidates, would you let go and who would you try to keep?

Jarrett is a serious candidate to be let go as he doesn't appear to like the idea of sitting on the bench and, according to reports, didn't require the use of a washing machine to get the sweat out of his kit after Saturday's performance.

I like the reports I'm hearing about Jacobson from reserve matches and seems to be busting a gut to get the eye of Dickov.

Any thoughts about the rest?

unforunately I think we may lose one or two from Furman, Stephens, Lee, Taylor .. and have to replace them with the likes of Worthington, Purdie, Holdsworth having been unable to move them on.

unless.......we're up there with a chance of promotion in which case I think SC will go :censored: or bust one last time :grin:

anyway, who's to say one of the "unsellables" won't come good given a run in the side? Furman was crap last season...............

He tried to play the cultured midfielder on a pudding of a pitch against opposition where you had to put your foot in.

unforunately I think we may lose one or two from Furman, Stephens, Lee, Taylor .. and have to replace them with the likes of Worthington, Purdie, Holdsworth having been unable to move them on.

unless.......we're up there with a chance of promotion in which case I think SC will go :censored: or bust one last time :grin:

anyway, who's to say one of the "unsellables" won't come good given a run in the side? Furman was crap last season...............

That’s how I see it. I’m at all the home games; but I’m told that whenever we’ve been featured on Soccer Saturday; Furman & Stephens have been getting rave reviews for the likes of Dowie, Phil Brown and others.

Considering a.) the form of Furman in particular & b.) our financial situation – I can’t help but fear that he’s going to be the 1st one out of the door; and probably not for much more than we paid for him.

As for the rest of the transfer listed lot – I just can’t see them going anywhere. It was said that Worthington turned down a move to the Blue Square Premier; even though it would have actually meant he would be playing regular; guaranteed 1st team football. It seems to me that he (and a few of the others) are very happy at present to still pick up their wage; for going through the motions of training and the odd reserve game; whilst still wanting to call themselves League 1 footballers. June cannot come quickly enough for me; so that the shocking signings of Penney (& the left-over's from Shez) can finally leave the club; and free up their (wasted) wages.

Ideally in January, Lomax, Smalley, Worthington, Jacobsen & Holdsworth* will move on; it’s just I worry they won’t. [Haven’t included Fleming; as I worry if Brill gets injured; Gerrard really? Young Josh; really? For me he stays as the ‘Keeping back-Up]

* I actually thought Holdsworth was looking quite good early last season; but if it hadn’t been for the fact that Purdie has out-injured him time wise; he’s be sicknote number 1 wouldn’t he? It’s all well & good saying he looked good early in the 2009-2010 season – but if he’s been unavailable since then through persistent injury; then in reality he needs to go; ‘glass men’ picking up wasted wages we do not need unfortunately.

Financially; if these listed lot don’t go; it will inevitably see Jarrett & Kelly leave the club; even if PD wishes them to remain. We’re told at every available minute that we’re screwed in terms of budget; so I just can’t see the short-term contracted lot being extended (unfortunately for Kelly in particular)

Now; all we need is a big money offer for Smalley and we’re sorted..... :pray:

Edited by slystallone

That’s how I see it. I’m at all the home games; but I’m told that whenever we’ve been featured on Soccer Saturday; Furman & Stephens have been getting rave reviews for the likes of Dowie, Phil Brown and others.

Considering a.) the form of Furman in particular & b.) our financial situation – I can’t help but fear that he’s going to be the 1st one out of the door; and probably not for much more than we paid for him.

As for the rest of the transfer listed lot – I just can’t see them going anywhere. It was said that Worthington turned down a move to the Blue Square Premier; even though it would have actually meant he would be playing regular; guaranteed 1st team football. It seems to me that he (and a few of the others) are very happy at present to still pick up their wage; for going through the motions of training and the odd reserve game; whilst still wanting to call themselves League 1 footballers. June cannot come quickly enough for me; so that the shocking signings of Penney (& the left-over's from Shez) can finally leave the club; and free up their (wasted) wages.

Ideally in January, Lomax, Smalley, Worthington, Jacobsen & Holdsworth* will move on; it’s just I worry they won’t. [Haven’t included Fleming; as I worry if Brill gets injured; Gerrard really? Young Josh; really? For me he stays as the ‘Keeping back-Up]

* I actually thought Holdsworth was looking quite good early last season; but if it hadn’t been for the fact that Purdie has out-injured him time wise; he’s be sicknote number 1 wouldn’t he? It’s all well & good saying he looked good early in the 2009-2010 season – but if he’s been unavailable since then through persistent injury; then in reality he needs to go; ‘glass men’ picking up wasted wages we do not need unfortunately.

Financially; if these listed lot don’t go; it will inevitably see Jarrett & Kelly leave the club; even if PD wishes them to remain. We’re told at every available minute that we’re screwed in terms of budget; so I just can’t see the short-term contracted lot being extended (unfortunately for Kelly in particular)

Now; all we need is a big money offer for Smalley and we’re sorted..... :pray:

Wasn't it that Holdsworth suffered a broken leg last season that ruled him out for the season? Think hes had one small injury since then..

Think thats unfair on Purdie also. Hes had an injury free career and was injured along with a few other players last year in pre-season training - hardly their fault. One or two of these players may in fact be good enough to start. Acually, it seems a bit odd to me that so many players had to receive treatment on groin and pelvic injuries last season with a few having to have operations and out for some time

Think thats unfair on Purdie also. Hes had an injury free career and was injured along with a few other players last year in pre-season training - hardly their fault. One or two of these players may in fact be good enough to start. Acually, it seems a bit odd to me that so many players had to receive treatment on groin and pelvic injuries last season with a few having to have operations and out for some time

Nothing strange in it all; the training & conditioning was pretty darn amateurish last season; you only needed to get to the ground early enough and watch the pre-game “warm-up’s”* happening, the half-time “warm-up’s”* and the lack of substitutes warming down to realise that.

(* I use that term very; very loosely in what went on.)

The impact of Paul Butler (Sports Science one; not the fighting scout one!) has been huge. Injury wise; the majority have all been impact injuries so far; minimal muscle pulls have been happening so far this season (I can only think of Black [out for around a week] and Kelly [week & a bit] so far in that respect?)

Oh, and Purdie arrived injured; and it would have showed up on a medical; had he had a thorough one...........

if any of Penneys signings are gonna come good I'd say it would be Purdie (obviously Furman already has).

and a fit Holdsworth isn't a bad player. one who'll slot nicely in at right back if we can't hang on to Lee

I reckon they aren't used to running on t'cobbled streets!!!