A New Dawn at Oldham

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to the gloom about the risdale deal (if you are that opinion), I have just been chatting to someone with ties at the Chron and according to them, there is the £4.5m in directors loans which we already know about, but also another £4.5m 'hidden away' - as the guy put it - which the club have kept underwraps (alledgedly)

If this is indeed true, then with or without PR it seems we are well up :censored: creek and there aint no paddle coming our way - I hope I am wrong on all of this

Maybe Barry or NYB could put us all firmly in the picture and lets us have the TRUTH???

Edited by shefflatic

well to be fair you could take what the guy who told me says with a pinch of salt, but nevertheless, it does make you wonder how bad it REALLY is.........???

The extra £4.5m could be Failsworth - TTA could just flog that for a large Mosque to be built closere to the City centre.

He isn't talking bollocks. Well some of it may be, but not all of it.

Sit in the main stand near the directors box, and overheard SC talking something about negotiations over the sale of the club (from the 20 seconds or so that i heard) not sure if all of it is to be sold, or TTA/SC will hold onto a % of the club. Risdale was their again, as was Joe Royle ( i linked JR their as to Dickov - didnt he manage Dickov at city? )

As i say, some of his post may be rubbish, like with the alan hardy bit but i don't know anything about that.. but it seems their are negotiations over the sale of the club

He isn't talking bollocks. Well some of it may be, but not all of it.

Sit in the main stand near the directors box, and overheard SC talking something about negotiations over the sale of the club (from the 20 seconds or so that i heard) not sure if all of it is to be sold, or TTA/SC will hold onto a % of the club. Risdale was their again, as was Joe Royle ( i linked JR their as to Dickov - didnt he manage Dickov at city? )

As i say, some of his post may be rubbish, like with the alan hardy bit but i don't know anything about that.. but it seems their are negotiations over the sale of the club

Im sure i read corney saying there is nothing going on wrt sale of the club in the chron last week.Who,in their right mind,(apart from a fan)is going to toss £££££££££££££££££££££££££ down the kazi to save oldham athletic?

We are skint,america is skint,the country is skint.The only country with $$$ is china.

In short,its a load of bollocks.

Im sure i read corney saying there is nothing going on wrt sale of the club in the chron last week.Who,in their right mind,(apart from a fan)is going to toss £££££££££££££££££££££££££ down the kazi to save oldham athletic?

We are skint,america is skint,the country is skint.The only country with $$$ is china.

Who let Geoge Osborne into the forum?

I don't give a stuff about what SC said in the chron last week

I know for a fact that he was talking about negotiations for the sale of the club at the game today.

Never believe everything printed.

No-one does anything in football without wanting something in return

Oldham can make money if run the right way

Have just had a random conversation with a relative that supports Robs statement much the same words, in isolation would doubt it but as the person in question has no desire to frequent a PC it was what he overheard. Apparently the person thought Risdale was at club most of week and acting for others. Put 2+2 together thought Joe might be encouraging???

Normally I would just say what a load of bollox

I don't know anything about Risdale (apart from he's been at the games recently and others on here have said they have seen him at the club this week) or anyone who could be interested, just know their are negotiations. Also with Big Joe, is he still in his capacity of advisor to the club? To help and advise the management out, sure it was announced when DP took over that Joe was to stay (no money being paid) as giving advise and help to manager? Related Joe being their due to Dickov link.

To add to the gloom about the risdale deal (if you are that opinion), I have just been chatting to someone with ties at the Chron and according to them, there is the £4.5m in directors loans which we already know about, but also another £4.5m 'hidden away' - as the guy put it - which the club have kept underwraps (alledgedly)

If this is indeed true, then with or without PR it seems we are well up :censored: creek and there aint no paddle coming our way - I hope I am wrong on all of this

Maybe Barry or NYB could put us all firmly in the picture and lets us have the TRUTH???

I'll tell you the truth. That is a pile of horse:censored:. The guy's ties to the chron are what? A stand on the bus station.

There is no way to tie a recoverable loan to a club that doesn't show on the accounts (specifically on the Statement of Financial Position). You're really helping by coming out with stuff like that.

You should start to use a little judgement

Did you see the SC interview on PLAYER, this week? Where he said negotiations are ongoing in regards to the finances of the club. That he had a few irons in the fire.

I don't give a stuff about what SC said in the chron last week

I know for a fact that he was talking about negotiations for the sale of the club at the game today.

Were you hiding in Corneys half time cup of tea, to hear all this.

Unless you were sat next to him, ( which you were not) I reckon your spouting tripe.

Eh, China output has slowed dramatically, or is that to boring for you.

Were you hiding in Corneys half time cup of tea, to hear all this.

Unless you were sat next to him, ( which you were not) I reckon your spouting tripe.

No, i was passing near him... and tbh you have no proof to say am spouting tripe... unless we have a simon corney identical twin at latics in the directors box and was saying what i heard about negotiations over sale of the club..

No, i was passing near him... and tbh you have no proof to say am spouting tripe... unless we have a simon corney identical twin at latics in the directors box and was saying what i heard about negotiations over sale of the club..

The only passing you had today was wind.