Gerrard - 37

Dickov - 38

Crompton - 17

Tounkara - 20

Winchester - 17

Burns -17

White -18

Average Age - 23.57

Take out Dickov, Gerrard, Rubes and Jarrett - Average Age 21.05!!!!!

We may be young but the ability and fitness is there too. We had a young team under Stitch and it took them a while to become worldly wise, this lot more often than not do the business. It's been great to watch so far let's keep it up, financial troubles or not the future looks bright as long as we continue bringing our own through and utilise the loan system effectively. If only Penney had trusted :censored: and Blackman more last season (who is banging em in for fun in the SPL) who knows it may have been more enjoyable. The loanees (so far) this season have been a revelation and speaks volumes for PD, GT and TP's contacts and their trust in young talent.

Edited by oafcprozac

When I was advocating Gannon for manager it was on the back of his achievements at Stockport. Shunting out the journeymen, motivating the youngsters and getting the results on the pitch.

Dickov is replicating this rather well.

Hopefully a modest increase in wins that are currently draws and he can deliver something really special for this town.

When I was advocating Gannon for manager it was on the back of his achievements at Stockport. Shunting out the journeymen, motivating the youngsters and getting the results on the pitch.

Dickov is replicating this rather well.

Hopefully a modest increase in wins that are currently draws and he can deliver something really special for this town.

agree.

To be fair, I'd back myself to fill my boots in the SPL and I'm fat, slow and the wrong side of 35.

The SPL is easily league one/mid-Championship level and it does ask the question why Colonel Cautious was so reluctant to give the lad a go. That dour Yorkshire twit with an 'a' knocked us back 12 months and I don't buy him being cautious out of necessity. The best way to achieve is by going for it whether you're good enough or not.

Brill - 24

Lee -22

Rubes - 31

M'Voto - 22

Evina - 19 (This week)

Black - 20

Jones - 24

Stephens - 22

Jarrett - 31

Jacobson - 24 (Just)

Alessandra - 21

Feeney - 29

Taylor - 23

Brooke - 20

Gerrard - 37

Dickov - 38

Crompton - 17

Tounkara - 20

Winchester - 17

Burns -17

White -18

Average Age - 23.57

Take out Dickov, Gerrard, Rubes and Jarrett - Average Age 21.05!!!!!

We may be young but the ability and fitness is there too. We had a young team under Stitch and it took them a while to become worldly wise, this lot more often than not do the business. It's been great to watch so far let's keep it up, financial troubles or not the future looks bright as long as we continue bringing our own through and utilise the loan system effectively. If only Penney had trusted :censored: and Blackman more last season (who is banging em in for fun in the SPL) who knows it may have been more enjoyable. The loanees (so far) this season have been a revelation and speaks volumes for PD, GT and TP's contacts and their trust in young talent.

Whats Furman??

The SPL is easily league one/mid-Championship level and it does ask the question why Colonel Cautious was so reluctant to give the lad a go. That dour Yorkshire twit with an 'a' knocked us back 12 months and I don't buy him being cautious out of necessity. The best way to achieve is by going for it whether you're good enough or not.

Take out the Old Firm and the SPL is not that good. (I have my doubts about how much the Old Firm would succeed in the PL). The team that finishes third would probably do alright in the Championship, the team that finsihes bottom would struggle in our league. I can see us beating half the SPL consistently. (Less last season). A prime example is Will Haining, was a regular player in the SPL, highly important to his club but couldn't impress enough to get a contract here. Blackman showed signs of potential last year (his goal at brentford being a prime example), but just because he is scoring for fun in the SPL doesn't mean he'd score for fun in our league. Especially last season when he had 12 months less development.

Penney has a lot to answer for but to say he knocked us back 12 months is being very harsh. He made us more disciplined, a lot of our clean sheets this year can be traced back to the improvement DP made in that area. He wasn't helped by injuries and he had very little to work with thanks to what happened from about Dec 08 onwards. If DP had gone for it a lot more but we had gone down loads of people on here would have been moaning about why wasn't he more cautious.

I think when we were unsure who our new manager was going to be I said someone who is the middle ground between DP with his discipline, and cautious out-look and Shez with his lack of discipline and attacking frame of mind would be good. I hope we might have found someone of that ilk in PD, he doesn't stand for any nonsense but is more than happy to blow the bugle and go for it.