I'm experiencing a bit of De Ja Vu...

When Chris Moore was Chairman and Wadsworth was manager I was worried when we were making a procession of high-quality loan and permanent signings as the figures simply didn't add up and eventually the :censored: seriously hit the fan and we experienced my lowest point as a Latics Fan after one of our best ever seasons.

Now we have posted losses of £1.5m, Mr. Blitz and Gazal have walked as it was simply costing too much, so where's the money coming from to sign quality like Amos and Trotters? They're great signings and just what we need to have a real go, is Mr. Blitz still funding us on the quiet (my own opinion as he has been seen at BP this season) has Mr. Corney found a stash down the back of the settee, has Gordon turned Alan Hardy upside down and shook out his pockets or do we have a new investor waiting in the wings? All very intruiging but I do worry how we are affording these players…*

*That's not to say I am not chuffed and grateful at our pro-activity in the market in trying to build on such an encouraging start to the season...

Edited by oafcprozac

When Chris Moore was Chairman and Wadsworth was manager I was worried when we were making a procession of high-quality loan and permanent signings as the figures simply didn't add up and eventually the :censored: seriously hit the fan and we experienced my lowest point as a Latics Fan after one of our best ever seasons.

Now we have posted losses of £1.5m, Mr. Blitz and Gazal have walked as it was simply costing too much, so where's the money coming from to sign quality like Amos and Trotters? They're great signings and just what we need to have a real go, is Mr. Blitz still funding us on the quiet (my own opinion as he has been seen at BP this season) has Mr. Corney found a stash down the back of the settee, has Gordon turned Alan Hardy upside down and shook out his pockets or do we have a new investor waiting in the wings? All very intruiging but I do worry how we are affording these players…*

I doubt very much we'll be paying any of Amos' wages :wink:

+1

i think there is outsise investment on the qt...i also think ridsdale being around in whatever circumstance was financial as well...maybe not direct investment but financial advice etc etc...

i just hope we do manage to get something out of the season,because if this is one last hurrah,and it goes belly up i dread to think what the outcome will be...

The loan players' parent clubs are probably paying all or most of their wages.

100% Agree and its the reason Paul got the job as he is delivering what he promised in terms of quality loan signings due to his contacts, friendships and respect he has acquired over many successful years at the highest level.

We really are priveleged so respect it, support it and hope that long may it continue.