Dave'Penis'Penney

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hell has just ordered a load of industrial-strength heaters.

Leave the guy alone. It didn't work out here, we were all a bit angry at the time, Oldham and Penney have both moved on - maybe our fans should, too.

Now, you know i'm a pretty level headed guy... however old Dangerous is right up there with my most hated ever people ever to be involved with Oldham... he's in illustrious company, right up these with Jermaine Johnson. :wink:

Now... some managers were either simply crap (Talbot) or got a raw deal (Moore) and dont deserve a second thought, however this guy was in another league of smug self-righteousness. I'm very sure that after a couple of scoops at Brizzle he will get a piece of my mind. Granted we will probably lose and he will be a smug :censored: , but i'm still gonna get a little shouty. :)

He's made his first signing for Brizzle.

Unfortunately it's not one of our wasters.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6668245,00.html

He mentioned last week that he had struggled to bring his targets in during his first few days and promised a new face before Tuesday. This smacks a bit of desperation, like a Shez panic signing, a young championship youth player, you get the feeling he just called clubs up asking if they had any player they could send to them and that there's been no scouting or real thought into it.

With Dickov I've never really felt any of our signings were panic signings with little thought put into them. That said, Penney did make some good loan signings last year (Sheehan (I'd love for him to be our permanent left back), Heffernan and Guy)

He mentioned last week that he had struggled to bring his targets in during his first few days and promised a new face before Tuesday. This smacks a bit of desperation, like a Shez panic signing, a young championship youth player, you get the feeling he just called clubs up asking if they had any player they could send to them and that there's been no scouting or real thought into it.

With Dickov I've never really felt any of our signings were panic signings with little thought put into them. That said, Penney did make some good loan signings last year (Sheehan (I'd love for him to be our permanent left back), Heffernan and Guy)

Hmmmmm DP stated he wanted experience at the back after 'identifying' Rovers' weaknesses at the back. 18 years old, fookin' immense Dave!!!!

Im sure i read a quote from Penny that he felt Rovers were lacking experience. So Penney's answer is to bring in an untried 18 year old :blink:

Still at least he has extended his scouting radius to outside of Yorkshire.

He actually signed two very good players on loan last season and, for whatever reason, hardly played them. Blackman and :censored:.

I think Hell has just ordered a load of industrial-strength heaters.

Leave the guy alone. It didn't work out here, we were all a bit angry at the time, Oldham and Penney have both moved on - maybe our fans should, too.

really? not heard his first interview then?

maybe.

A goalless draw for his first home game!

Now... technically it was the 2-2 draw with walsall... however normal service has resumed!

... not a bad couple of results those for us tonight... Mk Dons dropping points, as do Bournemuff and Rockerdale...

A goalless draw for his first home game!

(And a draw for Dale too)

Mongs lose, Bournemuff, Dale and Monkey Hangers can only draw which means they've played another game more than us and not capitalised. I still think it's unlikely we'll get into the top 6 and stay there BUT it is in our own hands...

Mongs lose, Bournemuff, Dale and Monkey Hangers can only draw which means they've played another game more than us and not capitalised. I still think it's unlikely we'll get into the top 6 and stay there BUT it is in our own hands...

You have to say, these results keep falling our way. A couple of wins on the bounce in next few games will push us right into the mix at a good time of year. I personally don't think we've enough depth, or consistency to maintain an assault but at least we're giving it a go unlike this time last season.