walsall v latics

I cannot believe there was 3000 home fans there last night. Does BP really look that empty when we get a similar crowds in a similar sized stadium

At the same time the fact we're at least looking like challenging the top 6 yet we only get a few hundred more on a weekend is a tad more worrying.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ.. thats a bit harsh on tonks isn't it.. ok he had is poorest game in a oldham shirt i just thought he looked tired, jaded but not interested you have to be joking..Amos and Taylor apart none of the others were on top of the game but a point away and 3 at home and we will be in the play offs.

Agree with this.

Thought Tonk looked knackered - he didn't get any decent service last night either and was pretty much playing up front on his own.

The crowd seemed tiny, and I was suprised that is was over 3,000. That said, the home crowd seemed to make a bit of noise (well, more than our fans did..). I wonder if Latics were bottom of the league whether we'd get 3,000 home fans and make any noise?? That barely even happens now and we're 7th!

Agree with this.

Thought Tonk looked knackered - he didn't get any decent service last night either and was pretty much playing up front on his own.

The crowd seemed tiny, and I was suprised that is was over 3,000. That said, the home crowd seemed to make a bit of noise (well, more than our fans did..). I wonder if Latics were bottom of the league whether we'd get 3,000 home fans and make any noise?? That barely even happens now and we're 7th!

maybe because our fans are like you and the negativity spreads about ?

Agree with this.

I thought he looked knackered against Rochdale, Swindon and Southampton - then he popped up with a couple of goals and a superb all-round performance v Brentford. Fatigue must be a factor as he's played in pretty much every game this season. I think we need to sign another striker just for cover as we simply cannot rely on Feeney's fitness. I'm not so sure Dickov trusts Brooke as surely he'd have been given more game time by now? That suggests to me we need another striker...

I thought he looked knackered against Rochdale, Swindon and Southampton - then he popped up with a couple of goals and a superb all-round performance v Brentford. Fatigue must be a factor as he's played in pretty much every game this season. I think we need to sign another striker just for cover as we simply cannot rely on Feeney's fitness. I'm not so sure Dickov trusts Brooke as surely he'd have been given more game time by now? That suggests to me we need another striker...

reid ?

Yeah, I would have thought we would have seen more of Brooke this season. Would like to see him and Tonk given a bit of a run as a partnership up front.

Maybe he struggles to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday? I'd agree he looked done after about 60-70 minutes for those games but looked fit again for Brentford after a full week without a game. It could be as a consequence of being young and this being his first full season in professional football. It could also have something to do with the way he plays, his battering ram style of play is not going to be condusive to recovery- its rare that for example rugby forwards can play weekend, mid-week, weekend because of the battering they give the opposition and themselves.

Maybe he struggles to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday? I'd agree he looked done after about 60-70 minutes for those games but looked fit again for Brentford after a full week without a game. It could be as a consequence of being young and this being his first full season in professional football. It could also have something to do with the way he plays, his battering ram style of play is not going to be condusive to recovery- its rare that for example rugby forwards can play weekend, mid-week, weekend because of the battering they give the opposition and themselves.

RL forwards at least have the option of the interchange - maybe you're right on the Saturday, Tuesday,Saturday thing but it's gonna be a reet :censored:ter for the lad over the next few weeks; Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday (8 games in 28 days, Carlisle (A), Hartlepool (H), Daggers (H), Hudds (A), Carlisle (H), Bristol Rov (A), Mongs (A), Peterborough (H) - Massive month...

RL forwards at least have the option of the interchange - maybe you're right on the Saturday, Tuesday,Saturday thing but it's gonna be a reet :censored:ter for the lad over the next few weeks; Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday (8 games in 28 days, Carlisle (A), Hartlepool (H), Daggers (H), Hudds (A), Carlisle (H), Bristol Rov (A), Mongs (A), Peterborough (H) - Massive month...

We will see if we are real play-off contenders or just a mid-table side by the end of Feburary