Bloody frustrating how much we've paid out for Penney's bums

Paid cash for Colbeck

Worthy paid off

Holdsworth paid off

JJ next?

Purdie never played a game for the club

Pav never fit - but a partial success for three months

Parker crap

There's only Furman who has proved a success so far from DPs time here and I'm positive DP didn't sign him.

So with Smalley and Purdie staying out on loan are we clearing the decks in time for the :censored: hitting the fan in the summer? Or are we wheeling and dealing to land that striker? :pray:

Kelvin Lomax next?

Edited by oafcprozac

Shame. I thought he was a good player. Did well at the start of last season.

He looked ok occasionally going forward but he's an average League One player, and given the amount of games he played for us - we'll never know if he could be any better than that.

I reckon he'd have made a decent squad player until the end of the season. As the article says he's versatile, he can play full back, centre mid, side midfield and centre back. We've been rather lucky with injuries so far which makes me think we'll have our seasonly injury crisis in the second half of the season, so we need as many versatile players as well can get and to be fair he was pretty decent, he never really got going properly because of his injuries but he was far from Penney's worse signing.

Dickov knows best though, maybe he has a couple more players lined up.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I reckon he'd have made a decent squad player until the end of the season. As the article says he's versatile, he can play full back, centre mid, side midfield and centre back. We've been rather lucky with injuries so far which makes me think we'll have our seasonly injury crisis in the second half of the season, so we need as many versatile players as well can get and to be fair he was pretty decent, he never really got going properly because of his injuries but he was far from Penney's worse signing.

Dickov knows best though, maybe he has a couple more players lined up.

I think we've enough cover out wide and for centre-mid and I think PD sees young Winchester as Lee's main cover, so we should be ok.

Think he'll link up with Penney now…

Holdsworth

Paid cash for Colbeck

Worthy paid off

Holdsworth paid off

JJ next?

Parker crap

There's only Furman who has proved a success so far from DPs time here and I'm positive DP didn't sign him.

So with Smalley and Purdie staying out on loan are we clearing the decks in time for the :censored: hitting the fan in the summer? Or are we wheeling and dealing to land that striker? :pray:

Kelvin Lomax next?

dont think the :censored: will hit the fab....i think were clearing the decks as these players are not in the managers plans and taking up wages...

smalleys out on loan probably with them paying his wages so i think deffo today we will sign a striker....

not many of the players are on long contracts so if the :censored: did hit the fan we wouldnt lose out so to speak...i think this is our year...stadium will get the go ahead and well be up...

Think he'll link up with Penney now…

Holdsworth

Paid cash for Colbeck

Worthy paid off

Holdsworth paid off

JJ next?

Parker crap

Kelvin Lomax next?

Not sure the contracts were paid off or if they were just ripped up to allow them to join another club as they have become free agents.

I'm a bit surprised at this as aside from those who are already in the team (Jones and Lee), he was our only centre-mid cover now Jarrett and Worthy have left (unless I'm missing someone glaringly obvious, or we have someone good in the ressies). We might be able to get someone in I suppose but that is not guaranteed.

The fact that he can play quite a few positions well enough in this league (as shown last season) makes me think he won't struggle to get a club. Plus whilst he is expensive his ability to play in a few positions means that he is not that bad value for money (1 wage instead of 3). However, since we have Winchester and Millar, who combined probably won't make half what Holdsworth used to make, to cover Holdsworth's two main positions means that for us he isn't great value (not to mention our other wingers).

IIRC he was involved in some japery behind the scenes last year so that's another possible asset, especially if a team is struggling for morale as it appears we were last season.

Not sure the contracts were paid off or if they were just ripped up to allow them to join another club as they have become free agents.

Even so they're still entitled to a pay-off apparently - according to Singe they are entitled to a minimum of 3 months. Of course it depends who instigated the cancellation of the contract but even though they knew they have another club lined up they can still hold out for a pay off. Exactly what David Reeves did before moving back to Chesterfield and a fair few others have done since TTA have been here. Of course we'd like to think they'd done the honourable thing and said, "Look it hasn't worked out for me, club x have offered me a deal if you rip up my contract…" However as we've often found out to our cost many footballers and agents are devoid of morals...

Edited by oafcprozac

Even so they're still entitled to a pay-off apparently - according to Singe they are entitled to a minimum of 3 months. Of course it depends who instigated the cancellation of the contract but even though they knew they have another club lined up they can still hold out for a pay. Exactly what David Reeves did before moving back to Chesterfield and one or two others have done since TTA have been here. Of course we'd like to think they'd done the honourable thing and said, "Look it hasn't worked out for me, club x have offered me a deal if you rip up my contract…" However as we've often found out to our cost many footballers and agents are devoid of morals...

Agreed, but I also dont think it is beyond the wit of even a footballer to know that we havent got any money.

Player - "I want to leave"

Latics - "OK then, good luck"

Player - "you need to pay up my contract (or at least 3 months, cos Singe said you have to)"

Latics - "Weve got no money to pay off players, sorry. You'll have to stay and fight for your place on the bench for the stiffs"

Player - "Sod this, I'm off. There's another club who actually wants me and I get chance to get goal/win/appearance money"

Latics - "OK, we'll agree to cancel (not terminate) your contract. Good Luck and make sure you score against us when you come back - everyone does"

Agreed, but I also dont think it is beyond the wit of even a footballer to know that we havent got any money.

Player - "you need to pay up my contract (or at least 3 months, cos Singe said you have to)"

Latics - "Weve got no money to pay off players, sorry. You'll have to stay and fight for your place on the bench for the stiffs"

Player - "Sod this, I'm off. There's another club who actually wants me and I get chance to get goal/win/appearance money"

Latics - "OK, we'll agree to cancel (not terminate) your contract. Good Luck and make sure you score against us when you come back - everyone does"

The wording on the official site has been 'terminate' so not sure whether that makes a difference?

I'm a bit surprised at this as aside from those who are already in the team (Jones and Lee), he was our only centre-mid cover now Jarrett and Worthy have left (unless I'm missing someone glaringly obvious, or we have someone good in the ressies). We might be able to get someone in I suppose but that is not guaranteed.

The fact that he can play quite a few positions well enough in this league (as shown last season) makes me think he won't struggle to get a club. Plus whilst he is expensive his ability to play in a few positions means that he is not that bad value for money (1 wage instead of 3). However, since we have Winchester and Millar, who combined probably won't make half what Holdsworth used to make, to cover Holdsworth's two main positions means that for us he isn't great value (not to mention our other wingers).

IIRC he was involved in some japery behind the scenes last year so that's another possible asset, especially if a team is struggling for morale as it appears we were last season.

White can play either wing, left back, wing back or centre mid

Lee can play anywhere in midfield or defence except centre half

Taylor can play either wing, centre mid or upfront

Evina can play left back or left mid

Alessandra wide mid or upfront

plus Millar and Morais

Im not going to lose any sleep over an average utility player leaving a treatment table free for someone else

plus Millar and Morais

Im not going to lose any sleep over an average utility player leaving a treatment table free for someone else

Yep

The wording on the official site has been 'terminate' so not sure whether that makes a difference?

I stand corrected. It does indeed state that the contract has been terminated, but I dont think he will have necessarily had a big pay out.

Exactly, a lot of players will realise that loads of players are going to be available at the end of the season as their contract runs out and is not renewed (for whatever reason). So standing out then is going to be very hard. If you can be released now, so you can join a club it means that although you might earn as much money as you were doing here you won't have the uncertainty of not actually having any money coming in possibly for a couple of months. Going a couple of months without pay is hard even for those earning what the likes of Holdsworth, Gregan and Worthy were earning.

I stand corrected. It does indeed state that the contract has been terminated, but I dont think he will have necessarily had a big pay out.

I hope not as neither deserved any sort of pay-off given their lack of service to the club. Having said that due to their lack of games and the esults when they actually played I don't think they've cost us a lot in bonuses over the last 18 months.

plus Millar and Morais

I didn't know White could play centre-mid. But like I said aside from those already in the team we are lacking cover in that area (I'm not counting Taylor as I think playing him centre-mid is wasteful because he isn't good there and he is very good elsewhere). Players already playing are more likely to pick up injuries and suspensions (especially as Furman has 7 bookings). It could be White goes straight into the team at RM, freeing up Jones to provide the CM cover. However, at some point in this season we had:

Stephens

Furman

Jones

Lee

Holdsworth

Worthy

Purdie

Jarrett

who could all play CM, and were all fit now we only have the top 4 and they were all playing in our last game leaving us light in cover.

Holdsworth - Gaffer I have the chance to go to club X, can we cancel/terminate my contract.

PD - OK Andy no problem you wern't going to play here anyway between now and the end of the season.

Holdsworth/Agent - Great. Now about Andy's settelement!!

AH - Settlement? Don't be silly you know weve got no money and need to clear the decks. Lets be blunt here boys. Andy's contract here is £A basic per annum, £B appearance money per match and £C win/draw bonus. He aint going to play here so he aint getting B or C and he's out of contract at the end of the season so won't be in the shop window. If he goes to club X he's going to get those appearance and bonus monies that we aren't paying. Your choice boys - Oh and did I mention he hasn't got a contract from July 1st onwards yet??

Holdworth/Agent - Fair enough, were off. Need to go and make a phone call.

Edited by Take That

Holdsworth - Gaffer I have the chance to go to club X, can we cancel/terminate my contract.

PD - OK Andy no problem you wern't going to play here anyway between now and the end of the season.

Holdsworth/Agent - Great. Now about Andy's settelement!!

AH - Settlement? Don't be silly you know weve got no money and need to clear the decks. Lets be blunt here boys. Andy's contract here is £A basic per annum, £B appearance money per match and £C win/draw bonus. He aint going to play here so he aint getting B or C and he's out of contract at the end of the season so won't be in the shop window. If he goes to club X he's going to get those appearance and bonus monies that we aren't paying. Your choice boys - Oh and did I mention he hasn't got a contract from July 1st onwards yet??

Holdworth/Agent - Fair enough, were off. Need to go and make a phone call.

So to summarise your point.....

A+B+C > A and A < A+B+C but under X, A+B+C ~ A

Unless I am mistaken :unsure: