After this very exciting transfer window and the magnificent backing that SC has given to the management team which he deserves credit for, i just hope that people get off their backsides, get down to boundary park and support this team because they fully deserve it.

I know there has been many topics on this but seeing how the club are doing and progessing since last year under Penney we should be getting bigger attendences.

The club are making the effort so, so should we!

After this very exciting transfer window and the magnificent backing that SC has given to the management team which he deserves credit for, i just hope that people get off their backsides, get down to boundary park and support this team because they fully deserve it.

I know there has been many topics on this but seeing how the club are doing and progessing since last year under Penney we should be getting bigger attendences.

The club are making the effort so, so should we!

Agreed. I'm concerned over how many players we will have at the end of the season. If we don't get promoted the budget will be drastically slashed, and most of the out of contract players will most certainly be offered better deals elsewhere.

where exactly?

Bang on.

"Hard" times are coming for the players. Money will not be splashed around like it was, to some degree, in the lower leagues. The prem will carry on n it's deluded world, but the lower leagues (incl the championship) will have to live in the real world.

When players are looking at e.g £1k or £1.1k a week, the wages difference might not count so much; the potential for promotion, the enthusiasm of a manager, the team spirit may begin to count like it once did. Money might not be the be-all and end-all that it has been for too many player over the past 15-20 years.

True, but we won't have the same budget next season, unless there is a drastic increase in support and sales in the shop.

and there will still be clubs with bigger budgets than us and we'll still lose hardly any of our squad, same as last season, and the season before.........................repeat to fade

The chairman's put his money in his pocket, the football's 100% better than last season, and the one thing that really frustrates me is the dwindling crowds- only four or five seasons ago we were getting 5-6,000 consistently and even with the recession and everything else it's sad to see them drop so much.

Just a thought, could be a total non-starter but why don't we offer extra public transport on matchdays, your football special if you like. They do this at grounds like Huddersfield and Leeds. Admittedly their gates are much bigger but would it help getting more punters through the door if we had special buses coming from neighbouring areas? Selling tickets/programmes on the bus might help too. Obviously they don't want to lose car park revenue but it'd make it easier for kids/teenagers to get there and more people might be encouraged to go if they could have drink.

As I say I'm sure there's probably a good financial reason for not doing it, but if they don't do it now, when we move to Failsworth they definitely should given its location.

easier said than done.

That's just you though. I'm sure there may be a few that can. Getting the stayaways to come back isn't easy but it'll make a huge difference. £17/18 (no VAT increase too!) to watch league 1 footy is quite reasonable compared to other teams now.

That's just you though. I'm sure there may be a few that can. Getting the stayaways to come back isn't easy but it'll make a huge difference. £17/18 (no VAT increase too!) to watch league 1 footy is quite reasonable compared to other teams now.

not really, people just dont seem to be interested. i brought about 6 7 mates to notts county game and not one has returned until rochdale game, people dont seem to be interested in likkle oldham.