Spread the Word

Yeah, sent off for the form! Hope i can get enough tokens between now and saturday!

You're maybe right, surely the club has done the maths. But you cant argue with the logic that cheaper prices means more people will turn up. The number of times i've heard people say, "i cant afford £20" or "£20 to see latics is too much". They might start going if you lower the ticket price.

Say you make about the same (more people, less per each ~ less people, more per each) The benefits come with a better atmosphere, more sales in pies and drinks etc... betting.

In a theoretical world at least :mmm:

Yeah, sent off for the form! Hope i can get enough tokens between now and saturday!

You're maybe right, surely the club has done the maths. But you cant argue with the logic that cheaper prices means more people will turn up. The number of times i've heard people say, "i cant afford £20" or "£20 to see latics is too much". They might start going if you lower the ticket price.

Say you make about the same (more people, less per each ~ less people, more per each) The benefits come with a better atmosphere, more sales in pies and drinks etc... betting.

In a theoretical world at least :mmm:

I agree but last season I got a free ticket and I still didn't go!

The only problem is that we aren't making enough money now so to reduce the prices will mean we lose even more. If we reduced prices to £10 then would need to double the attendance we are getting now to make the same money. If we reduced it to £15 then we would need a quarter more on the gates. It's not really possible right now.

Fans were paying £20 a few seasons ago, economy aside there's no reason fans wouldn't pay that again should the football be entertaining. They just need to be encouraged back.

I go to more away games than home. I can't afford to go as much as I'd like, buses from where I live to Oldham can take me well over an hour, I'd rather spend that on a train to X, Y or Z and have a good laugh - I see that as a day out and get my monies worth, not £40 to spend the day in Oldham.

it would have been money well spent last night and i'm sure it will be on Saturday too

Thanks J - very kind. Reality is once I've done the bus to Manchester and back out the otherside I've already spent an hour or so on the road. The 10 minutes on the 209 down to BP is the easier bit!

But I'll keep it in mind come playoff time! :wink: