Spread the Word

If we can't start picking attendances up over the rest of the season while performing for the majority of it like that, then quite frankly this town doesn't deserve a football club!

I totally agree! However, in my opinion the only thing that will now suitably improve attendances is either promotion or a new stadium! Also, It was first game in 6 months due to working down south - very impressed!

Edited by laticsmad

This team have started to gel and are playing some of the best football seen for a long time at Boundary Park. Onwards and upwards! We've got ourselves a fantastic manager in Dickov and for the first time I now think we've got a real chance of promotion this season.

I wouldn't expect a huge increase in attendances straight away but so long as they keep going up then that can only be good. We aren't going to add 2000 onto the gate on Saturday. If we can get upto over 4000 then I'd be happy with that for now.

What i dont get is that if we win on Saturday we will probably take tonights attendance to Huddersfield.

Look around the stand on the 12th, and see how many faces you dont recognise from home & away games this season...........it will make up a massive number.

Stay aways, mate's of mate's and people who just want to go on the piss and shout at Yorkshire folk will swell ours numbers.

You're right though, we'll take our attendance from tonight, i think 3000 plus for the Hudds game.....nought you can do about it either; many will be going to their only game of the seaon on the 12th (unless we reach the play-off final, then they'll be out again)

I go to more away games than home. I can't afford to go as much as I'd like, buses from where I live to Oldham can take me well over an hour, I'd rather spend that on a train to X, Y or Z and have a good laugh - I see that as a day out and get my monies worth, not £40 to spend the day in Oldham.

I've said this before... Reduce ticket prices?

We'd end up losing more money as a result. The Sun newspaper are doing a promotion for 2 tickets for £19.50 for the Dagenham and Peterborough games. Have you looked into that? HUGE saving!

I go to more away games than home. I can't afford to go as much as I'd like, buses from where I live to Oldham can take me well over an hour, I'd rather spend that on a train to X, Y or Z and have a good laugh - I see that as a day out and get my monies worth, not £40 to spend the day in Oldham.

You're more than welcome to get the bus to Hollinwood and jump in my car if it makes the difference in going or not going. It really does feel a shame that so many Latics fans are missing out on what's happening with the team right now. Without a doubt, and this is no exaggeration, this season I've seen the best football played by us on a whole in the last 15 years. The fact that the Southampton game aside, we've not failed to score since a 0-0 draw at home to Colchester back in October, and even that was a great game, says it all.

If it's genuine money issues, fair enough. And of course, people have their priorities. But I'm as skint as I've ever known myself to be (income gone slightly down since I took out my mortgage, petrol prices inctreasing to silly levels, wedding coming up in September) and at the moment I'm begging, borrowing and stealing what I can to make sure I see as much as I can. I just feel gutted my disposable income (Ha! what's that!?) levels aren't sufficiant enough for me to attend away games too!

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

same here, Bristol Rovers for me next, hopefully Huddersfield aswell ill have to see how my finances are

with a new job hopefully on the horizon, ill be there every week probably