Inspiral Carpets (the band) R.I.P.

Inspiral Carpets have split up. I know that won't come as a massive shock, they were hardly active, but they did tend to hit the road every two or three years. There was a band meeting a couple of weeks ago to discuss an autumn tour and even a new single but, for whatever reason, they have decided to call it a day.

I will never forget that night at Shepherds Bush Empire, with Latics fans everywhere (Diego and Lady Diego upstairs due to leeslover), after we had been beaten three-nil at Luton in the afternoon.

Inspiral Carpets have split up.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please help me take away the pain!!!!

Stuff anything else, this is up there with some of the worst news I have ever heard! Even more than finding the real reason John Peel died !!!

On a lighter note, I got a drum stick from that gig, unfortunately Diego had no chance of catching it :lol:

Throwing my Latics scarf from the second tier at SB many moons ago goes down as one of my best nights. A techie ran on to remove it off the stage, before he could escape Graham grabbed it off him and lay it across his amp mid-song. Somehow they found me after the gig and invited to get rather drunk backstage with them afterwards ....

Inspiral Carpets have split up. I know that won't come as a massive shock, they were hardly active, but they did tend to hit the road every two or three years. There was a band meeting a couple of weeks ago to discuss an autumn tour and even a new single but, for whatever reason, they have decided to call it a day.

I will never forget that night at Shepherds Bush Empire, with Latics fans everywhere (Diego and Lady Diego upstairs due to leeslover), after we had been beaten three-nil at Luton in the afternoon.

I thought it was four or five.

Leeslover and I decided Luton never happened and just went to the gig - and the messy after-party shenanigans in Brixton. :wink:

I will never forget that night at Shepherds Bush Empire, with Latics fans everywhere (Diego and Lady Diego upstairs due to leeslover….

… I got a drum stick from that gig, unfortunately Diego had no chance of catching it :lol:

As if I wasn’t dejected enough at the moment. Leeslover has apologised and I thought we’d moved on, but you wouldn’t let it lie. This is how it feels when you're dragging me down. B)

The plot thickens. I've just spoken to Graham Lambert and whilst he is aware that Tom Hingley has announced a split, he knows nothing of it. They had apparently been discussing playing some festivals, as recently as this week...

It must be a day for confusion and disarray.

Tom Hingley was supporting the Labour candidate in the recent election. Perhaps he's thinking of forming the Tom Hingley Experience. :wink:

I thought it was four or five.

Leeslover and I decided Luton never happened and just went to the gig - and the messy after-party shenanigans in Brixton. :wink:

I thought it was a lot more than 3 goals! Great night after though.

The plot thickens. I've just spoken to Graham Lambert and whilst he is aware that Tom Hingley has announced a split, he knows nothing of it. They had apparently been discussing playing some festivals, as recently as this week...

It must be a day for confusion and disarray.

Please I can't take this anymoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I don't think I will ever remember much of it... I have hazy recollections of spending several hours wandering around Brixton trying to find a night bus. And of course I remember Diego sitting on his comfy chair with his flask of Ovaltine and a nice warm blanket on his knee, tapping his feet along to the muic under the impression that it was Bill Haley and the Comets.

The game did finish 3-0. I had to check, for fear that my memory was fading.

I had a dream that the young keeper from Shef Wed played for us at Luton, Rubes got sent off just after I told Mr Tulse that he never put a foot wrong and that we played like a team of stoned cybermen throughout the second half. But it never actually happened.