Huddersfield are in a League Above Oldham

Couldn't help notice at how well run Huddersfield Town appear to be compared to ourselves.

Great stadium aside from the match programme, to outside the ground stalls to buy merchandise, and PA inside the ground. Huddersfield leave us miles behind and make Oldham look decades behind.

It was sad to see what we are not.

Thankfully on the pitch we could match them!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't help notice at how well run Huddersfield Town appear to be compared to ourselves.

Great stadium aside from the match programme, to outside the ground stalls to buy merchandise, and PA inside the ground. Huddersfield leave us miles behind and make Oldham look decades behind.

It was sad to see what we are not.

Thankfully on the pitch we could match them!

As do alot of other clubs sadly

Whjilst on the pitch we are making rapid progress towards being a championship quality team, off the field we are a million miles away.

Sadly though, due to the more pressing problems at hand, this will probably get swept under the carpet.

It's a viscous circle we are in : due to our extremely poor attendances we just don't have enough money to splash around on marketing and improving facilities and services. Catch 22. If we had well over 10k every game we too would be able to speculate to accumulate.

It's a viscous circle we are in : due to our extremely poor attendances we just don't have enough money to splash around on marketing and improving facilities and services. Catch 22. If we had well over 10k every game we too would be able to speculate to accumulate.

Cutting back all the time on staff and services mean a further reduction on activity and sales. No commercial director again at the club? If there is I've not heard anything.

Time we got new owners in who are looking to grow the club. I don't believe we have those owners at the moment and are looking maximising their own finances than that of are own.

I don't think the current owners have the clubs best interests at heart anymore.

You're right Macca, they really are an excellently run club.

I lived in Huddersfield from for a few years for Uni & couldn't help but notice this, from the effective & slick advertising campaigns they undertake to promote games & offers to the well stocked but modestly sized shop in the town centre.

I believe a lot of this is down to a certain Sean Jarvis. Its a shame we don't/didn't have the money (or even dare I say commitment) to do any of this whole heartedly during or since his time at the club.

It was the small stuff.

Programme in your face both sides of the turnstile (income income income).

PA - lively and enthusiastic (and audible in the stand).

Half Time Draw - not just a half time draw but a rolling jackpot that grows week after week.

Half Time Food - they've solved the running out of hot food problem ... they don't sell it until half time!

Shame they dragged us down to their level on the pitch.

To be honest I go to watch latics for the football as opposed to anything else. Yes they have bigger stadium, bigger attendances, better PA but they also have a bigger wage budget yet twice we have shown this season they are not better than us and certainly aint a league above us!

On the pitch they aren't. Off the pitch they are and while it's the results that matter, off the field activity helps a great deal in getting those results.

To be honest I go to watch latics for the football as opposed to anything else. Yes they have bigger stadium, bigger attendances, better PA but they also have a bigger wage budget yet twice we have shown this season they are not better than us and certainly aint a league above us!

agree 100% there pal. could have a big fooking fancy stadium and still be :censored:e on the pitch where it matters, carnt win promotion with a big ground.

agree 100% there pal. could have a big fooking fancy stadium and still be :censored:e on the pitch where it matters, carnt win promotion with a big ground.

It helps you attract and buy the better players to get you the promotion though. You need the right manager to get those players. Imagine what Dickov could do with Huddersfield, with their funds?

It helps you attract and buy the better players to get you the promotion though. You need the right manager to get those players. Imagine what Dickov could do with Huddersfield, with their funds?

just look a scunny, blackpool, colchester ( when they was at layer road ) shows you dont need a big stadium etc to get promoted.

On the pitch they aren't. Off the pitch they are and while it's the results that matter, off the field activity helps a great deal in getting those results.

Yeh but we could do whatever we want but we wouldn't pull in attendances like that in league 1. They don't have the likes of United and City on their doorsteps.

I agree they are well run, but think that goes beyond the club, their council support them, they have a super league rugby team that also helps. I dont care how well run we were I dont believe we'd match em

what a total waste of a topic!!!!

if you've got nothing to say but slag latics off and big up huddersfield then keep your opinions to yourself.....as if theres not enough boom and gloom around latics at the minute!!!

Why? Are topics on ration?

just look a scunny, blackpool, colchester ( when they was at layer road ) shows you dont need a big stadium etc to get promoted.

You don't need it no.

This thread isn't about winning promotion, it's not really about football, it's about the business side of things, it's about how better run Huddersfield are than ourselves. They maximise opportunities and we dont.

Off the field Huddersfield look like a throughly professional and enthusiastic football club, we are a long, long way from being the same.

if you've got nothing to say but slag latics off and big up huddersfield then keep your opinions to yourself.....as if theres not enough boom and gloom around latics at the minute!!!

With the greatest respect, if there is something that Latics could do better I think it's worthy of discussion.

Huddersfield are slicker off the pitch than Latics. Some of those things cost money. But many of them don't - they are cost free and could be positively adopted to improve the experience of visiting Boundary Park for a football match.

Many of the things Huddersfield do could be replicated by Latics. That isn't bigging up Huddersfield. That's a statement of opportunity for Latics.

He does have a point! Why start slaggin off the club when we have just taken an away point off a club with a wage budget that is miles bigger than our own!

Because I'm not talking about the point we got. This is something entirely different.

If you want to talk about the game and the performance here's the link for it Post Match: Huddersfield Vs. Latics

Edited by Macca

who is slagging off latics ? yeah there is alot of negativity around latics and who wouldnt be after the week we have had ! by the way i think the saying is doom and gloom not boom and gloom.

You don't need it no.

This thread isn't about winning promotion, it's not really about football, it's about the business side of things, it's about how better run Huddersfield are than ourselves. They maximise opportunities and we dont.

Off the field Huddersfield look like a throughly professional and enthusiastic football club, we are a long, long way from being the same.

but then again they have a very rich owner, a council who backs them, they dont have two of the worlds biggest club next to them.

but then again they have a very rich owner, a council who backs them, they dont have two of the worlds biggest club next to them.

Those are all just excuses. With the right people in place we can replicate what Huddersfield do.