Yeah Scunny are odds on to go down this season; but what you rather do? Sign for a side who have a future; short & long term; who will be playing in L1 next season (most likely) or turn it down and stay with us with the very real possibility of not getting wages paid on time again, an uncertain short & long term future; (hopefully) L1 football with a general mood of downbeat & defeated? Plus; we were still in the playoff hunt in January – weren’t not anymore; so that i think plays a massive part in any future move too.....

2 + 2 and coming up with 5; but i’d say he’s a goner – be it to Scunny or elsewhere........

I'd stop at Oldham knowing that there is a very real possibility of my contract being breached soon and will be able to get a huge signing on fee which would otherwise have been part of my transfer fee.

• 2 weeks later...

Should have sold him in January. We needed the money then, need it even more now. We're a selling club. No more keeping players to push for promotion, it's not happened since 1990. If we need to sell then do it and get the best price.

I can accept this.

I don't think the time was right to sell him in January. The team was playing well and it looked like selling him then would mean we were losing a crucial piece of our promotion jigsaw.

However, I think we should now sell him and sell him fast. When he's good, he's very good - unfortunately he doesn't do it on a regular basis. Maybe teams have worked him out or perhaps he's being played out of position. Either way, I think his career, if he stays at Latics is only going to go one way.

He's served his time here and deserves a shot at a higher level. He wants his head read if he wants to stay at Latics. He would be doing the club a bigger favour in going than staying. The summer's definitely the time for him to leave, with all our best wishes.