I think Trotman will have to improve drastically over the next few weeks if he is to earn a contract beyond the end of the season. I can't decide whether he has gone backwards as a player or he has a fitness issue...he's certainly got a Greganesque rear end and I think losing a few pounds would help the cause.

If we are still solvent next season I think Dickov will make a move to sign M'voto on a permanent deal so I would think Todd will not have his contract renewed. With Tarkowski and Macdonald waiting in the wings Trotman could be surplus as well.

Opinions anyone?

I think Trotman will have to improve drastically over the next few weeks if he is to earn a contract beyond the end of the season. I can't decide whether he has gone backwards as a player or he has a fitness issue...he's certainly got a Greganesque rear end and I think losing a few pounds would help the cause.

If we are still solvent next season I think Dickov will make a move to sign M'voto on a permanent deal so I would think Todd will not have his contract renewed. With Tarkowski and Macdonald waiting in the wings Trotman could be surplus as well.

Opinions anyone?

I dont think he will be offered a deal.

Especially looking at Dickovs recent comments on the website praising Mvoto and Rubes and then critisising our recent defending.

A couple of things

1) He is only on loan at the moment.

2) Think a permanent deal will be way beyond what we will be able to offer in wages next season.

Yes, he is on loan, but do you think he will be offered a permanent deal for next year?

The way he has played since his return would suggest that the wages wouldn't be a problem, I don't think clubs are going to be queuing up to sign him and player clearly needs to get his career back on track.

He hasn't played much first team football this season so with a good pre-season under his belt do you think he could he get back to where he once was?

Yes, he is on loan, but do you think he will be offered a permanent deal for next year?

The way he has played since his return would suggest that the wages wouldn't be a problem, I don't think clubs are going to be queuing up to sign him and player clearly needs to get his career back on track.

He hasn't played much first team football this season so with a good pre-season under his belt do you think he could he get back to where he once was?

No I don't, but for financial reasons. Next season the budget will HAVE to be brought in line with the gate receipts. Bottom six average attendance will mean a bottom six budget.

I'd love to see Neal signed up permanently (if we have a future), whilst he isn't yet back to the form that we may be blue-tinting a little he is still a young kid with the right attributes that we could build our defence around for years. He's tried the greener grass but seen that it isn't always greener plus if we were to sign him then we've done ok cash wish on the deal.

He's still learning the game, he's not even had 100 pro games yet and we're talking about him as if he is an established Championship centreback. Like most of our squad, cut him a bit of slack, enjoy his good bits and hope he learns from his mistakes because like the rest of our team he s doing a lot of learning at the mo.

We might be struggling in front of goal and our manager is almost down to the wearing a suit, staying at a hotel, a night at the dogs, pie and pea supper, getting a witch doctor in or having a pee on each corner flag in an attempt to get us scoring again but he too needs time to figure out how to get us to find the back of the net again.

I hate the phrase but KtF, In Dickov we trust.

I'd love to see Neal signed up permanently (if we have a future), whilst he isn't yet back to the form that we may be blue-tinting a little he is still a young kid with the right attributes that we could build our defence around for years. He's tried the greener grass but seen that it isn't always greener plus if we were to sign him then we've done ok cash wish on the deal.

He's still learning the game, he's not even had 100 pro games yet and we're talking about him as if he is an established Championship centreback. Like most of our squad, cut him a bit of slack, enjoy his good bits and hope he learns from his mistakes because like the rest of our team he s doing a lot of learning at the mo.

We might be struggling in front of goal and our manager is almost down to the wearing a suit, staying at a hotel, a night at the dogs, pie and pea supper, getting a witch doctor in or having a pee on each corner flag in an attempt to get us scoring again but he too needs time to figure out how to get us to find the back of the net again.

I hate the phrase but KtF, In Dickov we trust.

the money side would have to be right...and i think his attitude will have to be right....not doubting he has talent...however barring his first couple of games back he has been very average...and in most games looks very laboured and lazy,and makes lazy passes....and poor decisions.....has he missed hazell??? probably...

your correct scoring is a massive problem to solve..but its becoming very apparent defending is just as big an issue now..we cant score and we cant keep them out...

Agreed near enough with most comments on here he cleary aint the same player he once was, but then i was not expecting him to be either. Seems injuries and been sent out on loan has took there toll. But in the long run am sure if he did get the deal and established himself he would proberly improve alot.

Wasnt it Stefan Stam who he played along side in his 19 games with us previously? he came in for an injured Gregan didnt he?

[/did they not play together at Kettering in the cup, be amazed if stam playing 19 games on the trot he was always injuryed

Couldnt possibly be due to the fact that he hadnt played first team football for 6 months before re-joining us on loan then being asked to play 15 games in 62 days?

He hadn't played first team football at all the last time he came into the side but he didn't do too badly though did he? The lad is 25 not 35 and should be naturally fit...there's no excuses for piling on the pounds.

He's nowhere near the player that we sold and apart from a fitness problem his concentration levels have also suffered. His contract at Preston will end in May and I reckon he would be more than happy to sign for us on much reduced terms.

If he wants a big future in the game he will have to prove he's good enough all over again....we shall see!!

He hadn't played first team football at all the last time he came into the side but he didn't do too badly though did he? The lad is 25 not 35 and should be naturally fit...there's no excuses for piling on the pounds.

He's nowhere near the player that we sold and apart from a fitness problem his concentration levels have also suffered. His contract at Preston will end in May and I reckon he would be more than happy to sign for us on much reduced terms.

If he wants a big future in the game he will have to prove he's good enough all over again....we shall see!!

he's 23.. 22 games in 153 days when he made his break through with us.. this season - 1 game ever 3 days or so.. 07-08 season in his break through season - 1 game every 7 days or so..

big difference..