Make bones about it, we're in a dog-fight

Now only 7 points clear of the drop. No win in 10 and only 3 goals and three points from those ten.

Today's Positives:-

we battled hard and at times played some really good stuff. We pressured Brighton and won the ball back on numerous occasions. Young Tarky was superb and my MOM, and I though Reid looked much more of a threat in put himself about more than he has done previously.

The Negatives:-

Yet again, Captain Fookwit's hesitancy has cost us points. Awful. White, anonymous and has been for weeks, looks like he wants to be anywhere but a football field at the moment. Morais - I know a lot of you love him on here, but time and again he's pissfannying about when the final pass is on. Drop him and you'll see a difference in our tempo. We were the better side today but our reluctance to shoot and our inability to fashion chances in the box are costing us. I find it ridiculous that we have a player like Smalley (who has been crap for us mostly) put in quality ball after quality ball last night and we're persisting with a young kid from Leeds that really needs to back at his parent club. The only way we are going to score is a penalty or a screamer, teams know we will huff and puff for an hour then are clueless…

Brill - Nothing to do, another goal hit across him. may have just been a good finish - 6

Lee - Good games, pushed on and defended well - 6

Rubes - Cost us teh game, with his dilly and dallying…talks a good game but has let us down again. Fuming at him after the effort the rest of the lads put in!!!! - 3

Tarkowski - Won't be here long, one iffy moment but recovered well, won headers and brought it out of defence superbly - 9 (MOM)

Black - Decent enough at both ends of the pitch - 6

Morais - Infuriating, overdoes it and lost it time and time again. No end product today at all and his goal v Sheff Wed apart should be on the bench - 5

Stephens - Thought he was superb in tandem with Furball before they both tired, looked our main prober. His set-pieces were crap! - 8

Furman - Tackled his arse off, won it back time and again. Tired. - 8

White - Anonymous, the game's up lad. Pisspoor effort from him. Simply didn't look arsed. - 3

Reid - Held it up well, but a hesitancy to shoot possibly cost him at least one goal. -6

Brooke - In and out of the game. Looked off the pace but give him some service for Christsake! - 5

All in all i'm disappointed at Dickov's inability to see fit to return to the wide players we used earlier in the season. The inconsistency only arrived once White and Morais became fixtures, it's great to watch when things are going well but we're in a ten match hellish run where we've no idea where our next win is coming from. If all else fails go back to what has served us so well…very disconsolate tonight. I hope Saints don't get dicked or I may well be suicidal….

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morais - I know a lot of you love him on here, but time and again he's pissfannying about when the final pass is on. Drop him and you'll see a difference in our tempo.

You mean drop him and and have pretty much no creative outlet whatsoever? It's always the case, club goes on a bad run and supposed luxury players then get the brunt of the criticism. Morais was by far and away our best player for 60 minutes, and had a brilliant run which was nearly toepoked in, as well as a wonderful dinked cross which was begging to be nodded home at the back post.

I agree with a lot you say Paul, but to say someone dropping Morais would be the answer to up our tempo some? Beggers belief that one I think.

Was he ? Hmm doubt it no end product what so ever you can have all the fancy tricks in the world but with no end product it worth nout

Why do people always flippantly quote this? No end product? What, he's supposed to score every match is he? He's scored four goals since he came here and set a few more up which for a midfielder, ain't too shoddy.

Was he ? Hmm doubt it no end product what so ever you can have all the fancy tricks in the world but with no end product it worth nout

first half pld some good passes made a few crosses by taking on 2 players also made the keeper make 2 decent saves one of them he taken on 3 players was any of you at the game ?

Why do people always flippantly quote this? No end product? What, he's supposed to score every match is he? He's scored four goals since he came here and set a few more up which for a midfielder, ain't too shoddy.

No not at all but if a player is in a better position and the pass is on then pass it. Happened a few times today and he decided to dance about. Simply not good enough

I'd like to see the stats with him in the team and without him - we've lost a lot more games with him in the team. Yes, he's good to watch (at times) but he's played in every game on this 10 match winless and mostly scoreless run. The guy's a liability away from home and leaves us exposed time and time again by not tracking back. He's not what we need in a relegation battle...

No not at all but if a player is in a better position and the pass is on then pass it. Happened a few times today and he decided to dance about. Simply not good enough

You mean like when he tapped a perfect ball through to kieran lee who took too long to catch on, but got there, but didn't make the most of his ball into the 6 yd box? (this is not a criticism of Lee btw)

Hmm, no end product - Reid, Brooke, Tounkara and M'voto - no end product from any of the strikers. Add White, Furman and Stephens from midfield too if you like.

I'd like to see the stats with him in the team and without him - we've lost a lot more games with him in the team. Yes, he's good to watch (at times) but he's played in every game on this 10 match winless and mostly scoreless run. The guy's a liability away from home and leaves us exposed time and time again by not tracking back. He's not what we need in a relegation battle...

You're the stats man mate! Of course, we need big grafters when you're down at the bottom. Roll your sleeves up son, show them tattoos off. Pump it into row Z... Nooooo not the third row, ROW ZED!!!!

Yes, he's been the side on this winless run, but so has Keiron Lee. And Paul Black. And Reid. But I know what I saw today and what I saw was Morais was one of our best players, probably the best player behind Tarky and arguably Furman. You're just looking for a fall guy, and Morais immediately stands out because he's got the fancy feet and TEH SKILLZ.

Let's not be too despondant, we matched and probably bettered the champions elect today. One mistake cost us dearly, and a pretty naive front pair.

You mean drop him and and have pretty much no creative outlet whatsoever? It's always the case, club goes on a bad run and supposed luxury players then get the brunt of the criticism. Morais was by far and away our best player for 60 minutes, and had a brilliant run which was nearly toepoked in, as well as a wonderful dinked cross which was begging to be nodded home at the back post.

I agree with a lot you say Paul, but to say someone dropping Morais would be the answer to up our tempo some? Beggers belief that one I think.

We was scoring plenty before we got Morais.. So we do have creative outlet.. He is good a player, but he isnt a 90 minute player. Still think Jones and Alice for a game or two on the wings again, looked more solid and played it along the floor more, doing the basics right before any sort of fancy stuff. Not a criticism of Morais btw.

It was Tarkowski's fault for the goal. He let his man run and just assumed Rubes would take him. Rubes' man was Murray who was coming back from offside, Tarkowski had the scorer and completely lost concentration letting him run right across to pick up the ball. Maybe Rubes should have been shouting and a little more alert but for me if tarks stays with his man, we don't concede. Apart from that he looked really good though.

There is one player in the squad who is not currently starting games.

The win ratio when he does start is significantly higher than when he doesn't.

Same under Shez and Dickov.

While Lewis Alessandra is by no means a one man team, his ability to take pressure off the central pair, allowing them to get in to more attacking positions, is something that doesn't seem to be valued at present.

He also put over a couple of brilliant crosses and played Lee in perfectly to get to the byline, one man can only do so much.

A few, but if someone got on the end of one of the crosses he put in or if Lee had found someone with his cut back would we be complaining about Morais wasting the odd chance to give the ball to someone else? Bottom line is he's scored 4 since he's been here (unlucky not to have more as well) and probably has as many assists as anyone else in that period. If anyone needs dropping it's White, at the moment we're playing with one flank.

A few, but if someone got on the end of one of the crosses he put in or if Lee had found someone with his cut back would we be complaining about Morais wasting the odd chance to give the ball to someone else? Bottom line is he's scored 4 since he's been here (unlucky not to have more as well) and probably has as many assists as anyone else in that period. If anyone needs dropping it's White, at

the moment we're playing with one flank.

I have already said send White back and bring smalley back

So get rid of Morais as well though even though he's scored goals and is still creating chances?

haha yes lets punish him for being creative for scoring the odd goal for making chances for strikers or any midfield player to score i say a shooting at dawn

Edited by qwerty