• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest i can see why they made a point of it. If they choose to film a game and someone is caught swearing during it, tough titties. Not the same as someone making a point of being filmed swearing. Oh, and phil, in attempting to make something like language subject to logic, you are a course to ruin. Google, "constructivist rationalism," when you have a spare month, there's a good chap ;)

The FA have set a precedent now , and they must do the same in future to players and coaching staff

I should hope they do. And that's what I keep telling the Reds who keep on whinging and spouting this same line - as if Rooney's been hard done by. He's been let off lightly in my book.

I can't recall anyone doing what Rooney has ( swearing aggressively, unprovoked, right into a camera ) before, and getting away with it.

What is annoying me, are the comparisons some are making between what Rooney did and players generally swearing on the pitch. Both are unacceptable, but incomparable and worthy of different punishments.

Edited by Yard Dog