Playershare news

The playershare fund as had some great news recently as you'll be aware via this site and the OS with new big contributions from OAFC-LOVER and Mark at the rifle range. Along with a few others also getting involved and given a monthly pledge by standing order.

Last night I was told of a guy (not sure if he wants any limelight yet so I will withhold the name) who wanted to get involved and do his bit. The last home game sold Latics pin badges and raised hundreds of reddies. This is something we are gonna run with in future. So if you want to obtain the whole set as these various badges come out, you know what to do, drop me a PM.

Yes, I know am talking to the converted if you're a member of this board however, if you're not a current standing order person and want to get on board PM for a standing order form. If you want some Standing order forms to hand to people you know who want to be involved, again PM me. All the monies raised goes direct to PD as and when he wants it and it's available, nowhere else. Which means there is a tangible return for your hard earned cash out on the pitch for you all to see and hopefully enjoy.

Cheers Lags.

Thats right Lags another individual is stumping up 100 a month ( fishuil site should have this on soon ) so thats 3 in a week , and another individual has come up with a fantastic idea of selling pin badges that up until now have been blue but now tangerine silver and gold ones are on order so they should be available soon....BUT....... its still staggering that only 50-60 people out of our 3-4000 fan base have joined up for the Player Share for whatever reason and my personal opinion is that people didnt get involved cos of its links to the Trust , but now the right people ARE involved with it so lets make a REAL difference and every £ you can afford to donate really IS used by P.D. and after speaking to him at last nights Player Awards i can confirm he really does appreciate every single bit of effort made by us and it allows him to look at players that perhaps he wouldnt usually have been able to afford.

So come on lets get a few hundred involved in either donating directly or buying the badges and lets see a few more players like Evina and Morais partially financed by us!!

Keep it going. Even if it's a slow build from 40 to 50 and on to 60 it's money that can gradually gather real purchasing power.

If you're not in it - join!

If you are in it - head to your online banking and increase your standing order if you can (an extras £5, £1, 50p, or whatever).

In it or not, you can all support the scheme by using the PlayerShare WebShop when you buy stuff on t'internet.

Edited by opinions4u

Its only fair that the bloke responsible for the fantastic idea of pin badges sold for player share should get all the accolades and having just spoke to him now hes happy to be identified as owtb username "anotherfan " , so fair play to the fella for coming up with the idea and lets hope its a real money spinner for the playershare.

Only 50-60 people??

Your right Mike, even from our own poor attendances of 3,000 that's bad.

Any ideas of how we can push this/promote this further guys? Is it too late for the last game of the season to have the application forms at the turnstyles, the bookies, the pie counter, the beer counter?

Hell, I will even stand outside the club shop if I need to and hand these out but with clothes on before anyone decides to edit my post.....grin.gif

What about the player/fans match too?

Can we not organise something over summer worlds biggest BBQ on clayton etc.

we really need some promoting but I am not the greatest on ideas.

Dare we sit down in a beer garden and come up with some suggestions?

Only 50-60 people??

Your right Mike, even from our own poor attendances of 3,000 that's bad.

Any ideas of how we can push this/promote this further guys? Is it too late for the last game of the season to have the application forms at the turnstyles, the bookies, the pie counter, the beer counter?

Hell, I will even stand outside the club shop if I need to and hand these out but with clothes on before anyone decides to edit my post.....grin.gif

What about the player/fans match too?

Can we not organise something over summer worlds biggest BBQ on clayton etc.

we really need some promoting but I am not the greatest on ideas.

Dare we sit down in a beer garden and come up with some suggestions?

Every idea and every bit of effort is more than welcome Tracy and close season is just as important so lets get a few ideas kicking around ( although can we leave the cream sodas till AFTER we have discussed the ideas or we might get a few "blurred" ones :)

Excellent... I love it when a plan comes to together..... Beer garden it is. I will be Miss secretary and make notes.

We can even kick it off by getting some feedback/ideas on the booze bus to Swindon on Sat.

Is to late to get some buckets on the go for the last home game? Loose change can mount up.

Get me in the new away kit and if the weather is good I will walk around the pitch at half time or before the game shaking my bucket

Chance to promote the new kit and get some dosh in a bucket too.

Excellent... I love it when a plan comes to together..... Beer garden it is. I will be Miss secretary and make notes.

We can even kick it off by getting some feedback/ideas on the booze bus to Swindon on Sat.

Is to late to get some buckets on the go for the last home game? Loose change can mount up.

Get me in the new away kit and if the weather is good I will walk around the pitch at half time or before the game shaking my bucket

Chance to promote the new kit and get some dosh in a bucket too.

Good idea but think it should be run through the Trust, they're the ones running this scheme.

The playershare fund as had some great news recently as you'll be aware via this site and the OS with new big contributions from OAFC-LOVER and Mark at the rifle range. Along with a few others also getting involved and given a monthly pledge by standing order.

Last night I was told of a guy (not sure if he wants any limelight yet so I will withhold the name) who wanted to get involved and do his bit. The last home game sold Latics pin badges and raised hundreds of reddies. This is something we are gonna run with in future. So if you want to obtain the whole set as these various badges come out, you know what to do, drop me a PM.

Yes, I know am talking to the converted if you're a member of this board however, if you're not a current standing order person and want to get on board PM for a standing order form. If you want some Standing order forms to hand to people you know who want to be involved, again PM me. All the monies raised goes direct to PD as and when he wants it and it's available, nowhere else. Which means there is a tangible return for your hard earned cash out on the pitch for you all to see and hopefully enjoy.

Cheers Lags.

Nice one lags

If you could PM me when in a position to make anyt announcements and I will make sure I get it up on the Trust website.

Any 'marketing' campaign for Playershare should solely be based on 'if you can afford it and want to contribute, feel free to do so.'

Guilt tripping/'forcing' people into it just won't work.

I am not saying it will, but beyond our sphere on here and snippets from the official site, how many of those who attend a match day actually are aware of this scheme?

Are there posters in the club shop? On the wall at the ticket office? Big write up in the local rag? Advert about buying on line that opinions has set up too?

we need to get the message out there more and I don't think loose change in a bucket will kill anyone, in fact it may make those who can't regulary contribute feel they have done so

Do you have nay ideas oh masked one?

Good idea but think it should be run through the Trust, they're the ones running this scheme.

That is exactly what it isn't. Playershare is a totally separate fund of money away from the trust with a totally separate committee. The committee is purely academic really in that the fund belongs to PD, and PD alone in reality and provided by the contributors.

Zorro, that's a given. If it's affordable and seen as a great way to get tangible rewards out on the pitch in terms of enjoyment.

It IS run through the trust macca but a very seperate part of it solely for Player Share ,and now there are new people with new ideas involved combined with some present members like opinions4u who come up with cracking ideas , the time is right to kick on and make it the success it should be !!

Edited by oafc-lover

That is exactly what it isn't. Playershare is a totally separate fund of money away from the trust with a totally separate committee. The committee is purely academic really in that the fund belongs to PD, and PD alone in reality and provided by the contributors.

Zorro, that's a given. If it's affordable and seen as a great way to get tangible rewards out on the pitch in terms of enjoyment.

Thanks for clearing this up Lags.

Can you give us an overview/process of how this works from when the fans money hits the account to who actually release the funds to PD when he asks for it? Who is involved?

thanks again

In my opinion leaflets given out at the turnstile dont work, It has lost its impact being done too often in the past.

Suggest a distributor at the turnstile (who also has chance to answer questions may be a better bet)

Also a flyer in the programme?

Edit - Also get people to sign uo while they are there

Edited by another fan

Thanks for clearing this up Lags.

Can you give us an overview/process of how this works from when the fans money hits the account to who actually release the funds to PD when he asks for it? Who is involved?

thanks again

You'll need to speak to takemeanywhere on here. I think he has all the details on money coming in etc.

In my opinion leaflets given out at the turnstile dont work, It has lost its impact being done too often in the past.

Suggest a distributor at the turnstile (who also has chance to answer questions may be a better bet)

Also a flyer in the programme?

Edit - Also get people to sign uo while they are there

I don't mind volunteering but I can't cover all the ground....grin.gif

I'm good but not that good. I will also need a proper brief on how it works so I can answer these types of questions. It might be too late for next sat but its a good idea and time to arrange for the pre-season games.

and now there are new people with new ideas involved combined with some present members like opinions4u who come up with cracking ideas , the time is right to kick on and make it the success it should be !!

Ta.

An idea stolen from somebody I used to work with, but I'll take the credit!

In the end, it's a small contribution in the great scheme of things and is unlikely to match any individual who is giving £100 a month of their own money. Income from the PlayerShare WebShop at the moment is modest but it's better than nothing and it is easy to use. I haven't tarted it around other messageboards although I probably should (but I spend to much time on here as it is and Mrs o4u would have grounds for divorce if my interwebs time increases :gin: ).

I like the BBQ idea though - you could probably buy some of the stuff through PlayerShare WebShop!

Edited by opinions4u

Don't get me wrong, I'm not poo-pooing the scheme. It's fine. If people are able and willing to contribute, that's grand. If the number of people able and willing is only 50-60 then so be it. Of course, it should still be 'advertised' on a pretty regular basis, but you shouldn't fall into the trap of suggesting people aren't proper fans if they don't/can't contribute. I'm not saying you will, I was just offering some advice that you are free to disregard if you deem it appropriate. I certainly wouldn't be offended; it wouldn't be the first time I'd been ignored and it definitely won't be the last.