Ancelotti sacked

Only just noticed this news - ridiculous.

I'm shocked he has actually done it; but not shocked he's sacked yet another manager if that makes sense? :blink:

struck me as a decent bloke; one of the 'nice guys' in football has Carlo - and I think the way he has handled himself whilst it was becoming pretty apparent that Roman was getting itchy trigger finger again has been nothing short of top-notch.

Hope he finds a new club asap - and that club dumps Chelski out of Roman's beloved Champs League at the 1st available opportunity!

Only just noticed this news - ridiculous.

doesnt surprise me , he haf Drogba and Malouda banging them in and firing on all cyclinders , then he drops them for Torres and Kalou , then Benayoun. He team selections and formations were bobbins in the end .

Although Roman shouldnt have let him spend £50 million on Torres I'd sack him if he was my manager .

Abramhovic is right to sack him. He put his money in - he can do what he likes

Course he can, whether that makes it right, I'm not so sure. But Chelsea, after an admittedly crap start to the season where they looked like they'd be lucky to finish in the top four for a while, put together a great run to claw back an eighteen(?) point deficit on United and very nearly took the title to the wire.

As for punishing him for Torres, I reckon that was probably Abramovich's signing.

Given the form they showed in the second half of the season, I think it's an odd, but not unexpected, decision.

Course he can, whether that makes it right, I'm not so sure. But Chelsea, after an admittedly crap start to the season where they looked like they'd be lucky to finish in the top four for a while, put together a great run to claw back an eighteen(?) point deficit on United and very nearly took the title to the wire.

As for punishing him for Torres, I reckon that was probably Abramovich's signing.

Given the form they showed in the second half of the season, I think it's an odd, but not unexpected, decision.

Crap start? They flew out of the traps. They won their first 5, and their first 2 they won 6-0. By the end of October they were 5 points clear at the top. It was the middle of the season, right after they (Abramovich) fired Wilkins off, that they slumped badly.

Crap start? They flew out of the traps. They won their first 5, and their first 2 they won 6-0. By the end of October they were 5 points clear at the top. It was the middle of the season, right after they (Abramovich) fired Wilkins off, that they slumped badly.

That's right - my memory doesn't stretch that far.