Go on then spill the beans

No beans to spill, Razza was replying to a post that said Smalley was crap, Razza said that was the reason Smalley would never pull on a Latics shirt again.

That isn't the reason IMO, Dickov saw plenty of Smalley before he was shipped out on loan, obviously took a view of the player and decided he didn't figure in his plans and could go out on loan.

I don't think someone slagging him off on a messageboard will have any bearing on whether he ever pulls on a Latics shirt again, the managers opinion of him as a player might have a far greater bearing IMO.

No beans to spill, Razza was replying to a post that said Smalley was crap, Razza said that was the reason Smalley would never pull on a Latics shirt again.

That isn't the reason IMO, Dickov saw plenty of Smalley before he was shipped out on loan, obviously took a view of the player and decided he didn't figure in his plans and could go out on loan.

I don't think someone slagging him off on a messageboard will have any bearing on whether he ever pulls on a Latics shirt again, the managers opinion of him as a player might have a far greater bearing IMO.

It looked to me like Razza was simply stating that because Smalley is crap (not my opinion btw) he wouldn't be pulling on a shirt again :unsure:

nothing to do with the message board slaggin off . Its the 10 old men behind me that from Smalleys first ever kick of a small were screaming "your crap get off" at him.

It looked to me like Razza was simply stating that because Smalley is crap (not my opinion btw) he wouldn't be pulling on a shirt again :unsure:

I meant more the fact Yard Dog calling him crap before even given him a chance again was the reason he wouldnt stay . Why would he stay to be slagged off constantly by fans who expect David Silva to be tearing down our flanks every week.

nothing to do with the message board slaggin off . Its the 10 old men behind me that from Smalleys first ever kick of a small were screaming "your crap get off" at him.

All clubs have idiot fans, its part and parcel of football.

If all players who were ever slagged off by a few fans refused to play for the club ever again, clubs would be struggling to find any players atall, as it is most young lads would still give anything to be a professional footballer.

I don't personally think Smalley will ever play for Latics again but I still don't accept that the reason is a few moaning old duffers in the RRE.

All clubs have idiot fans, its part and parcel of football.

If all players who were ever slagged off by a few fans refused to play for the club ever again, clubs would be struggling to find any players atall, as it is most young lads would still give anything to be a professional footballer.

I don't personally think Smalley will ever play for Latics again but I still don't accept that the reason is a few moaning old duffers in the RRE.

If he hadnt been offered a contract then I would understand people saying its because of ability etc he wont be playing, but the fact Dickov has offered it to him and he could sign tomorrow leaves the reasons for him not signing in his hands. which leads me to believe he wont sign because he doesnt want to be slagged off every miskick etc.

Or the fact he could have his wages doubled elsewhere will probably help

If he hadnt been offered a contract then I would understand people saying its because of ability etc he wont be playing, but the fact Dickov has offered it to him and he could sign tomorrow leaves the reasons for him not signing in his hands. which leads me to believe he wont sign because he doesnt want to be slagged off every miskick etc.

Or the fact he could have his wages doubled elsewhere will probably help

I've no idea what he has been offered here or anywhere else, reading some of the other posts on this thread it seems that by making him at least an equivalent offer to last year, we may be in line for some compensation if he signs elsewhere.

I don't know if this is true but could explain alot.

isn't that why we sold Eardley? because of abuse he got from fans? you might need to accept it

isn't that why we sold Eardley? because of abuse he got from fans? you might need to accept it

I thought we sold Eardley as he was out of contract in the summer, we were made an offer by Blackpool and we weren't prepared to risk being shafted again, as we were with Porter.

I stand corrected :lol:

Said the man in the orthopaedic shoes :lol:

I reckon he's happy playing in League 2. Better to be a good player in league 2 than an average player in league 1, especially if you're paid more. Thought he'd be happy to stay at Chesterfield with Shez though.

Any compo for us is great.