Apparently Smalley is on the verge for signing for Oxford Utd on a 2 years deal. There were four deals on the table for him, however Oxford offered twice as much as everyone else.

I reckon half way through last season he wasn't going to be offered a new contract with us so any fee we get now is a good bonus paid for after his hard work at Chesterfield!

Result in my eyes.

I reckon half way through last season he wasn't going to be offered a new contract with us so any fee we get now is a good bonus paid for after his hard work at Chesterfield!

Result in my eyes.

Does that mean JS doesn't consider him good enough for league one next season ???

He got offers from us, Scunthorpe, Chesterfield & Oxford. However Oxford offered twice as much as everyone else & it was a two years deal.

I went and watched Oxford vs Chesterfield second to last game of season, have no idea why they signed him after that performance!

Oxford are a bigger club than both us, Chesterfield and Scunny all be it in a lower league and they are offering twice as much, cant blame him.

I bet ours was just a token offer anyway to get the compo

still a league two club bigger or not

still a league two club bigger or not

True but still double the wage. If it was 10-20% higher i would question why he choose to stay in league 2 but when they are giving 100% extra then i can see why he is joining them.

Out of all the clubs in that division they have also got the best chance of promotion in the next few years with the crowds being nearly double that of most other clubs. So probably a good move for him, more potential than here anyway and twice the wage

Suppose after all his problems with injuries he wants security. A two deal down South is better than him risking get injured spending half the season on the sidelines, get fit around March struggle to match his performances and get released then looking for another club. Plus maybe he enjoys League 2 as his standard good luck Deano anyway.

Not really on par with anyone of these is he

That's not the point. The other players were loaned out as they were out of favour. If Adebayor had scored 40 goals at Real he would be back in the City team faster than Giggsy can say superinjunction.

Smalley was loaned out for a similar reason, and put in better performances for Chesterfield than any of our forwards including our ex-premier league manager. So in my opinion he has done enough to warrant a chance to prove himself if he wants it.