From Tonight's Chron

Interesting you said couple of hundred thousand per year

£6m we approx owe Blitz divided by 20 years is exactly £300,000 per year so close to your figure.

I know it is rent, but there could be some sort of repayment agreement. I think that would equate to a 5% yield, which I understand to be fairly good in todays climate.

I worked backwards on 4% but it occured to me whilst reading/contributing to the Failsworth v BP thread that I was probably too high in terms of pound notes. If Nandos/Warner Bros/Megabowl/Holiday Inn/Fitness World or whoever want to get involved, then they would presumably pay for the land their joint is on whilst we would only pay for the land our stadium, and any club-owned interests, are on. So we might be looking at something more in the region of a £75k-£100k per annum perhaps?

This assumption is also why I can't figure out how Latics can profit from such things. TTA own the land and some chain rolls in and opens a new branch - where does OAFC add value? :unsure: Will we lease the whole of the site and sub-lease plots? Maybe, but once again that boils down to someone's generosity rather than some 'self-sustainable' ideal.

Agreed. But perhaps also reasonably shabby that the estate agent director at the club wasn't able to establish this on the club's behalf before the purchase went through.

Nah. Most people, including it appears the council themselves, seem to think the buck stops with them which speaks volumes. IH does a lot of work for the club and, incidentally, he was yesterday quoted to me as saying this deal is "too complicated to explain at the moment". It's nice to be in the know! :tongue:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the council's barrister got it wrong and for £140k per annum for two days work per year, you'd think he'd be right on the money.

Why do you just make stuff up? Who at the Council would get paid £70k a day? Not even Lord Sugar pays himself that much....

Why do you just make stuff up? Who at the Council would get paid £70k a day? Not even Lord Sugar pays himself that much....

Pretty sure the comment says per annum, which is per year. Or did you just skip that part? The point I think the poster was trying to make was for someone who makes £140K per year from the council for effectivly two days work should do more. I maybe wrong but thats just how I read it.

And for the comment above, the bought the Lancastor Club to aviod a lawsuit. The reason we sold to them is because without the build it is worthless to OAFC.

There was a programme on radio4 this afternoon about the house of lords. One baroness claimed £140k in expenses in the last 10 years and has never spoken in the house since she became lady muck in the 70's.

Anyway.... As you were......

Edited by BlueJazzer

Pretty sure the comment says per annum, which is per year. Or did you just skip that part? The point I think the poster was trying to make was for someone who makes £140K per year from the council for effectivly two days work should do more. I maybe wrong but thats just how I read it.

And for the comment above, the bought the Lancastor Club to aviod a lawsuit. The reason we sold to them is because without the build it is worthless to OAFC.

If you read it again it says per annum for two days work per year.

However, i took that as a typo and meant two days per week.