modern day positions

Ok we're not a club who play at the highest level (and I don't think everyone has picked up on this) but under Dickov from what I've seen we've adopted to the modern system where you play with four in defence, two holding midfielders, and then two players who switch between attacking and defensive midfield positions, with two forwards up front. My question is do you think this works or would we do better if we switch back to the standard formations? (4-4-2, 4-3-3 etc)

Ok we're not a club who play at the highest level (and I don't think everyone has picked up on this) but under Dickov from what I've seen we've adopted to the modern system where you play with four in defence, two holding midfielders, and then two players who switch between attacking and defensive midfield positions, with two forwards up front. My question is do you think this works or would we do better if we switch back to the standard formations? (4-4-2, 4-3-3 etc)

First 3 games of season was 4-4-2. Played 3 and lost 3.

Next 2 games was 4-2-3-1 but with the CAM a bit higher up closer to striker. Played 2 won 2. Suggests we'll be better with how we playing currently.

another question for most people what is a winger to most people? Some people get angry when players like Taylor and Morais cut inside but they're probably doing what they're told to do

I thought this was a thread about sex.

and heres me thinking I changed the name of this thread to "modern day formations"

homer_doh.gif

The talk about wingers overlooks the changes in fullbacks. They used to be big units like cbs, now they are small and quick so its not a big shock that going outside them doesnt work as well. Oh, and Dicky Davies' favourite position is The Wheelbarrow.