Oxlade-Chamberlain

On a Tuesday night in January this year, scored against Latics at Boundary Park in League One. Nine months on, scoring for Arsenal at the Emirates in the Champions League.

Not bad.

I thought his goal was disallowed against us that night. Was a great strike that one.

Did he score another one? I can't remember there were that many. He looked a class act though. Fair play to Southampton for not getting bullied into selling him for peanuts too.

I thought his goal was disallowed against us that night. Was a great strike that one.

Did he score another one? I can't remember there were that many. He looked a class act though. Fair play to Southampton for not getting bullied into selling him for peanuts too.

The whole side did, no surprise that pretty much the same group of players is doing so well in the Championship. Strong, big, physical, fit players playing a high press / high tempo game, with a very high level of technical class about them……as good a side I've seen us play against I'd say.

But, it shows the gulf in finances between the 'haves' & 'have not's' though too. It wasn’t too long ago that they really were up sh1t creek without a paddle, then the (Swiss I think) new owner comes in and all of a sudden they are paying £1million transfer fees for Lambert & Fonte.

<side note - I thought they were awesome last season; but I don’t want them doing well this season (even though they are) as they are managed by a grade A Prick. Adkins is a huge tool, and I love for him to be taken down a peg or 2 sooner rather than later; he has such an inflated opinion of himself; his interviews are just cringey. Plank>

Chamberlain was class that night, he gave our left side (Evina first, then Black IIRC) a torrid time; and Saints even had the luxury of bringing him off with a good chunk of time left; his job was done. You could just tell he would be Premiership bound asap after watching him live. Good luck to the lad…..

The whole side did, no surprise that pretty much the same group of players is doing so well in the Championship. Strong, big, physical, fit players playing a high press / high tempo game, with a very high level of technical class about them……as good a side I've seen us play against I'd say.

But, it shows the gulf in finances between the 'haves' & 'have not's' though too. It wasn’t too long ago that they really were up sh1t creek without a paddle, then the (Swiss I think) new owner comes in and all of a sudden they are paying £1million transfer fees for Lambert & Fonte.

<side note - I thought they were awesome last season; but I don’t want them doing well this season (even though they are) as they are managed by a grade A Prick. Adkins is a huge tool, and I love for him to be taken down a peg or 2 sooner rather than later; he has such an inflated opinion of himself; his interviews are just cringey. Plank>

Chamberlain was class that night, he gave our left side (Evina first, then Black IIRC) a torrid time; and Saints even had the luxury of bringing him off with a good chunk of time left; his job was done. You could just tell he would be Premiership bound asap after watching him live. Good luck to the lad…..

Evina was playing LM, and just gave up that night after realising he couldn't beat there full-back, even on pace. Chamberlain didnt exactly give Black a torrid time, he did give him a tough time, but Southampton got the tactics spot on, and played it high in the air to Black and had Lambert challenging him in the air, so Lambert was heading it into the centre for Chamberlain where he did the most damage once it was on the floor and our CB's had no idea what to do.