Kieran Lee

While we're on the subject, does anyone else think it'd be worth giving Kieran a go in midfield whilst Furman is out? We've been lacking creativity in midfield recently (well, certainly against Brentford), and I think he's good technically, very comfortable on the ball, and shows a very good range of passing even from full back. Might be a bit of a gamble considering he hasn't played there for a while now, and we'd be losing a very good right back in the process, but maybe worth a pop?

While we're on the subject, does anyone else think it'd be worth giving Kieran a go in midfield whilst Furman is out? We've been lacking creativity in midfield recently (well, certainly against Brentford), and I think he's good technically, very comfortable on the ball, and shows a very good range of passing even from full back. Might be a bit of a gamble considering he hasn't played there for a while now, and we'd be losing a very good right back in the process, but maybe worth a pop?

Be worth a try i reckon, especially against exeter who usually play 5 at the back - 3 CB's and two full/wing backs.. Winchester RB? Or Clarke Diamond M'voto Diallo with Lee in midfield? He'd certainly offer us something 'extra' whilst attacking from CM..

Back to OP, definitely need to give Lee,Furman and Taylor long-term contracts very soon.. Lee has said he would sign, so hopefully the club doesn't wait ages to offer one since he has said this.. Find out Furman and Taylor's plans before january transfer window, so we're not in a position where we reject any offers for them in January but then they reject a contract once the window has shut..

i would also like to see lee in cm,as you say he hasn't played there for a while but deffo worth a go while furman is out and we may even find he could be the right partner for furman when he's back

Lee to stay at rb please! Enough of this nonsense about midfield

Why's it nonsense? He was originally a central midfielder, and apparently a good one at that. We're badly lacking any creativity in midfield, and have back up at right back. Even from full back he's one of our best passers of a ball, and certainly better technically than the midfield pairing we currently have. Hardly nonsense, is it?

our problem?

no midfield - simple as.

WHEN do our central midfielders pass the ball through to the strikers? when do they run beyond them?

When do our wingers just get the ball and whip it in instead of faffing around passing it back, sideways, back??

NEVER

Furman back may help, but even he is defensive minded.

Kieran Lee is the man to make us tick - he carries the ball with pace and passes well - either that or have Morais in front of Furman and just behind the strikers, 4-3-1-2.

Reid is having to do it all himself at the moment, feel sory for him as he is playing well and if the strikers know the service will come, ala Eyres and Wellens who you know will get it and create something, then we would be much more of a threat.

But carry on standing off players and letting them play in your own half when you don't have it and keep kicking it long and down the sides for no one and we will only go one way - and it aint up.........

still believe in PD - we have little resources so wont be able to get a real creator, although so far Simpson and Adeyemi can go back and maybe a youg kid who can create in the middle of midfield can be brought in...

Ah, the Kieran Lee is our saviour thread.......i do enjpy these

He's a very competent league 1 right back now, and that he should stay

Hes not the solutiom tpo the midfield, becaise all you are doing is creating problems where there arent any at RB, and not solving the CM issue either.

Lee has fo stay RB, hes our best player for that role and its a Position he's learnt and now Plays very well IMO

Talk of CM is silly IMO, we have beter options there that dont involve swapping round pegs / square holes around

Lee is our 1st choice RB, end of for me

Ah, the Kieran Lee is our saviour thread.......i do enjpy these

He's a very competent league 1 right back now, and that he should stay

Hes not the solutiom tpo the midfield, becaise all you are doing is creating problems where there arent any at RB, and not solving the CM issue either.

Lee has fo stay RB, hes our best player for that role and its a Position he's learnt and now Plays very well IMO

Talk of CM is silly IMO, we have beter options there that dont involve swapping round pegs / square holes around

Lee is our 1st choice RB, end of for me

At this moment in time, we clearly don't. No-one's saying he should become a midfielder permanently, but for the time being, I can't see why it isn't worth a try. There is zero creativity in the midfield at present. It's not as if he'd be being thrown into a position he's never played before, is it?