Leeds Boss Considers Paynter Move

Simon Grayson has confirmed interest he is considering allowing Billy Paynter to leave Leeds United on loan.

The former Swindon striker hasn't featured in the first team since the opening day of the season and has been linked with a host clubs in terms of a potential loan deal.

"I have had call from a League One team about Billy," confirmed the Leeds boss. "We'll decide if it's the right thing to do.

"One thing for certain is that we wouldn't consider Billy joining one of our rivals in the Championship so any deal would have to suit all parties, and by that I mean, us and Billy.

"He wants to play games which he isn't doing at the moment and I have no problems with letting him out, but until we decide properly there's nothing doing."

Billy joined the club from Swindon in the summer of 2010, but found appearances restricted due to injury last season and his only goal came in the 2-1 win at Preston on March.

Could it be us as reid is out for upto 6weeks

we got aidy white last season who did a good enough job and dickov will know paynter from his time at leeds so its a possibility. i wouldnt mind seeing what kuqi/morais/taylor/simpson/smith/parker could do though, and even though he's awful brooke could bne given a go there.

saying that i wouldnt complain if paynter arived here, a strikeforce of kuqi and paynter would be something to watch

Nowt doing for Preston as goes a striker coming in, They go to Hudders tomorrow with Hume up top still not fully match fit and with a chance of a real thumping.

Sounds like Mellor isn't going to be ready to face Latics Tuesday night, so as it stands this could be the best chance to come away from Deepdale with the points and send em into free fall down the table.

Going To deepdale on Monday morning for my ticket, Still deciding where to park the motor but possible the safest place would be the Deepdale retail park up the road or the local Sainsburys near the ground I was told :D